Universal Audio Satellite USB - Opinions and Stability Questions

Author
Genghis
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 827
2018/01/02 20:36:32 (permalink)

Universal Audio Satellite USB - Opinions and Stability Questions

Hey everyone,

I jumped off of the UA platform about 2-3 years ago when my PCIe card was having some small inconsistency issues with my PC.  I have migrated over to few decent native plug-ins, most notably the Slate stuff, Melda and some of the FabFilter stuff, with a handful of Waves as well.

I've been considering maybe picking up a UAD Satellite USB Octo, but I have two concerns:
  1. How does that particular unit perform with your DAW?  I've migrated over to Studio One for the most part, but I have a few others installed that I play around with, I guess in case I ever have to switch. Samplitude, Reaper, Harrison Mixbus 32C.  Any stability concerns I should know about?
  2. I think maybe I could be just romancing the memory of what I used to do with the UAD stuff when I was using it before.  I mean that Slate Distressor plugin really works great for a lot of tracks I'm using.  It's also got some great sounding preamp modules and EQs, and the Tape sim, etc.  And I recently found a Pultec freebie that sounds pretty nice.  Would UAD really give me anything I don't already have?
Well, even though I started migrating well before the announcement, this is still my favorite forum, so I figured I'd post the question here first.  Might bring it over to the Beyond Cakewalk forum as well.
Thanks!

They call 'em fingers, but I've never seen 'em fing. 
My Music is Here
Studio Cat DAW

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1