Helpful ReplyLockedShame on some of you

Author
dubdisciple
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5849
2017/11/22 02:09:57 (permalink)

Shame on some of you

There are people who have been very helpful to all of us facing uncertain futures and all some of you can think about is me me me. Unless your software suddenly stops working tomorrow you got what you paid for. Even those who bought "lifetime updates" had to have sone inkling that lifetime implied lifetime of company. If you just purchased that, that is something you take up with customer service and not spit in the faces of those that have put up with your worse than millennial entitlement issues over the years. F@#$ no you don't get third party licenses unlocked! The deal that got you those products was contracted to be locked or you would have been charged much more. Damn near every third party software bundled and locked into Sonar has been offered for next to nothing in the Deals forum cakewalk allows us to have. Maybe cakewalk can be generous and unlock cakewalk owned locked products, but kick rocks with your selfish demands. You have a great product that will work for many years. I have X3 ( and a half kinda sorta) and it works fine. Get over yourselves and show some appreciation for people who have been very good to us. If you have a legit gripe take it up with those who actually have a part in this and not the bakers who have been awesome . This is best product based forum and this is an awful way to show appreciation.
post edited by dubdisciple - 2017/11/22 03:18:48
TheSteven
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2037
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 02:55:11 (permalink)
Nice put.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils" Loius-Hector Berlioz

www.AgitatedState.com MenuMagic - plug-in management powertools!
My Tunes
bitman
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4105
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 04:08:16 (permalink)
Yeah.
guitz
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 232
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 04:19:22 (permalink)
dubdisciple
 Even those who bought "lifetime updates" had to have sone inkling that lifetime implied lifetime of company.

I automatically assumed it meant the users lifetime. And btw, I feel 0 shame , only disappointment and possibly slight anger over shelling out for lifetime updates but if you don't feel that way, I'm OK with that too. 
rwandering
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 29
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 05:05:22 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby tlw 2017/11/22 12:24:21
I've been on both sides of this kind of situation and definitely agree.  As long as the software doesn't have a timebomb in it then that's that.

Anything more Cakewalk can do, great, but frankly when products / companies are shutdown all bets are off.   

Frankly, when I saw the "lifetime updates" offer I thought one thing: this is a bad sign for the future of Cakewalk.
gprokap
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 76
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 05:12:02 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby SteveStrummerUK 2017/11/26 04:45:11
Some **** fanbois just stay ****ed fanbois until the end.
Unknowen
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1276
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 05:27:53 (permalink)
YOU KNOW? flaming is flaming...

I'm sure the the bakers are not even on this dumb A$$ forum! Would you be if it was just part of a "JOB" that you no longer have? :( Maybe you better look at how you're acting! This is just as disrespectful as well NOTHING here that has been said! There is NOT one person here that has ANY ill will for the bakers!
WE ARE ALL PISSED AT GIBSON! NOT EACH OTHER! This post was not needed...

relax!

Peace! :( 

Hay look,
Somethings are not locked in stone... lol 3/18/2019
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 729
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 05:40:19 (permalink)
11Dreams

I'm sure the the bakers are not even on this dumb A$$ forum! Would you be if it was just part of a "JOB" that you no longer have?

They are, a couple of them were just on, and they have been here on and off during the day checking things out.

Intel i7 4790 @3.6Ghz - 32GB Ram - Windows 10 Pro 64bit - RME Fireface UFX+
Studio One 4 Professional, REAPER, CbB-(Couldnb't be Bothered)
More Plugs than Plumbers Warehouse.

Happy Studio One User Since August 2015

"It's the entertainment value, the comic relief . . . plus the Software and Deals Forum"

dubdisciple
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 05:43:14 (permalink)
As a longtime forum member, the bakers are standup guys who will be standup right until the end. If you have no shame in whining, whine away
Musikslayer
  • Total Posts : 56
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 05:45:26 (permalink)
dubdisciple
Shame on some of you

No, shame on you. A lot of people just got ripped off, some knowingly, by a CEO who quite frankly is an idiot. There are plenty of resources like Glassdoor etc to judge how Gibson employees feel about him and the work environment, and I'm sure it's possible to find out his outrageous salary.

