Sonokinetic Phrase library

Author
msorrels
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1025
2017/12/14 14:50:37 (permalink)

Sonokinetic Phrase library

So I have a bunch of Sonokinetic's phrase library instruments for Kontakt.  To use them requires you play major or minor triads in the range C1 to G2.  Which is great if you happen to play keyboards and know all the major and minor chords.  Sadly I don't.  So I made up a collection of MIDI phrases for all the chords and organized them by type and key.  They are all just a bunch of whole note MIDI files.  I then added track names to every file (had to write software to do that) so that even in Cubase they show the chord when dragged and dropped in the track view.  I've zipped up this collection and I'm giving it away.  If you have any of the Sonokinetic libraries (like Maximo, Minimal, or the Ostinato libraries) these might be useful to you.  You can download it from here:

http://www.pontari.com/music/SonokineticPhrases.zip

If you find any issues (wrong/missing chords/etc) please let me know.  I do think the Ostinato libraries will recognize a few more chords than their other libraries, but I haven't included any of those.  Just the major and minor chords are covered.  For the folders by key, only the chords the libraries recognize are included.  To use these just drag and drop them into the timeline in your DAW.  Then stretch/loop/duplicate them to size.  They work for me in SONAR and Cubase in Ostinato Brass, Ostinato Strings, Maximo, Minimal, and Capriccio.

Merry Christmas.

-Matt

4 Replies Related Threads

Jesse Screed
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1158
    Re: Sonokinetic Phrase library 2017/12/14 19:43:42 (permalink)
    WOW!  Thanks for taking the time to do this, and thanks for sharing.  I don't have Sonokinetic, but maybe they will work with other synths.  Regardless, you are a generous man!

Jesse Q. Screed
    ZincTrumpet
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 891
    Re: Sonokinetic Phrase library 2017/12/14 20:32:39 (permalink)
    Matt,

You are a scholar and a gent. Thanks for sharing and a very Merry Christmas to you too.

ZT
    Amicus717
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 555
    Re: Sonokinetic Phrase library 2017/12/14 20:55:20 (permalink)
    Thanks, Matt. Very generous. 

Sonar Platinum, Windows 10 Pro 64, Core i7-5820K Haswell-E CPU, 32GB DDR4 RAM, RME Babyface, Adam F7 monitors, Mackie MCU
    msorrels
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1025
    Re: Sonokinetic Phrase library 2017/12/14 21:18:56 (permalink)
    They will work with anything (they are just notes after all) but you may need to transpose them up or down (add/subtract multiples of 12) depending on what you are using them with.  Also it's important to note that none of the key folders have any diminished chords since the Sonokinetic libraries don't support them. 

If you are looking for more MIDI key scales be sure to check out http://feelyoursound.com/scale-chords/

-Matt

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1