Helpful ReplyIt's the winter olympics!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: It's the winter olympics! 2018/02/12 20:23:42 (permalink)
sharke
KenB123
I like the Winter Olympics. I would like it more if they removed figure skating, the darling of prime-time TV coverage.

Likewise for the synchronized swimming in the summer olympics. You might as well call flower arranging a sport. 

Don't forget posh people poncing about on sideways walking horses.

Kalle Rantaaho
Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7005
Re: It's the winter olympics! 2018/02/14 20:31:03 (permalink)
sharke

Likewise for the synchronized swimming in the summer olympics. You might as well call flower arranging a sport. 

C'moon!! I don't watch synced swimming, but that is physically very, very demanding. You need heart and lungs of a long distance runner. On a normal, daily 4-6 hour training period in the water you need to hold your breath enough to kill an accidental amateur. It doesn't require getting bruised or hurt through the performance in order to call it sport. :o)

I think, too, that there are too many sorts of sports in the olympics, but there's nothing that doesn't require a lot.
A LOT.  Shooting is propably the lightest physically, but not mentally. Literature was an olympic event, too, it was!

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
sharke
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: It's the winter olympics! 2018/02/15 00:02:10 (permalink)
Kalle Rantaaho
sharke

C'moon!! I don't watch synced swimming, but that is physically very, very demanding. You need heart and lungs of a long distance runner. On a normal, daily 4-6 hour training period in the water you need to hold your breath enough to kill an accidental amateur. It doesn't require getting bruised or hurt through the performance in order to call it sport. :o)

I think, too, that there are too many sorts of sports in the olympics, but there's nothing that doesn't require a lot.
A LOT.  Shooting is propably the lightest physically, but not mentally. Literature was an olympic event, too, it was!

Based on that logic, furniture removal is a sport as well. 

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
Alison777
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: It's the winter olympics! 2018/02/17 17:21:55 (permalink)
I used to watch the Olympic Games, but this year I don't have time because of work. maybe I'll watch the best things later :).
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1