Any ideas on how to speed up export audio?

Author
Master Exploder
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 44
2018/04/07 17:55:52 (permalink)

Any ideas on how to speed up export audio?

Hi, I've got a project with 39 synths and it's taking aeons to export the song to a file. Does anyone know how to allocate more computer resources to speed up the render?

4 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Any ideas on how to speed up export audio? 2018/04/07 18:49:00 (permalink)
    Assuming you are using the fast bounce option on export you could
    freeze before export, certainly some parts have not changed in a while
    other than that here are some ideas that may help http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3286635

Master Exploder
    Re: Any ideas on how to speed up export audio? 2018/04/07 23:33:00 (permalink)
    Hm, I'm not much a computer expert but I tried increasing the buffer size to it's max 350 and as for multi core processing I set it to 4 outside of Sonar as I couldn't find the option for it. When I play the track I see for bars under "performance" in the control bar...are those the processors? The render time has not sped up so I'm guessing this isn't the solution. I have several plugins running on the synths, mainly Breverb, pechungo tremolo, voxengo and Glitch 2 as well as a vocaloid, Plogue Alter Ego. I'll try temporarily freezing all the synths and see if that works.
    Master Exploder
    Re: Any ideas on how to speed up export audio? 2018/04/08 15:01:46 (permalink)
    So I froze all the tracks but there's no difference in export time
    Master Exploder
    Re: Any ideas on how to speed up export audio? 2018/04/09 23:11:23 (permalink)
    Ok, I think I've identified the problem. I tried installing Plogue chipspeech and chipsounds a while back but didn't do it correctly (by that I mean I think I had to go online or download some secondary file and then drag and drop into the tracks chipsounds and chipspeech, I know that's what I had to do with the vocaloid but I changed my mind about these two plugins and decided I didn't want them). I created tracks from the plugins but then deleted them. The message "can't find install directory, please re-install" keeps showing up every time I open the file even though I deleted those tracks associated with both programs. I just ignored the messages but I'm pretty sure that's what's causing the ridiculously slow export time as I opened earlier versions of the file before I tried out Plogue chipspeech/sounds and I didn't have this problem. Is there any fix for this or a workaround? Is it possible to just quickly dump the tracks one by one into a fresh project or do I have to set everything up again?
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1