What Happens with X2 Version Users Now?

Author
Cristopher D
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2017/11/21 20:47:48 (permalink)

What Happens with X2 Version Users Now?

First, I’m very disheartened to find out about Sonar’s demise, and I hope Gibson knows how bad this is going to go for them in the long term if they don’t step up and support the loyal users. My heart goes out to all the brilliant employees at Cakewalk and to those who have invested time and money into the more recent versions. But here’s my question: I have X2 Pro and all the drivers. Once the ship is completely sunk and there’s zero support for it then what? Can I still use my registration licensing codes in order to transfer the Sonar X2 Pro SW to a new computer if my current one crashes? 

3 Replies Related Threads

Cactus Music
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: What Happens with X2 Version Users Now? 2017/11/21 20:56:00 (permalink)
    Yes of course, Your actually better off because you don't need no stinkin' internet ,, just don't loose the intall data and those serial numbers. I think up until X3 we only needed the 2 numbers to activate Sonar. You could install those on 50 computers and no one would be the wiser. 

I have all my old Sonar disks ripped to ISO images.  I still have the downloads and ISO copies stored in about 4 places. I have a txt file with all the seriaal and activation codes. 
    The newer versions required on line activation using CCC but the downoloads can still be used off line. But the catch there was you still needed to contact Cakewalk for a activation code which I do beleieve wasa one time only code tied to a computer. SO not sure what will happen 6 years from now when we try to install the latest SPlat without a mothership to OK the install. It is a good system that prevents piracy, I doubt very much that anybody managed to pirate Splat or any new version past X3e. 

I guess I'll be able to use x3e forever if worse comes to worse. 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Cristopher D
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re: What Happens with X2 Version Users Now? 2017/11/21 21:33:58 (permalink)
    Hey, thanks...for some reason I thought the registration codes were only allowed to be used on one computer at a time, but maybe I'm thinking about something else.........I'll have to make sure I back those discs up in multiple places.
    2:43AM
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1147
    Re: What Happens with X2 Version Users Now? 2017/11/21 22:46:33 (permalink)
    Christopher D, too bad you can't get a copy of X3.  If I recall, X3 was way more stable than X2.

I would think there would be no benefit to downgrading from Platinum Whatever-Version, but X3e would be the next best choice.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1