Helpful ReplyInsane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ?

Author
Frank Harvey
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 214
2017/12/26 06:57:48 (permalink)

Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ?

OK,
YES... I Bought the Suite for minimal $$$ and am rapt thus far.
AND.........I got it so incredibly cheap!!!! .....such LUCK What !! .. ( ie: AND.. having had so little luck in my life generally :)   )...... ( A needed / Necessary bright light ) and right when I was in a deep Lull from the unexpected  'Move to Heaven' by my long time  pal ... SONAR  PLATINUM.
HEY! ...... Make No Mistake...............'Samplitude Pro (Suite)' appears indeed to be a bloody brilliant piece of technological mastery.
This program called 'Samplitude Suite' truly  Rocks!!.......Just Like SONAR did / still does.
And That's my Point.
Thus far...It is amazing me at every turn......esp such wonders as Spectral Layers............HEY !!!.....WOW !!!

HOWEVER,
Notwithstanding the overwhelming and impressive impact 'SAMPLITUDE' has had on me ........ I, as are many of my Sonarian mates, am still smarting deeply from recent events and and have subsequently lost significant trust in the Software..(esp: DAW) Industry.

SONAR collapsed in a 'SUDDEN IMPACT' event ...........  AND YEAH...OK ....  ( Some.. so called  'Industry Prophets' ) claim they predicted this  .. ..(Heee Heee  :).

QUESTION:
Before I go to all of the intense, time consuming and ( Frankly).. 'Bloody Annoying' trouble of retraining myself in yet another DAW program,   ( eg: my new DAW  choice is  ... SAMPLITUDE ).

Should I be concerned at the 'ROCK BOTTOM AND BELOW' Samplitude  price offerings being presented in recent days? ......not just  SAMPLITUDE but by many DAWS ?

SONAR IS DEAD...Apparently  .....   LONG LIVE ( Whichever DAW Snags the most Sonar Refugees) ;)

EDITORIAL:
I am passingly ( YEAH.. WHATEVER :)  ) concerned about the  longevity of SAMPLITUDE.
Their prices are so, Ridiculously Low and Internationally Erratic  at the moment.
I assume the people who work at Samplitude have to eat too :)
Has anyone taken the time to simply ask them...... " Are You OK" ?
Do We Need To conclude that 'DAW' names starting with 'S' are likely to be doomed to oblivion?
And I hope not / want not  !!!!!
Best Regards
Frank in OZ
kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ? 2017/12/26 08:01:31 (permalink)
You might not fully realize it yet but you just scored a very nice DAW
Don't let the current price fool you , about 3 years ago when I wanted to upgrade to Pro X 2 Suite from Samp 8 Studio E.. it would have cost me $999.00 at the time ...

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

GIM Productions
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 860
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ? 2017/12/26 08:28:22 (permalink)
Hi i bought the Samplitude Suite couse the deal was incredible.....
My Daw in the studio is Sonar Platinum and it will be for a long time,but i 'm learning Samplitude very fast and for me is awesome.The audio reputation was already know but the vsti midi use is simple and accurate,in the quantize section especially.
Anyway i hope again in Sonar rescue!
Greetings

Intel i7 3600,Asus Z170P,16 GIG Corsair ram,Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 i\o,Nektar Impact LX 49,Focusrite Liquid Mix,Monitors ADAM-K&H,Sonar Platinum
Windows 10 SP1
Producer....more stuff in SStudio, Rome ,Italy.
kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ? 2017/12/26 08:41:00 (permalink)
Yes , I scored this deal myself right now I'm making room on one of my computers for Pro X 3 Suite ...
Ive been switching between SONAR SPlat and Samp Pro x 2 Standard for the past few years .
I'm looking forward to having and using the full on version of Samp ....

Lovely Program

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ? 2017/12/26 11:24:57 (permalink)
ProTools, Ableton and Reaper have no "incredible deals" (the last one has no deals in general).
Cubase and Mixcraft have just extended current deals watching CW situation.
Studio One has a special deal. But that is Presonus. They sell well integrated to the DAW hardware, from which I guess they get the profit. Extending the user base, even for unusual price, sounds like a profitable decision.

