SFZ edit legato mode HELP!

Author
jmnadim
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2018/03/11 11:35:33 (permalink)

SFZ edit legato mode HELP!

Hello,

I would like to edit a SFZ file to use the legato mode in Dimension Pro, because it has no legato mode on its interface. Here is the problem: my SFZ file has several samples, they have the same duration and each samples are organized on the keyboard and sampled in different tones: A2, A#2, B2, C3, C#3 etc.

To put it simply, I would like to use the legato mode to jump to the next note (eg change from A#2 to B2) without starting each time from the beginning of the sample, and without getting a pitch bend effect of the note played.

I hope you understand ... it's pretty simple finally: I just want to know how to edit the legato mode in an SFZ file.

Maybe an example of SFZ file editing (which does not work ...) can be more explicit:

=========================================================================
<global>
polyphony=1

<group> trigger=first

<region> sample=Key_A2.wav
lokey=A2
hikey=A2
pitch_keycenter=A2

<region> sample=Key_A#2.wav
lokey=A#2
hikey=A#2
pitch_keycenter=A#2

<region> sample=Key_B2.wav
lokey=B2
hikey=B2
pitch_keycenter=B2

<group> trigger=legato

<region> sample=Key_A2.wav
lokey=A2
hikey=A2
pitch_keycenter=A2

<region> sample=Key_A#2.wav
lokey=A#2
hikey=A#2
pitch_keycenter=A#2

<region> sample=Key_B2.wav
lokey=B2
hikey=B2
pitch_keycenter=B2

===========================================================================

If anyone could change this code or give me an example of SFZ code this can help me a lot! Because I tried everything!

THANKS !!!

3 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: SFZ edit legato mode HELP! 2018/03/11 14:14:40 (permalink)
    For legato playback in DP, try setting polyphony to 0 in the UI

jmnadim
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: SFZ edit legato mode HELP! 2018/03/11 15:19:21 (permalink)
    Thank you scook! but I have already tried this, there is indeed the legato with the value to 0 in DP, but it distorts the note (like a pitch bend). What I would like, is to move to the next sample and not stretch the note, it is only possible with the editing of the SFZ file but I do not know the procedure to do. I tried . But that does not work because it's not clear to me ... I'm still not very familiar with programming SFZ files.
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: SFZ edit legato mode HELP! 2018/03/11 16:12:05 (permalink)
    Don't use both the UI setting and the sfz settings. At least, it sounds odd when setting the the Garritan Pocket Orchestra > Solo Strings legato programs polyphony to 0 in the UI. Comparing the sfz above with something like the "solo violin.sfz" used by the "violin legato" program in GPO Solo Strings, the only difference is the added polyphony setting.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1