Clean Audio Folder still crashes

Author
stevenbrookes
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
2018/04/07 12:40:03 (permalink)

Clean Audio Folder still crashes

The clean audio folder tool would be so useful if it worked. It always crashed Sonar Platinum and still crashes Cakewalk Bandlab. This happens on my laptop and desktop installations. Also, why does it scan every folder on the drive despite the user specifying which audio folder to clean?   It would be great if Bandlab got this function working.

4 Replies Related Threads

Dilaco1
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 150
    Re: Clean Audio Folder still crashes 2018/04/07 13:05:15 (permalink)
    Hi Steven

Personally, I gave up trying to clean an audio folder in this way a long time ago. For me it seemed too much of a complicated process.

Have you tried the option of doing a ‘save as’ of your project file under a new name and in a different location? By doing this a fresh audio folder should be created along with the file, and it should contain only the audio that you have for that file. (I say ‘should be’ because this will only be the case if you have checked the option for Sonar to create a separate audio file for every new project—which I think is the default option anyway).

Of course, after you have created a new file with its new audio folder you can erase the old file along with its audio folder.

Cakewalk by Bandlab; RME Fireface 800 audio interface; Windows 7 (64bit);
    craigr68
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 102
    Re: Clean Audio Folder still crashes 2018/04/07 14:50:53 (permalink)
    I'm not surprised Clean Audio Folder is crashing.  It randomly crashes for me.  Another common complaint is that it searches my entire C drive when all I want is D drive projects folder searched (which I type in for Audio Path).

Anyway, an alternative, CWAFtool works well for me.  On my computer it's:
    "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\cwaftool.exe"

With the new CbB, if you get a warning with CWAF like this:
    "The following files were either unreadable by CWAF, or written by a newer version of SONAR than CWAF expects."

The fix is:
    Edit file CWAFtool.ini in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\CWAF.  Change this line originally containing 23.13.0.xxx to this: 
    SupportedProjectVersion=24.04.0.xxx

stevenbrookes
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Clean Audio Folder still crashes 2018/04/14 09:13:55 (permalink)
    Many thanks for the replies - I'll try both methods suggested by Craigr68 and Dilaco. Looks like I'll be getting some disk space back!
    henkejs
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 489
    Re: Clean Audio Folder still crashes 2018/04/14 14:53:51 (permalink)
    Both Clean Audio Folder and CWAFtool crash on my system. I don't use them often, so I'm not sure how many Windows 10 and Platinum updates there have been since they last worked properly. I agree with previous posters it would be helpful to have a tool that only searches in my designated project folders.

A few of my songs

SONAR Platinum, Cakewalk by BandLab, Windows 10, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1