Helpful ReplyRegret

Author
FreeEarCandy
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 181
2017/12/31 22:32:58 (permalink)

Regret

Well its that time of the year to leave our regrets behind. The last track from the FreeEarCandy 2017 Collection. This one has a sweet beginning and an exciting ending. In light of the fact there are only 4 published tracks in the FEC 2017 Collection my regret is there wasn't more.

Happy New Year!

https://soundcloud.com/user-381818354/regret-fec2

!!!))) @(~..~)@ (((!!!
***FreeEarCandy***
jmasno5
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 453
Re: Regret 2018/01/01 06:36:38 (permalink)
Cool tune.  Really like the instrumentation.  Happy New Year!

John Masarone - J Mas No. 5
jmasno5.com
broadjam.com/jmasno5
masarone.bandcamp.com
SoundCloud Set List
Intel i5, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 64bit, Scarlett 18i20
Sonar Home Studio 4 & 7, Studio 8.5, Producer X1, X2, X3, Platinum and now... Cakewalk by BL and Studio One!
jamesg1213
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: Regret 2018/01/01 16:43:20 (permalink)
I like it, some unexpected chord changes in this. The top line guitar is very brittle sounding. Quite a surprise when the vocals came in, I was settled in for an instrumental!

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
Wayfarer
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 831
Re: Regret 2018/01/02 13:27:40 (permalink)
I really like the tune and that solo. In fact, I think the tune might be better as an instrumental.
DannyDee
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 71
Re: Regret 2018/01/03 17:46:26 (permalink)
like the music
dougk1824
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 272
Re: Regret 2018/01/04 18:00:16 (permalink)
It's a cool tune but I wish I could have heard the lead vocal a bit more - I had trouble hearing the lyrics.
biodiode
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1202
Re: Regret 2018/01/04 18:06:26 (permalink)
Cool track. Holds well together and sounds straight outta a concept album. Good stuff.

www.biodiode.com  
https://soundcloud.com/biodiode
PC Specs :-Sonar Platinum,
Fractal Design Define R4 Case, Asus X-99 Deluxe motherboard, Intel Core i7 5960X Processor, Bequiet BK010 Dark Rock Cooler, 32GB - 2400mhz Corsair memory, 650W Bequiet Dark Pro PSU, 1GB XFX Radeon R5 Passive GFX, 2 x 256GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD, 1 x 3TB WesterDigital Black HDD, LG - BluRay Combo Drive, Windows 10, Kensington SlimBlade Trackball, LG34UM88C 34-Inch 3440 x 1440 UltraWide IPS Monitor
thepogue
Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2458
Re: Regret 2018/01/07 14:29:38 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby FreeEarCandy 2018/01/22 07:09:46
oh yea...I really liked this tune...great bite at the end...with my producers hat on I would say the into was a bit too long and left me leaning forward waiting for something else to happen...and I'd might look at the main vox reverb and tweak that a bit...but overall I really really enjoyed this floydish feeling tune.

Good job!!
FreeEarCandy
Re: Regret 2018/01/09 00:20:23 (permalink)

Seems my notifications are not working and I wasn't able to respond to every one here in a timely manner. If ever there was a tune to ask for your pardon, I guess it is this one. Happy New Year everyone! 

jmasno5
Cool tune.  Really like the instrumentation.  Happy New Year

Thank you much and I'm pleased you like the track. 

jamesg1213
I like it, some unexpected chord changes in this. The top line guitar is very brittle sounding. Quite a surprise when the vocals came in, I was settled in for an instrumental!

I played this on my 1993-94 Jackson Dinky Dx Pro. It has a Rosewood neck and very wore out frets, but the pickups are killer and I know the feel of this guitar like the back of my hand. I think the pickups tend to pull out a lot of squealing tones and perhaps that "brittle" tone you are referring to. I have a lot of fun with my intros and when I find a hook I like its sort of hard to let go of them and move on. Its not the first time someone had the same impression as you concerning the instrumental feel at the beginning. I like surprising people-even myself. :) Thank you!

Wayfarer
I really like the tune and that solo. In fact, I think the tune might be better as an instrumental.

Glad you like the tune! I haven't touched an electric guitar too much lately and decided I needed to get back into shape. They say if you don't use it you loose it. Now there have been some neighbors along the way that may have wished I would not use it and loose it and move somewhere else, but like myself, some wishes come true and others do not. :) As far as scraping the vocals and going full blown instrumental, I almost did, but I had some time on my hands and got pulled into playing with all the opportunities the tune offered for a vocal track. I think most people who have from time to time heard the stuff I've done sort of expect the vocals . I could be wrong. Well anyway thank you!

DannyDee
like the music

That's a beautiful thing to hear and I thank you and appreciate the nice comment! :)

dougk1824
It's a cool tune but I wish I could have heard the lead vocal a bit more - I had trouble hearing the lyrics.

So glad you like the tune but disappointed you couldn't hear the words too good. Its important to know what you are hearing and not hearing on your end, so I thank you for letting me know you had difficulty. Do you think the problem is in low level or is that the vocals are seemingly placed too far to the back of center? 

biodiode
Cool track. Holds well together and sounds straight outta a concept album. Good stuff.

