Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
57Gregy
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14404
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/02/07 15:33:44 (permalink)
I would like to keep the Saffire Pro 40, if I had one, but I have the original Saffire from 10 years ago.

Greg 
I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
Pragi
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1173
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/02/08 11:03:50 (permalink)
57Gregy
I would like to keep the Saffire Pro 40, if I had one, but I have the original Saffire from 10 years ago.

Hello Greg ,
seems that I cannot read ,
it´s the third time you havewritten it.
Hope you will finally get it fixed.

regards

Pragi
  • Total Posts : 1173
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/02/08 11:03:50 (permalink)
57Gregy

Hello Greg ,
it´s the third time you have written that.

regards

57Gregy
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/02/08 15:27:16 (permalink)
Pragi
57Gregy

Hello Greg ,
it´s the third time you have written that.

regards

Thanks for commenting.

Greg 
I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.

mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/02/17 00:37:12 (permalink)
Quick followup to the comments made earlier in this thread. I got my new system (Win10 Pro i7-8700K) in yesterday along with the Syba SY-PEX30016 Firewire card and my Saffire (PRO 24 DSP) came online without issues using MixControl 3.4 (same version I was running over Win7) on Win10 Pro.

Ironically, I went hunting for Roland A-300 PRO drivers and got messages on Roland's site to simply connect it and turn it on, and that Win10 installs the drivers automatically. Even blowing that off and downloading the "drivers," they were nothing more than pdf notices saying the same thing . Turns out it was accurate... just plugged it in, turned it on, and a few seconds later it came online. No configuration utility though, so will have to look into that later.* I was sorta spooked it wouldn't work from the comments I saw when Win10 first came out.

It is refreshing in a way loading a machine from scratch, since I am only going to install things that I use, not just because I have them. A lot of things are getting kicked to the curb on this machine.

*Quick Edit: I guess the A-PRO Control Map and A-PRO Editor are not OS specific, they are way down near the bottom of the Support page on Roland's website.
post edited by mettelus - 2018/02/17 03:50:48

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/02/17 02:01:25 (permalink)
Yup, the A-300PRO still works fine with Windows 10!  I just wish that Roland used a mod wheel rather than the joystick with a spring, but it is what it is.  As a minimal control surface it seems to work fairly well.

I don't have a Saffire, but I am still running a legacy M-Audio FireWire interface with Win 7 drivers on Win 10, and that is fully functional.  So far, so good with Win 10.  Other than the rapid release schedule for new versions, I am finding Win 10 to be a good system.

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
57Gregy
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/02/21 15:23:45 (permalink)
Pretty much gave up on getting the Saffire to work, then on a whim yesterday, I plugged it in and got a message "Installing Saffire" then "Setting Up Saffire" followed by a message that set up couldn't be completed because there were no drivers installed. Checked Focusrite's web site and of course there are no drivers for Win 10 as I expected.
Previously, I downloaded the Windows legacy firewire driver from their web site, as some of you noted that it's the driver that will (may) work.
Where is it and how do I try it? The download is in my 'downloads' folder, and I ran it (weeks ago) but nothing seemed to happen.

Greg 

mettelus
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/02/21 17:41:34 (permalink)
The legacy (OHCI) driver is from Win7 (I think it was removed from Win8 onward). I didn't find info on installing that in Win10, but I *think* Win10 recognizes Win8.1 drivers. Here is a link on installing on Win 8.

https://support.microsoft...ly-in-windows-8-1-or-w

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
abacab
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/02/21 18:05:36 (permalink)
The Win10 device driver for FireWire is already included [Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller] with Windows 10.

I remember having to install that driver separately when using Win7.  But Win10 found and installed my PCIe FireWire card automagically.

You will also need a driver (audio device driver) for your audio interface from the manufacturer [Focusrite]. 

My suggestion would be to see if Focusrite has a Win7 or 8 driver for that interface and try it.  As with my M-Audio experience, using a Win7 driver can be good under Win10. 

Racery
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/02/25 07:44:14 (permalink)
abcab
The Win10 device driver for FireWire is already included [Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller] with Windows 10.

I remember having to install that driver separately when using Win7.  But Win10 found and installed my PCIe FireWire card automagically.

You will also need a driver (audio device driver) for your audio interface from the manufacturer [Focusrite]. 

