Trying to Install Cakewalk Music Connector on 64 bit Windows 10

Author
5circles
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2017/12/03 06:33:00 (permalink)

Trying to Install Cakewalk Music Connector on 64 bit Windows 10

I bought Cakewalk USB Music Pack several years ago.  I'm not sure whether I ever installed it, but if I did it would have been on an older OS, and probably an other computer.  I'd like to see if I can get the existing software and hardware working to play with before I decide if I want to use MIDI.  If so, I'll be investigating newer software and hardware.

I can see from internet posts that Cakewalk Music Creator 3 can be installed on recent OSs, and I didn't have any trouble installing it on my system.

I also found information about Windows 8 drivers for the Cakewalk Music Connector 1, and Windows 10 being able to use the same drivers.  But I haven't been able to install properly.  The setup program doesn't complete - even though there are messages saying the driver was installed, and it appears in Control Panel uninstall.  Device Manager shows the device USB MIDI-IF with a yellow I symbol, and when I try to reinstall the drivers it says they are incompatible with the OS.  I've tried changing compatibility settings, and also using the Windows 7 driver files to see if there was a problem with the Windows 8 drivers but the results are always the same.

Obviously this is vintage software and hardware, but I'd really appreciate it if anyone has any suggestions. A link to a page with instructions would be wonderful.

Thanks!
Mike

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1