I mean I see the transparency in pricing from all these companies (no special interest/take some users as usual/extend potential hardware customers base).

But what about Magix? Claimed 90% (!) price drop. Not CW related. Extended the deal several times. Can someone explain the intention? I can not.

After Sonar story, I am not going to take "incredible deals". At least till the deal is transparent and/or I was seriously thinking to get the product in any case and the only stopper was the price.
I could not understand what was going on with Sonar pricing. Till the crash. Funny that that pricing over several last years make perfect sense assuming someone knew how it ends...

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
GIM Productions
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 860
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ? 2017/12/26 11:45:18 (permalink)
I have done the same question to one of the best Samp expert and he told me that Magix is looking for people to increase Samp development

Intel i7 3600,Asus Z170P,16 GIG Corsair ram,Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 i\o,Nektar Impact LX 49,Focusrite Liquid Mix,Monitors ADAM-K&H,Sonar Platinum
Windows 10 SP1
Producer....more stuff in SStudio, Rome ,Italy.
Leadfoot
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2817
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ? 2017/12/26 12:54:24 (permalink)
I figure, even if Magix goes belly up, I still scored some great software for pennies on the dollar, and it should work for a very long time on my Windows 7 computer that never gets updated.
raisindot
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 96
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ? 2017/12/26 14:19:22 (permalink)
I did the deal, mainly to get Sound Forge. But I have decided that since Samplitude was included, I'm going to make it my "backup" DAW in case Sonar ever stops working. Won't be going to Cubase or any other one. Having the Independence Library with it is a nice bonus as well, although, after nearly 5 hours of installing the thing from DVDs, I'm not overly impressed by the library. A step above Dimension Pro, perhaps, but not much higher. 

I have tried Samplitude and, frankly, I don't find it that easy. Much of the way things are set up are very confusing to me. Like having both MIDI and Audio selections on the same track, for example. I found it took forever for me to get it simply "connect" with my audio interface and record a track. 

I also find its menu system maddening. For example, click on the tab, open up a sub menu and have to carefully stay within the horizonal "row" to keep the sub-menus from disappearing. Stupid. 

But I'll keep chugging along with it. 
35mm
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1105
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ? 2017/12/26 14:28:15 (permalink)
Samplitude and Magix are not going belly up anytime soon. Magix is a huge software company in very good shape and I have heard that they have recently taken on more developers. I think Samplitude is a safer bet as any for longevity.

Splat, Win 10 64bit and all sorts of musical odds and sods collected over the years, but still missing a lot of my old analogue stuff I sold off years ago.
Bonjo
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 205
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ? 2017/12/26 15:08:49 (permalink)
I got Samp Studio 2013 in some deal or other, and it reminded me GUI-wise of the Sonar LE I got when I purchased a Roland item, I believe that Sonar LE (at that time was based on 8.5?), anyhoo, this new Samp deal was too good to pass up and so it can now sit there awaiting any demise of SPLAT. Nice.

Win10 64-bit. Intel i7QuadCore 4.20GHz. 32Gb Ram. Sonar Platinum.

anydmusic
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 251
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ? 2017/12/26 17:10:12 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby kennywtelejazz 2017/12/26 21:39:07
35mm
Samplitude and Magix are not going belly up anytime soon. Magix is a huge software company in very good shape and I have heard that they have recently taken on more developers. I think Samplitude is a safer bet as any for longevity.

I agree, Magix seem to have a well established business model that involves investing in a diversified software portfolio and exploiting the synergies between them. They do engage in heavy discounting and bundling to drive sales but this does not seem to me to be a quick cash grab instead it looks like a well executed strategy. I acquired Sound Forge as part of a budget Vegas package aimed at the consumer the same version that my son has installed to help with his studies he's upgraded once. The bundled version made me eligible for an update to the latest Sound Forge version when it came out which I paid for.

As has been pointed out plenty of companies survive with this model but they need to generate multiple small transactions and a number of larger ones. I have purchased from Magix four times now. Another thing that many have pointed out is that Cakewalk missed this trick. Adaptive Limiter would have cost $129 from Waves and we would all have waited for a $29 offer so launch with a $29 special then put the price up.