My suggestion would be to see if Focusrite has a Win7 or 8 driver for that interface and try it.  As with my M-Audio experience, using a Win7 driver can be good under Win10. 

Thanks , i will try it next time , (Windows 10 64 bit )
57Gregy
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/03/01 03:13:02 (permalink)
abacab

Thanks. The FW card works fine (as far as I can tell. Windows says it's enabled and working, but I have nothing to connect to it except the Saffire, and it ain't talking), it's the Saffire drivers that don't work.
Tonight, I tried something else; when installing the driver from the disk there is supposed to be a pop-up during the installation to "Continue anyway" when a Windows notice about unsigned software pops up. I get neither the Windows message nor the "Continue anyway" message, and the driver doesn't load.
So I thought maybe there was something in the Win 10 security overzealousness which was preventing the pop-up from... popping up. I disconnected from the internet and turned off all the UACs I could find, including virus scan, and that didn't work, either.
Went to the Focusrite sire and downloaded the 2.7 driver, again, same result. I must be crazy, if you go by the definition of insanity, "doing the same thing over again and expecting different results", but I sure would like to continue using the same interface on each of my machines.
I guess I'll have to do that with a new FW device.  

Greg 

57Gregy
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/03/01 03:17:45 (permalink)
I should add that I ran it (many times) as administrator, and tried all of the compatibility modes, ran the comp. troubleshooter with recommended settings, too.

Greg 

mettelus
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/03/01 03:24:15 (permalink)
One other quick comment about that card above, there is a power supply connection (4-pin from the computer P/S) on the end of the card to provide power to units which get power from the FW cable itself (i.e., no wall wart). Initially, I had installled the card without that, and although the unit ran, it had EMI noise from the GPU. I did the Win8.1 driver install from the above post (it does seem a newer build), but the EMI didn't go away until it had an active P/S connection.

I wanted to throw that out just to make sure you have that P/S connection made if your Saffire is powered from the FW cable itself (it may not come on otherwise). Be sure to power off the computer at the plug if you are making/breaking that P/S or FW connection though so you do not send a voltage spike to the unit.

Jim Roseberry
  • Total Posts : 9871
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/03/14 13:41:23 (permalink)
FWIW, The 4-pin Molex power connection on the Syba Firewire controller is there to provide bus-power for using bus-powered Firewire devices. 

For audio interfaces, I'm not a fan of bus-power... as it often compromises fidelity on the mic preamps.
If you're not using bus-powered Firewire peripherals, there's no need to connect power.

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
jim@studiocat.com
www.studiocat.com
57Gregy
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/03/21 20:27:53 (permalink)
Thanks, Jim. The Saffire came with a wall wart; it's still in the box, unwrapped after all these years.
The computer I use it with came with a FW card already installed (VIA, works great), so when I plugged it in when I first got it, everything worked fine so I never saw a reason to use the power supply.
I did connect the power connector when I installed this Syba card, despite you mentioning years ago to me in another thread that it wasn't necessary. But that's the only thing that works with this Saffire. The lights are on but nobody's home.
I'm looking at getting a MOTU Express, which has both FW and USB, but they seem to indicate that when using FW, you must use bus power.

Greg 

tecknot
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 766
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/03/24 04:38:00 (permalink)
I am a little hesitant to mention, but I have a Saffire too, but instead of relying on a FW card, I went the TH (thunderbolt) route and have been loving it ever since.  All I needed was a FW to TH adapter and all is fine in Win10.  If your PC is compatible with TH, I would ditch the FW.

Kind regards,

tecknot
tecknot
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/03/24 04:38:02 (permalink)
deleted
Jim Roseberry
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/03/26 17:37:33 (permalink)
If the audio interface doesn't have a 64Bit driver, there are *zero* workarounds.

Switching from a PCIe Firewire controller to Thunderbolt>Firewire adapter will have no benefit.
Even if the audio interface HAD a 64Bit driver, there would be zero advantage to using Thunderbolt>Firewire verses a PCIe TI chipset Firewire controller.

Thunderbolt provides access to the PCIe bus.
By very definition, it can not out-perform PCIe.
Another facet: Some audio interfaces will not be compatible with some Thunderbolt>Firewire adapters.