I use Sibelius as well. The top guys at Avid make obscene salaries, yet they notoriously fired the Sibelius team and it now operates with a bare-bones crew. Nice guys but they can't handle it. Sound familiar? Speaking of which, where is Gibson's CEO? I'd love to see him pop in this thread. Oh wait, that would take courage and leadership.

I'm sure the Cakewalk employees work hard. So do the rest of us. They were ripped off and so were some people here. And what happens when a CEO crashes a company? They tend to ride into the sunset, golden parachute in hand, and just leave the mess. There's outrage to be had, let's point it in the right direction. Did anyone ever think that Gibson was a well-run company? I knew very well when I saw "lifetime updates" that it was a desperate ploy and people would get taken. And they were. I don't care if it's 100 bucks or a nickel, because I guarantee that the CEO's second vacation home is in great condition.

dubdisciple
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 05:53:13 (permalink)
So..piss in the wind on a forum only us and employees other than the CEO will see? That makes a lot of sense. You didn't get ripped off. I'm pretty sure the licensing did not promise you the company would last forever or even until next week. We all groaned a little when Gibson acquired company because their track record sucks when acquiring software companies. In our heart of hearts, we are not shocked. Dissapointed, but not shocked. Some took a gamble on lifetime updates for the cost of a regular upgrade. This is not some ponzi scheme level loss. The only people truly screwed are employees and recent full price purchasers. My point is your angry words are more likely to find the eyes if someone legitimately screwed than the actual people you are upset with.
Musikslayer
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 06:02:08 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby myronn369 2017/11/22 08:24:37
dubdisciple
So..piss in the wind on a forum only us and employees other than the CEO will see? That makes a lot of sense. You didn't get ripped off. I'm pretty sure the licensing did not promise you the company would last forever or even until next week. We all groaned a little when Gibson acquired company because their track record sucks when acquiring software companies. In our heart of hearts, we are not shocked. Dissapointed, but not shocked. Some took a gamble on lifetime updates for the cost of a regular upgrade. This is not some ponzi scheme level loss. The only people truly screwed are employees and recent full price purchasers. My point is your angry words are more likely to find the eyes if someone legitimately screwed than the actual people you are upset with.

Let me guess: You're a Trump voter? Because you sure as hell come off like one.
Unknowen
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 06:05:06 (permalink)
dubdisciple
As a longtime forum member, the bakers are standup guys who will be standup right until the end. If you have no shame in whining, whine away

I was being respectful to you and you came back as an A$$. lol That's truly YOU PROBLEM! I have know feelings for this forum good or bad... It simple logic to me... so and well... ;)
This forum is NOT a way of life for me... and as far as Cakewalk, if you want I can run down to my studio and take a picture of my 1st midi software by 12tone...
yet that means nothing as well!

I NEVER expected this lifetime deal to fly in the 1st place! I've been say that here from the 1st day...
We bought a great DAW package with bugs! Like every other DAW.
Bugs Bugs Bug... no upgrades or maybe rarely...  

Get over your self! this forum is most likely dead! Time to find a new place to hide from realty! :)

Hay look,
dubdisciple
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 06:06:08 (permalink)
11Dreams
dubdisciple

I was being respectful to you and you came back as an A$$. lol That's truly YOU PROBLEM! I have know feelings for this forum good or bad... It simple logic to me... so and well... ;)
This forum is NOT a way of life for me... and as far as Cakewalk, if you want I can run down to my studio and take a picture of my 1st midi software by 12tone...
yet that means nothing as well!

I NEVER expected this lifetime deal to fly in the 1st place! I've been say that here from the 1st day...
We bought a great DAW package with bugs! Like every other DAW.
Bugs Bugs Bug... no upgrades or maybe rarely...  

Get over your self! this forum is most likely dead! Time to find a new place to hide from realty! :)

I wasn't even addressing you lol
Unknowen
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 06:09:05 (permalink)
Matron Landslide
11Dreams

I'm sure the the bakers are not even on this dumb A$$ forum! Would you be if it was just part of a "JOB" that you no longer have?