I'm sure we'll see some other companies fail at some point in the future but if you look back over the last couple of years you can see that discounts don't have to mean bankruptcy. 

Graham
Windows 10 64 bit - Intel i7-4790, 16GB, 2 x 256GB SSD
Cubase 9.5
Sonar Platinum (Rapture Pro, Z3TA 2, CA2A, plus some other bits)
Delta 24/96, UAD 1, UA25 EX, 2 x MidiSport,
IKMultiMedia - (SampleTank 3, Miroslav 2, Syntronik, TRacks 5, Modo Bass), Band In A Box, Sound Quest, VS Pro, Kinetic, Acid, Sound Forge, Jammer
Waves MaxxVolume, IR 1, Aphex Enhancer, Abbey Plates
Korg Legacy, VStation, Bass Station
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ? 2017/12/26 20:06:56 (permalink)
GIM Productions
I have done the same question to one of the best Samp expert and he told me that Magix is looking for people to increase Samp development

anydmusic
35mm

I'm sure we'll see some other companies fail at some point in the future but if you look back over the last couple of years you can see that discounts don't have to mean bankruptcy.

When someone is looking for new developers, that say nothing at all. That can be extension of the business, but that can be a problem with current team.
I agree the discounts don't have to mean bankruptcy, as long as there is an other reason for the discount. New version around the corner? Profit from extra packages?
I mean you sell something "worth $1300" for $150. If you do this without a reason, that is just stupid. If it does not really cost $1300, you try to fool someone. So you normally have a reason, but you do not want put it in public... the last seems like the case with Magix. And that is (the only) my point.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
the_user_formally_known_as_glennbo
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 317
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ? 2017/12/26 22:01:43 (permalink)
azslow3

When someone is looking for new developers, that say nothing at all. That can be extension of the business, but that can be a problem with current team.
I agree the discounts don't have to mean bankruptcy, as long as there is an other reason for the discount. New version around the corner? Profit from extra packages?
I mean you sell something "worth $1300" for $150. If you do this without a reason, that is just stupid. If it does not really cost $1300, you try to fool someone. So you normally have a reason, but you do not want put it in public... the last seems like the case with Magix. And that is (the only) my point.

For me, the biggest plus for a software developer is to still have the coders who originally wrote the code. The biggest minus would be the opposite. I was a coder at a company for 27 years, and I guarantee you that the folks who are continuing that code base are going to be much less adept at making changes, and will introduce new bugs when they do, because of the unfamiliarity how all parts of it interact with each other. Much like Cakewalk making a minor change to notation (or even something not related to notation), and screwing two or three things up in notation in the process.

Glennbo
---------------------------------------------------------
http://soundclick.com/glennbo

35mm
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ? 2017/12/27 01:34:21 (permalink)
anydmusic
35mm

I agree, Magix seem to have a well-established business model that involves investing in a diversified software portfolio and exploiting the synergies between them. They do engage in heavy discounting and bundling to drive sales but this does not seem to me to be a quick cash grab instead it looks like a well executed strategy.

This! Magix did an amazing job of picking up Sonarians without offering a deal - and a load of other DAW users too. Their marketing does seem to be pretty crap, but you have to wonder how much trade they pick up by appearing to be crap at marketing. I bet they spent their marketing bucks on putting on a deal that no one could resist. If it hadn't have been for this deal I still wouldn't be taking Samplitude seriously as I never did before, but I am now loving it!

Splat, Win 10 64bit and all sorts of musical odds and sods collected over the years, but still missing a lot of my old analogue stuff I sold off years ago.
S.L.I.P.
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 949
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ? 2017/12/27 05:53:35 (permalink)
I was so bummed when I heard of Cakewalk's demise. I have been using Sonar/Cakewalk for over 25 years. Then I purchased Samplitude, and I could not be happier. This is a very DEEP piece of kit. I thought I would just use it so I would have a fall back, but now, I just want to use it, period!
synkrotron
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5263
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ? 2017/12/27 07:23:41 (permalink)
Spent two hours on Samplitude last night.