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
jim@studiocat.com
www.studiocat.com
tecknot
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/03/26 21:11:50 (permalink)
Jim Roseberry
If the audio interface doesn't have a 64Bit driver, there are *zero* workarounds.

Switching from a PCIe Firewire controller to Thunderbolt>Firewire adapter will have no benefit.
Even if the audio interface HAD a 64Bit driver, there would be zero advantage to using Thunderbolt>Firewire verses a PCIe TI chipset Firewire controller.

Thunderbolt provides access to the PCIe bus.
By very definition, it can not out-perform PCIe.
Another facet: Some audio interfaces will not be compatible with some Thunderbolt>Firewire adapters.

Hi Jim.  I'm not trying to pick a fight, but some of the points you made above are inaccurate (knowing you have much more experience on computers than I do).  First, a 64bit driver wouldn't make a difference, a 32bit driver would work just as well in Windows 10. Next, switching from a FW PCIe card to a TB one would be beneficial because it eliminates the conflict of TI vs DICE etc. controllers.  Further, the adapter I was referring to was one that you would use to connect a FW device to a TB port.  There was no suggestion that an adapter would "out-perform" in any fashion.  It's all about the connection, that's all.  Although some interfaces may not be compatible in this scenario, I am talking about a Saffire interface which is compatible as verified by Focusrite and by myself as this is the way I have my Saffire interface working with my PC (via the TB card).  So, I just want to clarify that.

Kind regards,

tecknot
abacab
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/03/26 22:11:53 (permalink)
tecknot

a 64bit driver wouldn't make a difference, a 32bit driver would work just as well in Windows 10

It matters.  If you run a 64-bit Windows, you must run 64-bit drivers.

Jim Roseberry
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/03/28 15:23:07 (permalink)
tecknot

Hi Jim.  I'm not trying to pick a fight, but some of the points you made above are inaccurate (knowing you have much more experience on computers than I do).  First, a 64bit driver wouldn't make a difference, a 32bit driver would work just as well in Windows 10. Next, switching from a FW PCIe card to a TB one would be beneficial because it eliminates the conflict of TI vs DICE etc. controllers.  Further, the adapter I was referring to was one that you would use to connect a FW device to a TB port.  There was no suggestion that an adapter would "out-perform" in any fashion.  It's all about the connection, that's all.  Although some interfaces may not be compatible in this scenario, I am talking about a Saffire interface which is compatible as verified by Focusrite and by myself as this is the way I have my Saffire interface working with my PC (via the TB card).  So, I just want to clarify that.

No intention of arguing on this side... but where are you getting this information?
It's absolutely wrong...  

Have you ever tried loading a 32Bit driver when using 64Bit Windows?
The driver won't install/load/operate...

Regarding running Firewire protocol via Thunderbolt>Firewire adapter:
There are compatibility issues with certain combinations of audio interfaces and TB>Firewire adapters.
There are zero issues when using a quality PCIe TI chipset Firewire controller.
At best, you'd have performance equal to using a PCIe TI chipset Firewire controller.
At worst, you'd be trading one set of (incompatibility) variables for another... with the same result.

DICE-II is the Firewire chipset on certain audio interfaces.
Cheaper to integrate than chipsets used by MOTU and RME, but has significantly higher round-trip latency (requires larger "safety-buffer" to avoid glitches).

When it comes to a Firewire audio interface, there are varying degrees of "incompatibility" with certain Firewire controllers. 
Incompatibility with the Firewire controller could cause anything from diminished performance, flaky behavior/symptoms, to full on crashes. 

MOTU and RME units are typically more "forgiving" about the Firewire controller.
They'll work fine with many VIA chipset Firewire controllers.

M-Audio units would typically not work with non-TI chipset Firewire controllers.

Some audio interfaces (Apollo, Tascam, Mackie - mostly older units) are finicky about the specific TI chipset controller.  SIIG PCIe TI chipset Firewire controller works with these and every other popular Firewire audio interface.  These units typically won't work at all with non-TI chipset Firewire controllers.

Without a 64Bit driver for the audio interface, there's no way to make it work (with 64Bit version of Windows 10).
Any further discussion/details are absolutely (unfortunately for the OP) moot.

