Helpful ReplyPreposterous deal on REAPER for users of Windows or Mac or even Linux computers!!!

Author
the_user_formally_known_as_glennbo
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 317
2017/12/27 20:12:31 (permalink)

Preposterous deal on REAPER for users of Windows or Mac or even Linux computers!!!

For a limited time only, "now until much later", users of COMPUTERS running Windows, OSX, or even Linux (with limited compatibility of VST/VSTi plugins in native Linux version), can now get this PREPOSTEROUS deal on REAPER, for an introductory price of ONLY $60!!! (if gross revenue using it does not exceed USD $20,000) or $225 if grossing more than $20,000. Buy it here before this deal expires!!!

https://www.reaper.fm/purchase.php

Glennbo
---------------------------------------------------------
http://soundclick.com/glennbo

synkrotron
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5263
Re: Preposterous deal on REAPER for users of Windows or Mac or even Linux computers!!! 2017/12/27 20:25:10 (permalink)
Cool

http://www.synkrotron.co.uk/
Intel Core™i7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache | Intel HM77 Express Chipset | 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM | 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Roland OCTA-CAPTURE | SONAR Platinum ∞ FFS| Too many VSTi's to list here | KRK KNS-8400 Headphones | Roland JP-8000 | Oberheim OB12 | Novation Nova | Gibson SG Special | PRS Studio
emwhy
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1402
Re: Preposterous deal on REAPER for users of Windows or Mac or even Linux computers!!! 2017/12/27 20:29:51 (permalink)
Lol.....it's been that way for years and odds are it will never expire. And at $60 you can't go, wrong. I'm loving that program, it needs a few more subtle features like ARA and maybe a dedicated smart tool, but it's powerful as hell.

Re: Preposterous deal on REAPER for users of Windows or Mac or even Linux computers!!! 2017/12/27 20:53:13 (permalink)
emwhy
Lol.....it's been that way for years and odds are it will never expire. And at $60 you can't go, wrong. I'm loving that program, it needs a few more subtle features like ARA and maybe a dedicated smart tool, but it's powerful as hell.

ARA2 support is right around the corner and will be implemented in REAPER before or at the same time as it becomes available in Melodyne.  Preview screen shot from Schwa.

Glennbo

azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Preposterous deal on REAPER for users of Windows or Mac or even Linux computers!!! 2017/12/27 20:55:06 (permalink)
Bad marketing... Cockos should learn how to do this from Magix.
Put $2000 on the front page, fuLock for additional $50. And include 150TB of some WAVs into download.
The rest is not so important, can be Reaver v4  32bit only. And since the audience here are Sonar users, there must be a special version with 500+ bugs added, also something should slow down Reaper startup by a factor of 5-10 and other operations with at least factor 2.
Fast, small and not buggy program can not be perceived as serious on the DAW market

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
Re: Preposterous deal on REAPER for users of Windows or Mac or even Linux computers!!! 2017/12/27 21:13:25 (permalink)
azslow3
Put $2000 on the front page, fuLock for additional $50. And include 150TB of some WAVs into download.
The rest is not so important, can be Reaver v4  32bit only. And since the audience here are Sonar users, there must be a special version with 500+ bugs added, also something should slow down Reaper startup by a factor of 5-10 and other operations with at least factor 2.
Fast, small and not buggy program can not be perceived as serious on the DAW market

For only $100,000.00 you get REAPER, and a ***FREE*** Corvette Z06!!!!!! Your copy of REAPER will come on a USB Flash Drive, and will be sitting shotgun in your brand new 2018 Chevrolet Corvette, as you race home to install it!!!

Yeah, REAPER is NOT really about DEELS. It's about a rock solid race car DAW that doesn't get marketed in bundles, or include Terabytes of stuff to fill your hard drive up.

Glennbo

michael diemer
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1128
Re: Preposterous deal on REAPER for users of Windows or Mac or even Linux computers!!! 2017/12/28 00:59:21 (permalink)
I think Reaper has a great future, provided Justin and Schwa don't get bored and decide to do something else. It continually improves in response to users' input. You mentioned Linux, if they pull that off it will be impressive indeed. I'm talking about full equality here with Windows and OS. That's it's a tall order, even for those guys, who are as good as it gets. I would love to ditch Windows and work exclusively in Linux. I only use windows for music at this point, everything else is Linux. But I need to be able to use my sound libraries. There are no Linux equivalents to Cinematic Strings, EWSO, etc. 

