Getting Back VSTs

Author
RexRed
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 453
2018/02/11 09:06:09 (permalink)

Getting Back VSTs

I recently got Breverb and the TH3 VSTs back.

I notice there was a folder of VST effects with the word "blue" in the title, I liked using their delay processor.

There was also a chorus/flanger effect VST perhaps left over from an earlier installation that resided in the Cakewalk manufactured audio effects folder that is gone.

Also I have a few files which may have V-vocal effects in them that I have not yet switched over to melodyne.

If I open the projects and V-vocal is not present will I still be able to apply Melodyne Studio to those clips? 

On a side note, I just got my I9 PC and Cakewalk installed really nice on it.

I went from the 4 processor meters constantly maxing out and Cakewalk halting on my larger projects (on my old non hyper threaded quad core) to now (it is beautiful!) all 12 cores barely jumping up at less than 3% usage on my most complex projects!

I can now record the screen (three monitors) in 4k 60fps and record Cakwalk's audio for instructional videos while Cakewalk is recording/playing and still not have my computer close to breaking a sweat!

Cakewalk Platinum is rock solid stable! 

Please let me know how I can acquire the "blue" audio effects and the Cakewalk chorus/flanger and possibly V-vocal without having to install an earlier version of Cakewalk.

I would rather not install X3 because of low solid state drive space and Cakewalk Platinum is so stable and I do not want to possibly have anything changed by having two Cakewalk's installed. 

1 Reply Related Threads

mettelus
    Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5321
    Re: Getting Back VSTs 2018/02/11 15:15:17 (permalink)
    You can do a custom install of X3 and select only the components you want to install. Samples are what consume the most space during installation, so you can also save space on your OS drive by putting those on another drive and inserting directory junctions.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1