What will work outside Sonar without going through the centre

Author
igiwigi
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 437
2018/01/07 16:19:59 (permalink)

What will work outside Sonar without going through the centre

Hi

I do not know whether this has been asked ,but I would love the Lp Eq and multiband to load and work independantly of Sonar Platinum and dimension pro.
All of the things that go Into Sonar all have their logo on the exe files, so you cannot enter serials and have them work on their own.They have got them all secured even against us who payed for them.Someone up there In Gibson is still drinking Champagne.
Seeing as Sonar has gone to the wall ,they really owe us some things from this program as us lifers have paid a lot of money.

I also think that Cubase and others are in on the deal pinching technology or paying behind the scenes for certain things.
Why cannot Cakewalk give us all the plain exe files for all vst's --- Someone or company has paid to stop It happening I bet.

Anyway enough of the conspiricies, we are the losers here

3 Replies Related Threads

CakeAlexSHere
    Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 577
    Re: What will work outside Sonar without going through the centre 2018/01/07 16:37:24 (permalink)
    They are only going to work inside Platinum anyway and not other DAWs.

I was banging on a long long time ago that the installer components needed to be split up into more packages, little if anything changed (got worse perhaps).
    azslow3
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3297
    Re: What will work outside Sonar without going through the centre 2018/01/07 16:45:35 (permalink)
    BT modules (Sonar edition) and TruePianos (Sonar edition) are locked. But you can buy full versions.
    Not sure about RapturePro Sonar edition (full version is not locked, but there is no way to upgrade for those who do not have it already).

Overloud and AAS modules are locked, but you can get unlocked versions for free (see Software board).

ProChannel, DrumReplacer, VocalSync and Adaptive Limiter are Sonar specific, so they can not work outside it (for the last one I do not know why).

EVERYTHING ELSE in Sonar bundle is not locked. F.e. you can use LP plug-ins in other DAWs.

For DimPro and Z3TA(2), just take versions prior 2015. They was working without CCC.

RapturePro and LP plug-ins use on-line authorization. But CW has promised to release un-locker in case authorization servers are decommissioned.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
    GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
    RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    Cactus Music
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: What will work outside Sonar without going through the centre 2018/01/07 17:26:40 (permalink)
    You know the easiest way to find out is to open another DAW, scan all your plug in folders and see what is there. You'd be surprised at what is. 
    And pay attention especially the software forum as a few companies like Overloud had offered to unlock their products free. Others are offering deals... so pay attention. That's what this forum is for. 

So to anybody who has not even ever been to our wonderful Software forum - please do yourself a big favour and spend some time digging around. It could save you a lot of money. And especially if your shopping for another DAW... never in the history of this forum has the topic been discussed in depth like right now. 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1