All MIDInotes show in piano roll while recording

Author
Peltz
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10
2018/02/08 18:41:15 (permalink)

All MIDInotes show in piano roll while recording

Hello there.

Im recording on a single armed MIDI track in SONAR Platinum. I'm using a Komplete kontrol and have selected Komplete kontrol Omni as inpute. However one of two things happen:

1. When recording on the armed track, all MIDI notes from all tracks appear in the piano roll while recording. When I stop the recording, only the input from my controller is showing and the notes coming from other MIDI-tracks disappear. That is, it records what it's supposed to. This is extremely annoying. Because I can't really see what I'm recording in the piano-roll due to cluttering by all the notes in the project.

2. Sometimes (rare) all MIDI-notes from all channels record to the armed track (total Mayhem) (I have triple controlled that the input is Komplete Kontrol Omni, NOT all tracks Omni or "none".

Anyone have any idea how to solve this, in particular problem 1. ?

Thanks

1 Reply Related Threads

Cactus Music
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: All MIDInotes show in piano roll while recording 2018/02/08 18:49:38 (permalink)
    I've never seen that happen. Only thing I can think of is you must have a different setting than me. 
    Here's a few things I can think of: 
    Un-check any MIDI outputs in Preferences/MIDI/ Devices. 
    In PVR select only the new track using the right side browser. If you had all tracks selected then you might experience the issue you describe. 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1