Helpful ReplyIs there a DAW as good as Sonar?

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
phillebong
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Is there a DAW as good as Sonar? 2018/02/23 10:17:03 (permalink)
Just been taken over.
the_user_formally_known_as_glennbo
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 317
Re: Is there a DAW as good as Sonar? 2018/02/24 22:23:00 (permalink)
sharke
Jim Roseberry
sharke
I can imagine that Justin is selling a lot of licenses at $60 a pop. Even if he's only selling 10 a day, that's $4200 in revenue a week, more than enough to sustain a comfortable lifestyle if your overheads are low (and as far as I'm aware he's not shipping out boxed copies or spending a ton on Facebook advertising). 

I believe Justin made ~90M when he sold WinAmp... and he was what, 19 years old?
I think he's OK.  

Wow I did not know it was the same person!

Something worth mentioning is that before Justin sold Winamp to AOL, he was selling Winamp using the exact same model that he currently sells Reaper on.

The software will work, with no limitations, even if you are a dick and don't pay for it, but it is priced so reasonably that you will feel like a dick if you keep using it and don't send in the modest fee to legally continue using it.

Justin asked only $10 to license Winamp, and before he sold it to AOL, it was bringing in tens of thousands of dollars a month.  The number of people buying and using it is what got AOL's attention. He got paid in AOL stock for the sale of Winamp to AOL, and had to remain a developer for a while after AOL's acquisition of it. He absolutely hated the corporate mentality and rational behind the decision making, which probably helped to reinforce the philosophy his company has today. 

Read the company vision here:  https://www.cockos.com/index.php

Glennbo
---------------------------------------------------------
http://soundclick.com/glennbo

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1