They are, a couple of them were just on, and they have been here on and off during the day checking things out.

Well that is supersizing to me... though I did see Ryan online... 

But on the other side of life "home" is where the heart is...

yawn, it's midnight here!

peace!

Hay look,
dubdisciple
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 06:09:07 (permalink)
Musikslayer
dubdisciple

Lmao.. not sure how who i voted for has anything to do with this. I'm actually showing sympathy for the employees. Something oompah loompah would never do. Not a trump voter, but i teach special ed kids and if i didn't know better, i would swear i was talking to one of my students.
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 729
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 06:16:34 (permalink)

Intel i7 4790 @3.6Ghz - 32GB Ram - Windows 10 Pro 64bit - RME Fireface UFX+
Studio One 4 Professional, REAPER, CbB-(Couldnb't be Bothered)
More Plugs than Plumbers Warehouse.

Happy Studio One User Since August 2015

"It's the entertainment value, the comic relief . . . plus the Software and Deals Forum"

Pragi
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1173
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 07:11:00 (permalink)

Nobody of us has to be ashamed,
in this case it belongs to gibson .

i hope we can stay together in this situation.

Peace 

kitekrazy1
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3524
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 08:16:37 (permalink)
Musikslayer
dubdisciple

Great! ****wits now get to violate forum policy.

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro 32GB Ram, Intel i7 4790, AsRock Z97 Pro 4,  NVidia 750ti, AP2496

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro, 16GB Ram, AMD FX 6300, Gigabyte GA 970 -UD3 P, nVidia 9800GT, Guitar Port, Terratec EWX 2496
kitekrazy1
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3524
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 08:17:30 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby RSMCGUITAR 2017/11/22 09:29:28
dubdisciple
Musikslayer
dubdisciple

Lmao.. not sure how who i voted for has anything to do with this. I'm actually showing sympathy for the employees. Something oompah loompah would never do. Not a trump voter, but i teach special ed kids and if i didn't know better, i would swear i was talking to one of my students.

I think your students would take offense.

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro 32GB Ram, Intel i7 4790, AsRock Z97 Pro 4,  NVidia 750ti, AP2496

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro, 16GB Ram, AMD FX 6300, Gigabyte GA 970 -UD3 P, nVidia 9800GT, Guitar Port, Terratec EWX 2496
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 09:48:05 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby pwalpwal 2017/11/22 10:38:07
Well... Cakewalk has failed. And I mean the group of people which was involved. That has happened before Gibson, it is still possible to fine Cakewalk financial status at the time of Roland -> Gibson transition. It has just continued under Gibson, with logical consequences. The failure was not in the sound quality domain, but in marketing. And in programming as well.

The chronology of failures:
* introduction of X. They have changed the look, but they have not adopted the engine. Till now. From all "halls" it is possible to see Sonar 6-8 things which was incorrectly attached to the new style. All new features introduced was (and still are) not aware or incompatible with many core basics. That has triggered huge set of "glitches", in graphics, in MIDI. I guess that was the reason why some users was not happy with X1.
* introduction of ProChannel. Nice idea, but "workaround on workaround" implementation. It was designed to replace Filters one to one, but it has grown into second FX bin. But it was left inside Filter, where it does not fit. And so got all set of strange glitches.
* the consequence was dropping the price, packing good but aging own plug-ins, so forcing packing 3d party plug-ins to compensate the aging. At some point it was clear that all that sub-licensed products consume most of money they get. There was a rumor that most money come from the "low end" versions, which had in-house components only. But is it possible to support serious huge program from the price of once cheap VST plug-in?
* at X3, many things which could be hotfixed was hotfixed. So they had a stable version, with modern look, archaic engine, a set of nice "vintage" plug-ins and... no money.

At that point, it could be a good time to re-think the strategy. From what we could observe and we was told: money comes from entry level products, X3 is rather stable and good as what it is. So logical: finally bring the engine up-to-date, including MIDI (VST), IO assignments, score, Matrix View, work on troubleshooting for audio equipment and VST crashes, merge ProChannel with FX bin and start selling modules one by one, to all users. So make MC/Sonar very attractive for new-comers, which prefer to see everything modern and work with pad played music, existing users will also for sure happy to experience changes in the engine and upgrade immediately.