They do sound like they could be from a concept album, but frankly I pull these rabbits out of hat like Bullwinkle and I really don't have any idea where I'll end up. But I have no doubt one could sit back at any body of work and come up with something like a concept album. I do come from the era of rock opera's so there is somewhat of an influence in that direction. I've listened to a lot of stuff over the years that still rings in my head. Thank you so much for the thumbs up!

thepogue
oh yea...I really liked this tune...great bite at the end...with my producers hat on I would say the into was a bit too long and left me leaning forward waiting for something else to happen...and I'd might look at the main vox reverb and tweak that a bit...but overall I really really enjoyed this floydish feeling tune.

Good job!!

Much appreciated! Yes, you are not the first to say the intro is too long, so that impression is more than likely something I will have to keep in mind. As for the vocal reverb I suppose you are suggesting a little less? Perhaps a little less to make the lyrics easier to hear? In any event I thank you very much for putting on your producers hat and sharing your thoughts and helpful ideas. It is a help!

!!!))) @(~..~)@ (((!!!
***FreeEarCandy***
thepogue
Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2458
Re: Regret 2018/01/09 18:01:46 (permalink)
Yes...I was thinking that might help lift them off the page a bit....
FreeEarCandy

Seems my notifications are not working and I wasn't able to respond to every one here in a timely manner. If ever there was a tune to ask for your pardon, I guess it is this one. Happy New Year everyone! 

jmasno5
Cool tune.  Really like the instrumentation.  Happy New Year

Thank you much and I'm pleased you like the track. 

jamesg1213

I played this on my 1993-94 Jackson Dinky Dx Pro. It has a Rosewood neck and very wore out frets, but the pickups are killer and I know the feel of this guitar like the back of my hand. I think the pickups tend to pull out a lot of squealing tones and perhaps that "brittle" tone you are referring to. I have a lot of fun with my intros and when I find a hook I like its sort of hard to let go of them and move on. Its not the first time someone had the same impression as you concerning the instrumental feel at the beginning. I like surprising people-even myself. :) Thank you!

Wayfarer

Glad you like the tune! I haven't touched an electric guitar too much lately and decided I needed to get back into shape. They say if you don't use it you loose it. Now there have been some neighbors along the way that may have wished I would not use it and loose it and move somewhere else, but like myself, some wishes come true and others do not. :) As far as scraping the vocals and going full blown instrumental, I almost did, but I had some time on my hands and got pulled into playing with all the opportunities the tune offered for a vocal track. I think most people who have from time to time heard the stuff I've done sort of expect the vocals . I could be wrong. Well anyway thank you!

DannyDee
like the music

That's a beautiful thing to hear and I thank you and appreciate the nice comment! :)

dougk1824

So glad you like the tune but disappointed you couldn't hear the words too good. Its important to know what you are hearing and not hearing on your end, so I thank you for letting me know you had difficulty. Do you think the problem is in low level or is that the vocals are seemingly placed too far to the back of center? 

biodiode

They do sound like they could be from a concept album, but frankly I pull these rabbits out of hat like Bullwinkle and I really don't have any idea where I'll end up. But I have no doubt one could sit back at any body of work and come up with something like a concept album. I do come from the era of rock opera's so there is somewhat of an influence in that direction. I've listened to a lot of stuff over the years that still rings in my head. Thank you so much for the thumbs up!

thepogue

Good job!!

Much appreciated! Yes, you are not the first to say the intro is too long, so that impression is more than likely something I will have to keep in mind. As for the vocal reverb I suppose you are suggesting a little less? Perhaps a little less to make the lyrics easier to hear? In any event I thank you very much for putting on your producers hat and sharing your thoughts and helpful ideas. It is a help!

Makke
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 617
Re: Regret 2018/01/10 15:56:24 (permalink)
Nice rock song. Good arrangement and sounds.

My english  is not very good. So please, forgive me for my short posts. 

BullHill Sounds

Sonar  /  Roland Quad-Capture interface
stevec
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: Regret 2018/01/19 20:42:00 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby FreeEarCandy 2018/01/22 07:10:18
Cool song...   Certainly not the "norm", but that's one reason I liked it.   Interesting chord changes and arrangement, and little bits coming and out.   For the vocals, for me they sound a little "blanketed" which does make it more difficult to catch enunciation.    But overall it was an easy listen for me and kept me hooked in until the end.

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

FreeEarCandy
Re: Regret 2018/01/21 07:14:24 (permalink)
Makke
Nice rock song. Good arrangement and sounds.

Thank you!

stevec
Cool song...   Certainly not the "norm", but that's one reason I liked it.   Interesting chord changes and arrangement, and little bits coming and out.   For the vocals, for me they sound a little "blanketed" which does make it more difficult to catch enunciation.    But overall it was an easy listen for me and kept me hooked in until the end.

Glad you like the tune and letting me know how the sound came across on your end. I do keep the feed back in my mind when I work on new stuff and it does helped. Much appreciated!

!!!))) @(~..~)@ (((!!!
***FreeEarCandy***
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1