I started using Reaper about a year and a half ago, because 8.5 Producer wasn't working right. Actually it never did, I must have got a bad install DVD. But when the news about Cakewalk hit, I wanted to make sure I had a good working version of Sonar, so I installed 8.5 Studio, which works fine, and I still have all the features I need. And now that I'm working again in Sonar, I realize it is more intuitive for me. I'll probably go back and forth, eventually settling on Reaper, as Sonar's useful life span is limited at this point. somewhere along the way, Reaper will evolve into just what I need. If not, I'll see if I can adapt it better so my workflow is smoother.

michael diemer
Intel Quad Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge
32 GB ram
1TB Western Digital Black X2
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64
UR22 interface
Bandlab Cakewalk/Sonar 8.5 Studio
GPO-EWQLSO Gold-Vienna SP ED-Cinematic Strings 2

subtlearts
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2200
Re: Preposterous deal on REAPER for users of Windows or Mac or even Linux computers!!! 2017/12/28 01:00:08 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jyoung60 2017/12/28 01:17:59
Love this thread. Yeah it's one of the things (from a fairly long list) that led me to finally realize it's the right Daw for me to transition to at this point. I like that they don't give a crap about marketing, or special crossgrade offers, or Insane Deals, or mountains of bundled content. I like that they are confident enough in their product to say hey, here it is, we think it's awesome and fairly priced, check it out as long as you want, we figure you'll think it's awesome too... eventually... Well, I did anyway.

I think the fact that they don't bother with all that other stuff at all is directly related to how fast they can move on the stuff that matters. I wish more companies would operate that way.

tobias tinker 
music is easy: just start with complete silence, and take away the parts you don't like!
tobiastinker.com
aeosrecords.com
soundfascination.com
Sonar Platinum, a bunch of other stuff...
35mm
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1105
Re: Preposterous deal on REAPER for users of Windows or Mac or even Linux computers!!! 2017/12/28 01:25:52 (permalink)
azslow3

ha ha ha Azlow, love it!

Splat, Win 10 64bit and all sorts of musical odds and sods collected over the years, but still missing a lot of my old analogue stuff I sold off years ago.
stevee9c6
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 464
Re: Preposterous deal on REAPER for users of Windows or Mac or even Linux computers!!! 2017/12/28 01:34:51 (permalink)
Personally, I love the Abby Road appearance template.

Steve 
www.stevestallingsmusic.com
Re: Preposterous deal on REAPER for users of Windows or Mac or even Linux computers!!! 2017/12/28 18:32:41 (permalink)
subtlearts
Love this thread. Yeah it's one of the things (from a fairly long list) that led me to finally realize it's the right Daw for me to transition to at this point. I like that they don't give a crap about marketing, or special crossgrade offers, or Insane Deals, or mountains of bundled content. I like that they are confident enough in their product to say hey, here it is, we think it's awesome and fairly priced, check it out as long as you want, we figure you'll think it's awesome too... eventually... Well, I did anyway.

I think the fact that they don't bother with all that other stuff at all is directly related to how fast they can move on the stuff that matters. I wish more companies would operate that way.

The bundling of things was one of the reasons I moved away from Sonar. When hard drive space was still at a premium, I remember installing Sonar 3, which was the first one to have a DVD in the box, and having to remove stuff I liked from my hard drive, to make the required space available that the installer said I needed.

After the installation, I found that I had a ton of crap that I neither wanted nor needed on my HD, and was not real happy about it. Add to that, one of the bugs I had made Cake aware of, but never could find a recipe to create on demand, happened to me within a few days. I remember thinking that they should concentrate on the DAW, and not be creating new snazzy named plugins, and globbing on tons of junk just so they could say, "includes over 500 jigabytes of content".

Reminds me of the Ginsu knives commercials. How much would you pay for this lovely DAW software?
Don't answer!
You also get a 5 petabytes set of urban street beet loopz and 50 FX with names that all end with the number 64!!!
NOW how much would you pay???

I was instantly wowed by the business model that REAPER was founded on, and then later I found out that it was from the same software coder and same business model who made Winamp, which I STILL use on a daily basis!

Just moments ago I played a few songs that a friend of mine, who actually wrote the book on how to use the E-Bow and demos it at all the NAMM shows, sent me. Hehe, one of the file he sent me was an E-Bow Concerto with ten tracks of E-Bow guitars. Anyway, REAPER is all about the core DAW, and nothing about snazzy plugins, loopz, beetz, 3rd party content, high paid marketing departments, ETC.

The guy who originally coded REAPER 12 years ago in 2005 is still coding it, and one of the reasons they are so agile at implementing new features. He knows the code inside and out, and frequently makes BIG changes in days or weeks, where other software developers take months, years, or just string their gullible customer base on indefinitely,  knowing all they need to say is "notation is not dead, we are still looking into that" after ten years of complete inaction.

Glennbo

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1