Bean Sprout Recipe

Author
Jyotishvarii
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 87
2018/03/24 01:40:04 (permalink)

Bean Sprout Recipe

A certain back sliding miscreant is delinquent on a promise to divulge questionable claimed secrets to the high road of probiotic culturing  I will not mention his name*  If not delivered promptly I will hereby be forced to reveal deep and dark secrets about how to grow bean sprouts  Time is running out  Do you feel the pressure  Do you feel the walls closing in

(*JohnKenn)

11 Replies Related Threads

eph221
    Max Output Level: -28.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4665
    Re: Bean Sprout Recipe 2018/03/24 03:58:37 (permalink)
    Are you a yahoo?

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*
     Is a lumineer a new dental appliance?  

i7 2.5 ghz
    32GB RAM
    WINDOWS 10
    My Ass
    Cubase 9.5

Jyotishvarii
    Re: Bean Sprout Recipe 2018/03/24 16:07:09 (permalink)
    No  Although I have grown to like the benefits of a rural lifestyle  How about you
    eph221
    Max Output Level: -28.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4665
    Re: Bean Sprout Recipe 2018/03/24 20:20:31 (permalink)
    I'm hillbilly

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*
     Is a lumineer a new dental appliance?  

i7 2.5 ghz
    32GB RAM
    WINDOWS 10
    My Ass
    Cubase 9.5

Jyotishvarii
    Re: Bean Sprout Recipe 2018/03/25 00:27:35 (permalink)
    Mr Eph21 glad to hear your identification with the salt of the earth  We have a lot in common you and me dear brother

MrJohnKenn still in the wings on your yogurt recipe  I have ulterior motives requesting a fast response if you are reading this and can help me out  Anyone else with knowledge please chime in as well

I came out of retirement a couple weeks ago with an offer I could not refuse Three month temporary assignment with luxury travel and lavish hotel accommodations and could even take my hubby for free. Hospital HMO and insurance company paying for a tour to teach fresh nutrition practices to nurses and patients Good pay and a last chance to see the sights before hitting the rocking chair

First downside was with the business class travel   I have not flown for many years and my fond memories are no more  Getting through security was a new experience  It used to be that I could bring my sawed off shotgun on the plane with no check  If it fit in the overhead we were good to go just store the shells separate  Flight of the past was also a feast from start to stop  After takeoff the flight attendant came by and gave me a ¾ ounce package of denatured Chex trail mix  I thanked him and asked what was for breakfast He replied that what I just got WAS breakfast

Now I am here freezing my butt off in Chicago harsh north winds coming off the lakes  Elegant rooms are sterile perfumed with chemicals  Bed stiff cold and uncomfortable  Only make me want to return to Georgia with the warmth the crickets singing at night

My task is to teach a better approach to diet in a whirlwind of seminars  My sponsors will not read this but the motive is that if you can get the subscribers inspired to eat more healthy then there will be less doctor visits eating away at profits

You mentioned a “bullet proof” process regarding probiotic culture and some philosophical observations  I could use these in my presentation if you will share  Has to be simple and fun

J

JohnKenn
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1659
    Re: Bean Sprout Recipe 2018/03/25 01:32:59 (permalink)
    Jyoti,

Just saw this. Been offline helping to fix a church PA system and house repairs. Sorry about the weather and conditions out there, but the ragged edge of employer travel mode is less than comfortable. Coastal respite here with clouds and a few remote sun breaks. Way more wind than probably you are experiencing, but just part of life out here.

Will do a new post on yogurt cultivation if this will help you. Philosophical stuff another day. I can get you the basics.

You and your guy stay warm and safe. You can always get the hotel staff to provide a bunch more pillows. Crank up the heat with the windows open to drive out the smells.

John
    JohnKenn
    Re: Bean Sprout Recipe 2018/03/25 02:16:04 (permalink)
    Okay Jyoti,
    Quid Pro Quo...
    I have done sporadic rampages with sprouting for a long time and want to get better at it. Mostly a positive experience except for times when I screw something up and they mold. Nothing worse than black bean sprouts that have turned to rot overnight. Failures were mostly from not washing enough during the germination period and lack of air circulation. Sprouting a higher health advantage as well as an economic benefit, getting at least fourfold return on a hand full of dried grains. Alfalfa and small seeds up to a hundred times return.
    I done gave you my innermost process for probiotic culturing.
    Now your turn... What tips and trick can you offer about sprouting.