Struggling really and I am not enjoying the experience.

Still too early yet to totally dismiss it though and I am going to create a complete piece with this DAW. Seems rude not to...

http://www.synkrotron.co.uk/
Intel Core™i7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache | Intel HM77 Express Chipset | 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM | 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Roland OCTA-CAPTURE | SONAR Platinum ∞ FFS| Too many VSTi's to list here | KRK KNS-8400 Headphones | Roland JP-8000 | Oberheim OB12 | Novation Nova | Gibson SG Special | PRS Studio
35mm
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ? 2017/12/27 14:11:28 (permalink)
synkrotron
Spent two hours on Samplitude last night.

Struggling really and I am not enjoying the experience.

Still too early yet to totally dismiss it though and I am going to create a complete piece with this DAW. Seems rude not to...

I found getting into a complete project in Samplitude was a good way to learn it. Also, check out Kraznet's channel on Youtube. If you are struggling with something specific you should get help at the forum as it's a friendly place and there are people there who know it inside out.

35mm
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ? 2017/12/27 14:26:16 (permalink)
azslow3
GIM Productions

anydmusic
35mm

When I say they have recently taken on more developers, I mean in addition to the current dev team, so an expansion. According to some longtime users, there have been more new features added, bug fixes and releases recently than in the past which means development has been stepped up. This is for both Samplitude and Sequoia which have the same code base.

Their crazy deal makes sense and is a good strategy. While it may look like they are making a huge loss from it, they are probably getting a much better ROI than if they did a huge marketing campaign. This way word of mouth does the marketing for them and they get lots of new users tied into their product. This isn't the first crazy deal they have done.

Magix has spread its self through the major creative market - graphics, video and audio/music. Samplitude and Sequoia are the feathers in its cap and I can't see them ditching either of those. They are currently developing major updates to the software they recently acquired from Sony - Sound Forge, Vegas etc. and as a company, Magix looks very strong.

AT
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10654
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ? 2017/12/27 15:34:02 (permalink)
I bought Vegas at $150 or so last year since it was such a great deal to update from my Vegas 7.  A few months later they came out w/ Vegas 15 for another $150.  There really wasn't any feature worth the money.  That is how they plan on making money, tho not from me. 

Another reason I got the Samp deal was for SF - I've got an old version of it and wanted to be sure it would continue to work in Win 10.  And I got Samplitude as a back up DAW. What a deal.  I expect Magix will "update" those too as they get their programming feet wet w/ those apps.  Again, I have no plans on upgrading but I bet a bunch of users will.  That is how they plan on making money.  When they have features worth updating for, I'll pay. 
synkrotron
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5263
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ? 2017/12/27 20:33:20 (permalink)
35mm
I found getting into a complete project in Samplitude was a good way to learn it. Also, check out Kraznet's channel on Youtube. If you are struggling with something specific you should get help at the forum as it's a friendly place and there are people there who know it inside out.

Thanks, yeah, I definitely need more help than just the manual. I'm not at home at the moment and my studio is mobile but that means that although I can access the internet I can't stream stuff.

I think I will leave it until I return to base...

http://www.synkrotron.co.uk/
Intel Core™i7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache | Intel HM77 Express Chipset | 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM | 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Roland OCTA-CAPTURE | SONAR Platinum ∞ FFS| Too many VSTi's to list here | KRK KNS-8400 Headphones | Roland JP-8000 | Oberheim OB12 | Novation Nova | Gibson SG Special | PRS Studio
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Insane Magix deal for Samplitude ProX3 Suiite - WHAT COULD PROBABLY GO WRONG ? 2017/12/27 22:34:44 (permalink)
Frank Harvey
Should I be concerned at the 'ROCK BOTTOM AND BELOW' Samplitude  price offerings being presented in recent days? ......not just  SAMPLITUDE but by many DAWS ?

Why? By this logic, Waves should have gone out of business years ago. FWIW, MAGIX has done this type of sale several times over the years. Other DAW manufacturers do too.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1