Where to purchase a new desk-rack mount DAW computer these days?

Author
bwbalint
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 296
2018/03/15 00:59:19 (permalink)

Where to purchase a new desk-rack mount DAW computer these days?

I have a feeling my 8 year old Rain desk top computer may be in its final days. It has done me very well all this time. As it has been so reliable I haven’t looked at anything else in that period of time. And I figure any old threads on this subject may be dated, so I started a new one.

What company / person do you guys suggest I start looking at? And then what kinds of specs? I just have a home studio for my personal work, so I don’t really need a super horse , but perhaps something that may age gently with me for the next 8 years. Any thoughts are appreciated. I figure my budget may be around 3k. And that would be Windows OS. I really have no interest in portaging
over to a MAC at this point. Thanks in advance!

CbB latest incarnation, Focusrite Scarlett (2nd generation), WIN10 1809 build,  , MCU pro , Yamaha Motif classic 6 , focusrite ASA one

2 Replies Related Threads

Genghis
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 827
    Re: Where to purchase a new desk-rack mount DAW computer these days? 2018/03/15 04:10:47 (permalink)
    StudioCat builds a great DAW, and the owner, Jim Roseberry is a regular here.  Great guy who shares a lot of good info with everyone. My last two DAWs have been from them, and I'm reasonably sure I'll be getting another in a few years.  I generally go about 5 to 7 years between upgrades, and the one I have is still working very well, so I can probably go even longer this time around.  And he actually talked me out of spending the extra for his top of the line last time, saying that for my needs the next step down would be great.  He was absolutely right.

They call 'em fingers, but I've never seen 'em fing. 
    My Music is Here
    Studio Cat DAW
    bwbalint
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 296
    Re: Where to purchase a new desk-rack mount DAW computer these days? 2018/03/15 10:06:21 (permalink)
    Thanks!  That was a name I had seen before on this forum.  I will be looking there.  

CbB latest incarnation, Focusrite Scarlett (2nd generation), WIN10 1809 build,  , MCU pro , Yamaha Motif classic 6 , focusrite ASA one
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1