John
    Jyotishvarii
    Re: Bean Sprout Recipe 2018/04/01 23:34:18 (permalink)
    Ugh  Back in Chicago in another smelly hotel  Wishing my 3 month contract will end soon Jet lag wear and tear to the max
    If you have been involved in sprouting grains and grasses for a long time it is a waste of time giving you a primer on how to start  that is unless other souls are interested on how to begin the journey
    Do you have any specific problems you are dealing with that I may be able to advise a solution for
    JohnKenn
    Re: Bean Sprout Recipe 2018/04/02 22:44:08 (permalink)
    Jyoti,

I've got most of the essentials down. My failures are mainly due to not washing the crop frequently enough.
    If you have any killer tricks not mentioned in the main stream, I'd love to learn. So would everyone else here, because we are all a bunch of hard core bean sprout junkies.

Also continually on the hunt to find a better and better growing apparatus. What are you using and what works in your setup.
    Have had lesser experience but somewhat knowledgeable about the grasses. It was too much extra work and harder to maintain so have mostly let grasses go.

Comments, advice?

John
    Jyotishvarii
    Re: Bean Sprout Recipe 2018/04/02 23:57:44 (permalink)
    JohnKenn I have tried most of the commercial home contraptions and many will work well enough  I avoid the mason jar plus dishrack standard all the way to the end because there is not enough air circulation to protect against mold  I still use them on occasion to get things started but not for final cultivation past about day three  Greater surface area is needed that cant be done in a mason jar unless small amounts are grown and this is less than adequate to feed a family and defeats the purpose to realize maximum gain out of a handfull of dried beans
    I have settled on a geometry project that works best for me  It does require some home modification but the effort is rewarded
    It has been advised for grasses that the cheapest thrill is from grade school lunch trays  A set of two gives a mirror image so that soil is in the bottom tray and grains on top the soil  Then second tray over the first Remove the top tray when it is being pushed up from the growth
    If you modify the system as follows  Drill many drain holes in the bottom tray  Do not invert the top tray but use it like it would be normally stacked  Sprouts are spread out over the bottom tray and the stacking tray can be used to apply weights if you are familiar why this is a benefit  Jyotishvarii
    JohnKenn
    Re: Bean Sprout Recipe 2018/04/03 01:01:58 (permalink)
    Holy crap, girl. This is brilliant. Never thought of this in 40 years of sprouting. Thank you for this tip.

Reference for the rest of us guys in the dark, me included if I can explain what you are talking about. Where were you in my sprouting life 30 years ago?... On the hunt for grade school lunch trays with the next morning's light... Used the standard trays inverted for wheat grass but never thought about the spread and pressing function for normal sprouting application. Drip tray obviously needed beneath the lunch trays to avoid a mess. Couple bricks or rocks on the upper tray will do the trick.

All of us sprout freak guys here lie awake at night in fevered sweats, not knowing how to properly grow soy bean sprouts.  I feel their pain and my pain.  Things grow okay until less than a week when they have a tail about a third of an inch long and turning brown. Then there are the soy sprouts you get in a store or a Chinese egg roll that are 3 inches long. What do they know that we don't know.

Secret is applying genetic stresses that the grains are already primed to deal with. Weight pressure and think you would agree, darkness which is already in the equation with an opaque lunch tray.

Got to think like a bean and empathize what they are going through just trying to survive.
    Grain drops to the ground ready to grow next springtime in the natural. If buried under massive debris and in the dark, life survival priority is on maintaining flexibility to navigate through a matrix of impediments until it can get thru the surface into sunlight. Once in the light, survival laws change. Now time to produce woody cellulose to withstand above ground conditions.

Means that if you can keep the germinating grain in the dark and under pressure, it thinks it is way under ground and has to keep flexible and long to reach the surface. No pressure or in light, the crop quickly develops woody cellulose. Lesser return and less edible.

Bummer for these little dudes is that there is a cannibal monkey about to devour them. Makes you weep, don't it?

John

Jyotishvarii
    Re: Bean Sprout Recipe 2018/04/04 01:51:41 (permalink)
    They lended me out to Canada for a couple days so crashing north of the border out in the wild west The accommodations are much better than Chicago and parts otherwise
    Yes makes me weep We are caught in a place of having to kill something to eat and survive  Principle is that we should take our food source from that which does manifest the least level of evolved consciousness  If an apple is available then spare the pig  We murder in our diet but tread more softly on the planet by killing the lesser life forms out of our necessity This also shifts the scale to less personal payback up the line whether physical or more long term
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1