Reminds me of Opcode Vision...

Author
djwayne
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2021
2017/11/22 16:58:05 (permalink)

Reminds me of Opcode Vision...

Gibson bought up Opcode Vision and a few months later shut it down. Same darn thing all over again. For the love of God will Gibson please stay out of the software business ??????

As a lifetime update subscriber, I feel ripped off by the stoppage of updates. I would like a rebate please. 

6 Replies Related Threads

djjhart@aol.com
    Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2189
    Re: Reminds me of Opcode Vision... 2017/11/22 19:33:19 (permalink)
    Gibson is an evil company.. They got me again !! Go to Gibson to die ! Roland come back ..

Computer - Intel Q9550, Intel BX48bt2 MB, W8 64 bit. 8 gb Ram, SSD  
    Hardware - Tascam Fw1884 Control surface only, Ni S49 Komplete Kontroll,Roland Quad Capture, Ni Machine,Kore, Focusrite A/D converter, Blue Mic, Roland Gaia, Akai Mpk49, Yamaha HS80 Monitors.
    Software - Sonar Platinum , Vengeance VPS bundle,Sugar Bytes Effectrix, Turnado, NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Dune, Rob Papen  Blade , Delay, Punch Evolved.
     http://soundcloud.com/johnhartson/tracks  
     http://www.youtube.com/user/jhart1313 

kb420
    Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1839
    Re: Reminds me of Opcode Vision... 2017/11/22 19:56:14 (permalink)
    This entire situation reminds me of when Cakewalk finally announced that it would no longer be continuing development on Project 5.  Very sad indeed,  but life goes on.  The music goes on.....

"Now, excuse me while I jump into my Jaguar; I need to board my private jet for the usual weekend trip to my mansion on the Big Island. I think Trixie, Crystal, and Heather are already there...must not keep them waiting in the hot tub!"

-Craig Anderton-
    MarioD
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 901
    Re: Reminds me of Opcode Vision... 2017/11/22 21:11:28 (permalink)
    djwayne
    Gibson bought up Opcode Vision and a few months later shut it down. Same darn thing all over again. For the love of God will Gibson please stay out of the software business ??????

As a lifetime update subscriber, I feel ripped off by the stoppage of updates. I would like a rebate please. 

I hear you about Vision.  I was using Vision at the time and I was ticked that Gibson shut it down.  I brought this up when Gibson bought Cakewalk but I was convinced it wouldn't happen again. Unfortunately history repeated itself.  

But I don't feel ripped off when it comes with the monthly updates.  I feel that I got more than my money's worth.

YMMV

The reason people say the vinyl sounds better is because the music was better.

Sonar Platinum, Intel i7 –2600 CPU @ 3.2 GHz, 16 GB ram, 2x2TB internal drives and 1 1TB internal drive, Radeon HD 5570 video card, HP 25" monitor,
    Roland Octa Capture, MOTU Midi Express 128, Win 10 Pro

www.soundcloud.com/Mario_Guitar
    FettsVett
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 83
    Re: Reminds me of Opcode Vision... 2017/11/23 02:59:13 (permalink)
    It's not just software. Kramer had a brief stint with Gibson circa 2010. Then it disappeared a few years later, (maybe 2012). I believe Gibson had a role in this as well. Thankfully, Kramer is back: http://www.kramerguitars.com/
    I'm not sure when they reappeared.
    EDIT: I'm not sure what exactly happened, but Gibson owns Kramer now....which sucks. Here is a Wikipedia excerpt:
    The Kramer brand was sold out of bankruptcy to Gibson Guitar Corporation. Gibson's Epiphone division has produced guitars and basses under the Kramer brand since the late 1990s, mostly factory-direct through the now-defunct MusicYo.com website. Encouraged by the resurgence of interest in the Kramer brand, Epiphone has been reissuing classic Kramer models, including the "1984 Model;" (a homage to Eddie Van Halen's famous "5150" guitar used from 1984-1991) the "Jersey Star;" (a homage to the Richie Sambora signature 1980s Kramer) and most recently, the "1985 Baretta Reissue (A standard slant-pickup Baretta)". These high-end instruments are assembled in the USA from American components. In January 2009, Gibson shut down the MusicYo.com website, instead promising that Kramers would be available through dealers and in music stores by the end of 2009. But supply was not consistent and promised new models were either seriously delayed or never produced.
    More recently however under guidance from a dedicated Kramer team at Gibson, new models have made it to stores, and now includes the budget priced Baretta Special (a model touted on the MusicYo pages but never released until now) plus designs never seen before including the Pariah & Assault (including FR tremolo models) ranges brought out to bring the Kramer name to a new generation of rock musicians, while homages to vintage models like the Stagemaster in the form of the SM-1 and Classic Pacer Imperial now simply called the Pacer Vintage are also still produced.[citation needed]
    In 2007, a Kramer Striker controller was created for Guitar Hero III for the PS2, under a licensing agreement with Gibson Guitar Corporation. A Kramer Focus was also available as an in-game guitar, as was one of the earlier aluminum neck model Kramers. The Kramer Fatboy has been featured in Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock and Guitar Hero Aerosmith.
    Original Kramer guitars are now highly collectable, after being considered undesirable in the early-mid-1990s. They regularly fetch high prices on eBay and other auction sites. Kramer collectors held a Kramer Expo every year in Nashville, Tennessee, near the Gibson plant, from 2003-2008. More recently, expos have been held annually in locations around Europe including the Netherlands, Newcastle upon Tyne in 2006 & 2007, and Liverpool, UK in 2010 & 2012, to showcase and celebrate Kramer guitars.[5]
    FettsVett
    Re: Reminds me of Opcode Vision... 2017/11/23 03:08:40 (permalink)
    Kramer deserves to be bought by someone else. I don't believe they will be around much longer under Gibson.
    FettsVett
    Re: Reminds me of Opcode Vision... 2017/11/23 03:08:43 (permalink)
    Kramer deserves to be bought by someone else. I don't believe they will be around much longer under Gibson.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1