* but instead... face lifted X3, DrumReplaces/VocalSync, packed with extra AD2 set. I mean not a "pack" which is useful for everyone. But not only that...
* MARKETING. I will not publish numbers, but some people like me have paid for 2x Platinum upgrades + RapturePro (full version) + GS2 (full version) much less then most of you have paid for one yearly update... PMs to CW, questions... the reply was: that is right.
* monthly updates, pay for the NEXT year... can ONE team update the engine under such conditions? No. It can not. So that was the clear sign of the end, till they change that, they could! But:
* "lifetime" (full stop of money flow at the end of this year, yes THIS year, we have paid for it previous summer), epic fail with Mac, Momentum ("small" team has decided to make something completely unrelated to anything else?)

Please do not get me wrong, I wish Cakewalk employers all the best. They are nice and knowledgeable people. And I also think that mother companies (Roland, Gibson) could HELP them, with marketing, with strategy, etc. instead of dropping the project.

But I understand people which blame EVERYONE. Since they are somehow right. Do you remember statements: "Cakewalk exists 29 years, Gibson even longer, why you think something is wrong?". Cakewalk has failed, and Cakewalk are people. We all fail periodically, sometimes with consequences sometimes not. That does not make us "bad", but there are people which have hoped we will not fail, and it is fair to let them claim the fact.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
paul jenkins
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 346
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 09:57:29 (permalink)
dubdisciple

Well I'm so depressed I'm drinking a pinot grigio white whine, thanx for the suggestion

Windows 10, 64 bit, intel core i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHZ  2.59GHZ......12 gig ram ....Sonar lifetime updates, presonus audiobox 1818 interface, and beringer UFX1604 mixer interface/control surface...... All round musician, multi-instrumentalist/songwriter.....attempting to produce good music.....started on music creator 6 2014, bought sonar 2015....and now invested in lifetime updates......Learning always!!!!Thanx cakewalk and online forum
dubdisciple
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 10:00:43 (permalink)
Pragi

Nobody of us has to be ashamed,
in this case it belongs to gibson .

i hope we can stay together in this situation.

Peace 

Fair enough
cowboydan
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 908
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 10:37:12 (permalink)
I think that everyone has forgotten that when you went for rolling updates that after 12 months Cakewalk said that the software was yours. With the lifetime updates they also stated that the software was ours. Now they have to take away the authorization of the software or face criminal charges.
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 10:54:59 (permalink)
at some point i expect that we will find out what actually happened these last few years (i have my own suspicions)

just a sec

Musikslayer
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 12:11:50 (permalink)
dubdisciple
Musikslayer
dubdisciple

Oh yeah, Trump voter. The giveaways: the bending over, sucking up, being as dumb as a bag of rocks and the overall "douchebag" vibe.  Regardless, if you want to show true sympathy for the employees, you probably want to express resentment towards the villain, the CEO. The customers aren't the bad guys, Maestro Educator, and "thoughts and prayers" really won't help. If the overall situation doesn't change, the Cakewalk employees will be canned from their next gig as well, with another CEO viewing them as expendable and walking off with all the $$ they made for him/her. The customers have every right to be upset.

P.S. "Special ed" really needs a period after "ed", teacher. Without one,  it sounds like you're writing about a talking horse or something. 
Karyn
Ma-Ma
  • Total Posts : 9200
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 13:17:56 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby pwalpwal 2017/11/22 13:21:09
No reason for closing required....   Play nice, go make some music.

Mekashi Futo
Get 10% off all Waves plugins.
Current DAW.  i7-950, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, 12Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD, 2x2Tb HDD, nVidia GTX 260, Antec 1000W psu, Win7 64bit, Studio 192, Digimax FS, KRK RP8G2, Sonar Platinum

bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
Re: Shame on some of you 2017/11/22 13:32:33 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby paul jenkins 2017/11/22 13:36:26
Musikslayer

That's hilarious! Of all the things dubdisciple could have been accused of, this had to send him into fits of laughter.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1