Helpful ReplySeriously Sonar Platinum features... What are they? DAW to match them?

Author
Unknowen
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1276
2017/11/22 16:03:17 (permalink)

Seriously Sonar Platinum features... What are they? DAW to match them?

Is there a DAW that can use true multi display monitors without stretching out the gui?
Having multi views open at the same time.
Expanding unlimited FX racks?
Aux tracks?
choice of render export from, Track, buss... with or without FX...
Bundling projects?
Hast to get around without hot keys! 
I'm disables and hot keys are a slow option then mousing it...
The ability to have ave it on at least for me 3 systems without having to buy the DAW 3 times. (iLok is fine)
Colored track lanes.

What else?

Hay look,
Somethings are not locked in stone... lol 3/18/2019
Taurean Mixing
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 312
Re: Seriously Sonar Platinum features... What are they? DAW to match them? 2017/11/22 16:17:30 (permalink)
- General UI customizations, keyboard shortcut customization, extensive theme customization
- Metering customization: numerical readout values (not all daws do it apparently), pre/post metering adjustment, metering adjustment per view!, ballistic customization
- "Smart Tools" w/ keyboard conjunctive function
- prefader gain built onto the track (not all daws do it!) 
- db scale measuring +/- waveform amplitude. 

If I'm wrong about any of these, please let me know!

Bob
taureanonlinemixing.com
Sonar Platinum x64
3930K (ADK) Win 7 x64
Cactus Music
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: Seriously Sonar Platinum features... What are they? DAW to match them? 2017/11/22 16:41:37 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mitch_I 2017/11/22 19:16:38
That's why I'm not even thinking about another DAW. Why should I. By the time Sonar stops working for me there will either be a re branded version of Sonar or vast improvements to other DAW's so I can compare features. I don't understand everyone panic to switch DAW's when the smoke from the gun is still in the room. 

I say get your moneys worth out of what's already paid for and running more or less smoothly right now. 

I say the probability of a re branded Sonar is very likely. That code is worth a lot of money and as Gibson goes through bankruptcy it will most likely be sold off. And maybe if a few of the Bakers are still around they could work out a way to either buy it as a private company or get support from an interested business, they are after all very connected to the audio tech world. 
I just find it highly unlikely that such a longstanding complicated DAW would get tossed out. 

For me my ist of features that no one DAW has: 
Melodyn intigration
Drum Replacer
A real good drum VST
Midi editing with smart tools etc
Multi windows 100% customizable. 
Tool copy to a wave editor 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

groovey1
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 288
Re: Seriously Sonar Platinum features... What are they? DAW to match them? 2017/11/22 16:58:25 (permalink)
I think the thing I'm going to miss most is the groove-clip capability. Being able to slip-extend or shrink ranges. Being able to drag and drop acidized files. Easily converting a clip to a groove clip. Lots of things I use all the time and take for granted. My understanding is that not a lot of other DAWs have this.

Edit: didn't notice that this was about Platinum features. Obviously groove-clips are in all versions. Guess I should have put this in the "things you will miss" thread 

SONAR Platinum, Win10-64, Acer Aspire V15 (i7-4510U, 2.0GHz, 8GB), Quad-Capture
https://soundcloud.com/waltmusekamp
Unknowen
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1276
Re: Seriously Sonar Platinum features... What are they? DAW to match them? 2017/11/22 17:40:11 (permalink)
I just installed my free "came with something" Studio Artist. it feels solid!
it's OK and it will split displays, nice but fumbling around right clicking on everything as apposed to Multi Tool... 
Not even close to fast! The bundle option is a "pathetic" joke! 
I'm just going to hold my breath and stay with Sonar... 
But there will always be a need to have a backup plan! I'm just going to get ProTool.
May as well be politically correct at this point. 

I HATE THIS!!! ^#%#%#&$#^#!
I can't see why this had to happen... UNLESS Gibson is just going to re brand. They would have to keep some of the Bakers just for the knowledge base. I really don't care how the model would look! I would buy it!

Many people here know how I am! I'm not letting this go... I will use perfectly legal "freedom of speech" tactics to exercise my free will to Roll out an ad campaign for Gibson! Even if I can keep one person from buying ANY Gibson products it will be a victory!

Hello Cactus :(

Hay look,
Somethings are not locked in stone... lol 3/18/2019
cool
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 95
Re: Seriously Sonar Platinum features... What are they? DAW to match them? 2017/11/22 18:28:45 (permalink)
I spent half a day learning different daws and another half a day on customizing my Reaper. I was able to "reproduse" 80% of the assigned keys in the piano roll and 90% of my speed dial buttons on the interface. Additionally, I discovered some additional convenience in editing midi controllers and some little things. I see a light at the end of the tunnel :)

I will still miss the QuadEQ with the analyzer and some other familiar things. But I already have the option to leave (with minimal investments!).
I found the Studio One too far from the Sonar in the workflow. Despite some external similarity.

English is not my native language. Apologize for any mistakes in the text.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1