Synthmaster updated to 2.9.6

Author
Jeff Evans
Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5139
2018/02/10 20:26:06 (permalink)

Synthmaster updated to 2.9.6

This one seems to have slipped through the cracks unnoticed.   I am only mentioning this because I have got many updates from this thread here often before the manufacturers have altered me and many of them don't even do that now.

Anyway yes Synthmaster is now updated to 2.9.6. Free for registered users of course. They have fixed a raft of features etc..

Aside from these new features, we have important fixes in v2.9.6, and we urge everyone to update to v2.9.6:
  1. SynthMaster might crash when warning messages are generated after loading a preset
  2. SynthMaster crashes when a wavetable with more than 256 waveforms is imported
  3. When user drags and drops a modulation source from the modulation sources tab, SynthMaster might crash
  4. When a preset is initialized, drag and drop of a modulation source from the modulation sources tab results in an empty modulation matrix entry
  5. SynthMaster might crash when the mod matrix source filter is changed.
  6. Modulation of amount parameter of LoFi effect causes zipper noise
  7. Modulation of amount parameter of Distortion effect causes zipper noise
  8. Modulation of amount parameter of Echo effect causes zipper noise
  9. Modulation of amount parameter of Chorus effect causes zipper noise
  10. When a new modulation matrix entry is created, SynthMaster incorrectly creates an additional entry
  11. Modulation tab header requires two clicks to display modulation sources menu for a different category
  12. When the oscillator algorithm is changed from sample playback to wavetable, the oscillator doesn't play the wavetable correctly
  13. Some text labels are clipped when being displayed
  14. SynthMaster fails to read some factory waveforms/wavetables when the operating system doesn't return files and folders in sorted order
  15. Edited factory presets
  16. Edited factory skins
The KV331 Audio Team

Also some great news too. The manual has been fully updated too and is now right up to 2.9! 

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt

4 Replies Related Threads

JohnKenn
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1659
    Re: Synthmaster updated to 2.9.6 2018/02/11 01:08:56 (permalink)
    Jeff,

Good update to a great synth.
    This one had me confused though (and doesn't take much to confuse me these days...).
    I got the email also on 2/9 and went to update. Found the file the same as what I updated to awhile back, prompted by another email from them a couple months ago or so.

Users may want to click on the logo in the GUI and see if they already have this. If not, go for it. Just starting to really appreciate this synth.

John
    Jeff Evans
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5139
    Re: Synthmaster updated to 2.9.6 2018/02/11 01:51:02 (permalink)
    Yes thanks John.  Check the logo in the GUI and it will flash what you are currently on.  My last update was 2.8.7 I think so this was a new one for me.  I thought this 2.9.6 said Feb 2018 though which means it is very recent indeed.

This has always been a fantastic synth and it only just gets better.  It now does wavetable sweeping the same way Serum does as well.  Although I do like Serum too, it is also one hell of a synth.

There are often new sound banks that come in with Synthmaster updates.  There are some presets in there from BigTone Analog sounds and they are quite something too.

The manual has definitely been updated too.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz - 8 Gb RAM - Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME PCI HDSP9632 - Steinberg Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 8- Studio One V4 - iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - Sierra 10.12.6 - Focusrite Clarett thunderbolt interface 

Poor minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas -Eleanor Roosevelt
    JohnKenn
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1659
    Re: Synthmaster updated to 2.9.6 2018/02/11 02:09:35 (permalink)
    Will have to go through the update again and like you said, it may be the manual update that is new. Could be also a late duplicate of a previous notification.
    Have had the core 2.9.6 installed since at least late last year. The email seemed like it was announcing something new from this February. Maybe missing something.
    John
    abacab
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4464
    Re: Synthmaster updated to 2.9.6 2018/02/12 13:00:25 (permalink)
    They have also released a new expansion 'BigTone Analog Basics 02'.

https://soundcloud.com/kv...gtone-analog-basics-02

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1