Helpful ReplyXLN Audio Addictive Drums 2 Solo

Author
MMontgomery
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 29
2018/01/17 17:09:07 (permalink)

XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2 Solo

Hi,  having installed XLN Audio Addictive Drums2 Solo via CC, and using XLN installer, the plugin appears to have no default or obvious "starter kit". I tried the online XLN installer, and VST2 appears to be there, but selecting it in a track via insert Soft Synth/Drums, I get it loading but every bit of kit says "not installed" or "no Licence.  I am new to DAW and working with Plugins, so am I missing the obvious? Although it says "Includes Addictive Drums 2 engine and 1 ADpak" I don't see any option to get a kit loaded.  
Thanks 
Mal 
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2 Solo 2018/01/17 19:00:35 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MMontgomery 2018/01/18 11:36:35
You need to use the product key shown in the Command Center or your Cakewalk account to redeem a drum kit, midi pack and kit piece. This may be done in the installer or on their website. Once redeemed, install the products selected.
abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2 Solo 2018/01/17 20:46:39 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MMontgomery 2018/01/18 11:36:29
The easiest way is to open the XLN Online Installer and click on the 'Register Product' button on the top bar.  There is an option available there to register your product key.   Just follow the prompts and XLN should authorize and automatically install everything you own.

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
MMontgomery
Re: XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2 Solo 2018/01/18 11:36:16 (permalink)
Thanks for the advice. I have followed the instructions and still can't load a basic or default drum kit. Looks like my only options are being prompted to purchased drums to create a kit? I'll review the online loader once again this evening and see if there's anything I'm missing in the instructions. The only thing I'm seeing there is my Addictive Keys and the two promo addons for Drums2 Solo .... but no indication that the Drums2 Solo is there, ie as a program in itself. Even through CC the reinstall directs you to XLN to do the install?  
jamesg1213
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2 Solo 2018/01/18 12:16:48 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MMontgomery 2018/01/18 14:17:48
You should have the 'Studio Rock' kit included.

By the way, just had an email from XLN, 50% off all MIDI packs at the moment.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
abacab
Re: XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2 Solo 2018/01/18 15:51:34 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MMontgomery 2018/01/18 16:36:08
MMontgomery
Thanks for the advice. I have followed the instructions and still can't load a basic or default drum kit. Looks like my only options are being prompted to purchased drums to create a kit? I'll review the online loader once again this evening and see if there's anything I'm missing in the instructions. The only thing I'm seeing there is my Addictive Keys and the two promo addons for Drums2 Solo .... but no indication that the Drums2 Solo is there, ie as a program in itself. Even through CC the reinstall directs you to XLN to do the install?  

Did you enter the code for the AD2 product into the registration form in the XLN tool?  If so, and it is still missing from your inventory there, you may need to try their website or contact XLN support.

MMontgomery
Re: XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2 Solo 2018/01/18 16:36:04 (permalink)
Thanks for the help. I uninstalled all my XLN stuff and tried fresh new installs. Addictive Keys and Drums all there now and my problem is when registering products I have, I'm now told the codes have been used. Although products held in account should be okay to reauthorize, I'm having no joy. So the next move, contacting XLN support. 
abacab
Re: XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2 Solo 2018/01/18 17:30:54 (permalink)
MMontgomery
Thanks for the help. I uninstalled all my XLN stuff and tried fresh new installs. Addictive Keys and Drums all there now and my problem is when registering products I have, I'm now told the codes have been used. Although products held in account should be okay to reauthorize, I'm having no joy. So the next move, contacting XLN support. 

If you log in to your XLN account on their website, go to 'My Account > 'My Computers'.

There you will see your currently activated devices.  Each one has a 'Remove' button, so you can remove the authorization from one or more computers.  You probably just need to free up one activation, since I assume you should have two available.  I'm showing my desktop and laptop both activated, thus resulting in the max allowed active computers.  So to move to a new computer, just remove one, and re-run the XLN installer.

MMontgomery
Re: XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2 Solo 2018/01/18 21:16:38 (permalink)
abacab
MMontgomery

If you log in to your XLN account on their website, go to 'My Account > 'My Computers'.

There you will see your currently activated devices.  Each one has a 'Remove' button, so you can remove the authorization from one or more computers.  You probably just need to free up one activation, since I assume you should have two available.  I'm showing my desktop and laptop both activated, thus resulting in the max allowed active computers.  So to move to a new computer, just remove one, and re-run the XLN installer.

Thanks, it was indeed an issue with the original install on a laptop I no longer use. The issue has been resolved, so thanks to all for the advice, very much appreciated.

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1