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
jim@studiocat.com
www.studiocat.com
tecknot
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/03/30 16:15:49 (permalink)
Hi Jim.  With all those considerations, it would seem that my configuration would unlikely work, but I do have a TB card and no FW card in my PC with a 64bit CPU and 64bit Windows 10 .  I am using a Focusrite Saffire interface via FW to TB.  Focusrite has only one driver from what I can tell, so I had no reason to believe that the driver was 64bit and knowing that anything 64bit is not going to work in a x86/32bit system it would seem obvious that Focusrite is providing a 32bit driver for dual compatibility.  In an effort to save the OP's interface, it would make more sense to purchase and install a TB card and to buy a new interface.  It's working here, why not give it a shot?

Kind regards,

tecknot
fireberd
Max Output Level: -38 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3704
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/03/30 17:33:14 (permalink)
Not all motherboards support Thunderbolt, even with a PCIe Thunderbolt card.  I have a Z170 ASUS motherboard that will support Thunderbolt but I need a special interface adapter.

"GCSG Productions"
Franklin D-10 Pedal Steel Guitar (primary instrument). Nashville Telecaster, Bass, etc. 
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero M/B, i7 6700K CPU, 16GB Ram, SSD and conventional hard drives, Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Pro Insider Pre-Release
Sonar Platinum/CbB. MOTU 896MK3 Hybrid, Tranzport, X-Touch, JBL LSR308 Monitors,  
Ozone 5,  Studio One 4.1
ISRC Registered
Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E. Assn.
Jim Roseberry
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/04/02 12:39:23 (permalink)
tecknot
Hi Jim.  With all those considerations, it would seem that my configuration would unlikely work, but I do have a TB card and no FW card in my PC with a 64bit CPU and 64bit Windows 10 .  I am using a Focusrite Saffire interface via FW to TB.  Focusrite has only one driver from what I can tell, so I had no reason to believe that the driver was 64bit and knowing that anything 64bit is not going to work in a x86/32bit system it would seem obvious that Focusrite is providing a 32bit driver for dual compatibility.  In an effort to save the OP's interface, it would make more sense to purchase and install a TB card and to buy a new interface.  It's working here, why not give it a shot?

You're using a newer audio interface that has a 64Bit driver.
The OP's audio interface (ever though it's the same brand) was created prior to 64Bit Windows Vista.
It doesn't have a 64Bit driver.
Thus, there's **zero** chance that it'll work.
Doesn't matter if you connect via PCIe TI chipset Firewire, Thunderbolt>Firewire, etc.
Without a 64Bit driver, there's no way for the hardware/OS to communicate/function with the audio interface.

It's unfortunate for the OP... but there's no moving forward with that particular audio interface.
For those who go all the way back to the beginning of PC DAW recording; it would be like trying to use the Digital Audio Labs CardD+.  

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
jim@studiocat.com
www.studiocat.com
57Gregy
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/04/02 14:25:23 (permalink)
Thanks, everyone who responded.
Like death and taxes, upgrading is certain in this life.

Greg 

mettelus
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/05/28 22:45:20 (permalink)
57Gregy
I just think it's strange that the FW card was seen by Windows when I first installed it, but never again.

Whelp, this one is a day late and a dollar short (I have not tracked much since I got this Win10 machine a few months ago, and my Saffire got flaky as well), but I recently found that Win10 does cause an issue with the MixControl 3.7. After a couple re-installs and dropping everything possible from the loop, I noticed that Win10 will see the Saffire, but pass no audio to it... playing in the sound card properties, nothing is changed, but any test (using configuration or properties) will move the meters, but no sound out.

The workaround for this (thank goodness is a simple one) is to open Saffire MixControl when powering on the unit (before connecting any software) and cycling the "Settings...->Firewire Driver Latency" to anything other than what it is at boot. You can move it back, of course, but without that cycling the Saffire MixControl will not pass audio out of the unit. That setting cannot be changed once an application has been given access to the Saffire, so for me, I do not have the Saffire as the default Windows device (my Realtek is default).

I haven't dug into this any deeper yet, since I found something relatively simple, but hopefully this can help someone. The above has to be done after every boot on Win10 now

Quick Edit - Just for kicks I reloaded ASIO4ALL and rebooted my machine. Doing the above will also "intercept" ASIO4ALL being instantiated if the Saffire is to be used. It seems ASIO4ALL only comes online if a program requiring ASIO doesn't see anything else on start; and it seems those applications can also swap back and forth without issues now (Yay!).

