Sonar LE won't open.

Author
Khasmir
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2018/01/26 21:42:07 (permalink)

Sonar LE won't open.

Recently I was forced to accept the Windows 10 Fall Creators Edition version 1709. Previously, Sonar LE was running flawlessly with version 1703. I could uninstall the new version and go back to work,
but only if I left my computer powered on. This worked for a while. 

Whenever I turn my computer off however, I end up getting stuck in a loop that will not allow Windows to startup at all. If I boot from a flash drive sometimes it starts, sometimes not. The fix is IN the update.

So here I am without my software. I need it. My whole artistic process revolves around this tool for charting and transcribing.

I have tried a ton of fixes including reinstalling but I can't figure out what to do.

HERE'S WHAT HAPPENS, THE SONAR SPLASH COMES ON THE SCREEN THEN GOES AWAY, THE AUDIO DRIVER LOADS WITH A WINDOWS INSTALLER GRAPHIC, A SIMILAR GRAPHIC POPS UP THAT SAYS, 'PREPARING TO INSTALL' AND THEN NOTHING.
TASK MANAGER SHOWS NO ACTIVITY FOR THE SONARLE.EXE AND THE ONLY WAY TO STOP THE PROCESS IS TO END IT INSIDE TASK MANAGER.

I tried to install some other software, too and it does the same thing.

System:

AMD FX4300 Quad Core 3.8 GHz
16GB Ram
64 bit OS

3 Replies Related Threads

slartabartfast
    Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5289
    Re: Sonar LE won't open. 2018/01/26 22:21:05 (permalink)
    So it sounds like this is a general Windows problem, since it affects other software as well. If you have a restore point available, that would be a quick fix/test to confirm that it is due to an update issue. If you do not have a restore point then you probably should enable restore points, since that is an option in Windows 10, rather than default behavior, which may prove useful in future. AMD systems have had problems with the first version of the Meltdown fix, which may be an issue.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-meltdown-spectre-patch-new-updates-bring-fix-for-unbootable-amd-pcs/
    https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-restore-windows-10

Khasmir
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Sonar LE won't open. 2018/01/27 00:52:13 (permalink)
    thanks slartabartfast,
    I was able to uninstall the 1709 update just fine. The problems is that windows won't let me keep the version 1703 going because its vulnerable. For Windows Home Edition, updates are mandatory, I can postpone only once. I could just keep the old version running 24/7 but then I can't get online because as soon as I do... it starts downloading the updates.
    I am hoping to hear from someone that has fixed this same problem already. 
    promidi
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1220
    Re: Sonar LE won't open. 2018/01/27 10:37:03 (permalink)
    What audio interface do you have.  Have you gone to the manufacturer's website to make sure you are using the latest driver for your Audio interface?

Is there anything in your event viewer that may give a clue as to what is going on?

Windows 10 64bit fully patched, 16 gig ram . 
    PCR-800 Controller.  (Working in Win 10 1809 64bit)
    CPU: i5 4670. 
    Video: Nvidia GTX560ti (latest drivers).
    Audio IF: Focusrite 2i2 2nd Gen

Internet always on.

Software
    : Cakewalk by Bandlab (2018.09 B29)
    ASIO mode. 24bit 48khz 256 samples 
    Rapture Pro, AAS GS2, VS-3, EP-4, VA-2, Chromophone 2, Z3TA+ 2, Addictive drums 2, Addictive Keys, Mpowersynth (latest), Iris 2, GPO5, Sampletank 3,
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1