Clips change to multi and act wierd

Author
tdf
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19
2018/01/24 22:10:37 (permalink)

Clips change to multi and act wierd

I posted before but didnt get any replies, this is still going on. So Im working on an audio track and want to copy a part to another part of the song, so split, copy and paste it to the new spot, which is beside another clip, and sometimes if my aim is off a little, when the clips touch, the pasted one will change to say "multi" in several places in the clip properties, so the start time and length for example now say "multi" not numbers. If I try to move the one I copied to where I actually wanted it, which was not to be overlapping the clip before it, but it did by a little, now the copied clip will take some of the clip it had overlapped a small amount with it when I attempt to drag it where I meant it to go. So the copied clip now has the overlapping part of the clip from beside it attached. I cant get them apart. So I have to undo back to before the split, and then put the part I want to copy into another track so it dosent touch any other clips so basically I have 2 tracks going for the one track it should be if the clips didnt do this multi stuff. I cant find any relevant info in the splat reference materials. It dosent happen all the time so I dont use the workaround until I see its happening, Thanks if you have any ideas about this, treesha

4 Replies Related Threads

Zargg
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10666
    Re: Clips change to multi and act wierd 2018/01/24 22:25:37 (permalink)
    Hi. If the clips overlap, they will (if both selected) show as multi, as there are multiple clips.
    Perhaps use take lanes for the overlaps?
    All the best.

Ken Nilsen
    Zargg
    BBZ
    Win 10 Pro X64, Cakewalk by Bandlab, SPlat X64, AMD AM3+ fx-8320, 16Gb RAM, RME Ucx (+ ARC), Tascam FW 1884, M-Audio Keystation 61es, *AKAI MPK Pro 25, *Softube Console1, Alesis DM6 USB, Maschine MkII
    Laptop setup: Win 10 X64, i5 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 320gb 7200 RPM HD, Focusrite Solo, + *

azslow3
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3297
    Re: Clips change to multi and act wierd 2018/01/25 00:05:44 (permalink)
    I am not an expert in that... but:
    1) how you can "aim off" ? With snap (including all types of marks), aiming is normally "perfect" (till Snap to Nearest Audio Zero Crossings interfere with that)
    2) which Editing "what to do with existing material" setting you use? The last one is sometimes "unpredictable".

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
    GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
    RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    marled
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 251
    Re: Clips change to multi and act wierd 2018/01/25 17:40:11 (permalink)
    I've had also sometimes those "weird" multi's when I was copy-pasting clips (in lanes). But when I cancelled all selections (Ctrl+Shift-A) and reselected the clip I wanted, the spook was over.

... many years before ...
    tdf
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 19
    Re: Clips change to multi and act wierd 2018/01/27 21:01:18 (permalink)
    Thanks for the replies. Zargg, marled, it seems to make no difference if the clips that become "multi" are selected or not. Once they become the fraken-clip they stay that way and just have to be deleted and I go back to before they did this. Azslow3, I am using the blend setting. I guess my aim is sometimes off because I am trying a piece of a clip that Im not sure exactly where I want to end up, or experimenting in a way that dosent line up exactly with a snap setting or a marker etc. Sometimes I have snap off temporarily anyway if I am splitting the clip in a not-snap-aligned  place to get what I want. Then I copy and paste the odd bit, and then it goes to "multi" with any clip it touches. Been playing around with this some more and I cant find any way it dosent occur if two clips touch at all, or setting involving this to change. Tried with my own clips and samples that came with splat. I made no changes to my always offline music only computer for many months before this started. It wouldnt be so bad if the 2nd clip didnt kidnap part of the 1st clip at their overlap, that makes it impossible to do anything with cause its not even the clip it was to begin with. And start times are gone as are other properties, all saying "multi". I cant imagine clips are supposed to do this. Thanks, treesha
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1