Sir Les
  • Total Posts : 1182
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/06/22 20:12:00 (permalink)
Hello.
As I have found, some systems regardless of the TI or LSI or Nvida chipsets...Firewire has some flaws, and HDMI and other Audio onboard cards, and irq shuffling, cpu issues might come through as noise. crackling and pops, hangs and no response, to blue screens if so finding it becomes ....frustrating As I have .

Now if the device is compatible with a Firewire to Thunderbolt adapter, and if using win 7 or 8.1..you might get that to work as I did with my Sapphire Pro 40 on windows...(only Got TB 2 to work well on win 7 and 8)

Windows 10 did not like my TB 2 card, at which time was the only Worth While TB card on the market to get for TB..which was supported, and working well enough, and very much so better than Firewire cards of all kinds...Never working proper!.....until...sabotaged By MS updates forced down the pipe!.

So, Thunderbolt 3 with the proper adapter should work on win 10 with the drivers for that audio Device...and I believe , if I can do that.....And I did!...Then windows might be changing things...I hope they do not ruin my Asus Board that has TB  built into it running win7 and did work on 8.1 for a bit of bliss!....But, As I know of at this time, win 10 does not support that motherboard, or any add in TB 2 cards.

So, Juggling it...as I hope they do not push down the pipe updates for win 7 or 8.1 to ruin the workings of that...
Motu 828x TB also has issues with windows 10 and, Motu told be to try the usb port and connect it to the computer that way....Which did work...but, that is not what I bought the device for...TB works better more tracks and such, no issues.
But with MS...it is not about the user...It is about the money...more sales..more profit...Break the device, makes sales...sell more cables, adapters and hair pulling..(I got idea about making a wi fi remote hair puller)....

Seems so?...

Just my two cents..saying It does work with the adapter here on win 7 TB2...(at this time)But you have to have A MB that supports it...and TB 3...Depending on which card you get, and your MB...
Input to the card ...TB3 port is best if having one, as TB is faster and wider bussing/lanes depending on CPU ..USB c..Will cut the speed...I was reading into...So a card with ports of more than one option?...Not sure why they made usb c the need?

Now as long as it is a Firewire device, you will not see any boost in the Performance of speed sending or returns.
But if it is not working with firewire proper....

Again to ask...If Jim says...But we find it is not as he claims...I have to ask if TB 3 only has USB C port...Does it reduce the TB3 claimed speeds and wideness of lanes to..slow it down and reduce the functioning of..TB# claims?

I guess now, a detector is in between the TB chip, and the USB C chip to divert the processing of each device to the routing of for, if using one or the other kind of device used...Has to be Promoted onto the Card....If so, does this detection cause a issue?

And if so having the parts available ...Can Jim Test it?

Thanks.

So some old troubleshooting tips.
Read the manuals..
Put the cards in slots not shared if possible.
reduce device loads..(turn off unused devices, In Bios)(I would say before installing any ONBOARD DRIVERS OR OS)So nothing is loaded by Windows as defualt.

If your cards do not work..
Go into the device manager.
Unhide the Devices...
Remove all the hidden and uninstall what is set as doubling.
Turn off defender and any anti virus before installing anything.(UAC turn it down if all downloads have been scanned by virus detection apps)

Reinstall drivers.

Windows sometimes keeps default drivers hidden....And resorts to using.

Just something I went through helped get it going.

Not saying that is your issue...But you can check..
 once you find the bliss...if this is for any type of professional studio...I would turn off internet nics, wi fi, once made stable and working...so nothing screws it all up by them ghost who push things down the pipe, and change things seeming while you are not attentive to the machine.

Cheers!

post edited by Sir Les - 2018/06/22 20:49:32

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
Sir Les
  • Total Posts : 1182
Re: Win 10, FireWire, Saffire Connectivity or New Interface? 2018/06/22 21:11:26 (permalink)
oh when and if it does work legacy device on..win7 or 8..I believe, you can afford a Hard drive for 32bit os and apps..and drivers...and so on...if so wanting to use it that way with firewire also.

Firewire is a legacy device....Right?

is it 32 bit?

Just saying!

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1