Where is the thread I just posted.

Author
cowboydan
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 908
2017/11/22 16:10:45 (permalink)

Where is the thread I just posted.

When will Cakewalk finally come out and straighten this stuff out? It has been more than a day since this all started. There are too many speculations on the web not to straighten this out. You can't treat paying customers, especially paying customers by leaving things up in the air.

Where is my first post. This is tiresome. Please get this crap straightened out.

2 Replies Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re: Where is the thread I just posted. 2017/11/22 16:26:41 (permalink)
    "paying customers" .. you don't state what "Plan" you are on... you took the lifetime upgrade recently ? if it's when they offered it at "super duper" price, then I'm guessing vs other daw's you haven't overly lost out, if you were paying for updates before.. my cubase updates, try to get money out of me every .5 version... last time I bought sonar was x1 or 2 , the upgrade prices were "odd" for us foreigners. e.g. the same price as a new DAW.

cakewalk themselves have a parent company, so *THEY* themselves find out at the last minute also.. if you ever got made redundant , you "get that" .. everything is last minute or you just turn up for work and they say "It's done" ..

customers chucking their dummys out of the pram , doesn't add anything to the situation. If I got told by my employers that my work was "done", sorry I'd be selfish and worry about where my next job was / my family , and yes I'd feel sad for customers.. but if the customers were just gonna rant.. I'd say.. "you continue.. it's falling on deaf ears.. if you want to talk to me a certain way"

remember the time when roland bought into them ? that was kept quiet, had to be for financial reasons and again maybe they can't say too much, due to that. maybe they are trying to get a buyer as the assets / IP relating to the company have to be worth something. it does have it's "worth"

I'm not a fan boy of cakewalk have been with me, but still you need to keep a measured approach.. if you don't like to be talked to in a certain way, don't expect others to accept it either.

you don't have hundreds of thousands of $ invested in the company like the rest of us.. so I love this sense of entitlement so many do. I was more annoyed when camel pulled the plug, knowing they were going to be sold to apple.. thats like $1200 of my money and was within a year of me buying it!!
    cowboydan
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 908
    Re: Where is the thread I just posted. 2017/11/22 16:33:27 (permalink)
    I am just saying that the message that Noel brought out was not enough. He stated that Gibson pulled the plug and his message was 4 days later than Gibson's. If they have to stop , it would be nice to give the users a better heads up than what they did.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1