Install problems and tweaks for Cakewalk Bandlab

Author
gmp
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1033
2018/04/08 18:55:20 (permalink)

Install problems and tweaks for Cakewalk Bandlab

When I first installed the installer got stuck with the message: Cakewalk installing. After about an hour I closed that window and found teh downloaded files. I ran cakewalk.exe and it installed fine. I didn't run instruments.exe. I assume that cakewalk.exe ran it, but maybe not. Should I run that one also?

I think it's a great idea that both versions run side by side, especially now when we can check things out. I keep my C drive as small as I can for imaging, so my Cakewalk Content is on my D drive. Bandlab found this, but didn't copy my custom themes. So I had to manually copy them into 

D:\Cakewalk Content\Cakewalk Themes

My custom lenses didn't get copied, so I copied them here

C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\Lenses\Factory

I still haven't figured out what's wrong with the Plugin layouts. I've loaded mine in in plugin manager, and they show up until I close and reopen, then they're gone. In plugin menu layout there are no custom layouts listed. Also I see that V-Sampler is not shown up in the VSTi. 

If anyone has any solutions to these, please let me know. This post will be good for others to post install problems also. Overall I'm very pleased

Gerry Peters
Midi Magic Studio
http://gprecordingstudio.com/
Album Productions and Songwriter Resources
Cakewalk By Bandlab, Platinum 64 + 32 bit, Studiocat AsRock Z97 motherboard, Haswell CPU 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM 16GB DDR3/1600, Windows 10 Pro all updates including optional, MOTU AVB Ultralite sound card/Midi interface/Dig mixer, onboard Video HD4600. Midisport 2x2 midi interface, Vienna Instruments, Ivory II piano, Komplete 9, Superior drummer. 5 HD's - OS drive 250GB SSD, Samples drive 1 500GB SSD,  3 data HDs - total of 6.5T

3 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Install problems and tweaks for Cakewalk Bandlab 2018/04/08 19:03:42 (permalink)
    If you have SONAR installed, forget about the instrument.exe. It is the SONAR Artist Instrument Collection.

You will need to copy plug-in layouts. Check SONAR Preferences > File > Folder Locations for the old path.
    In CbB check the scan path Preferences > File > VST settings

CbB installs like a new product/upgrade not an update.
    gmp
    Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1033
    Re: Install problems and tweaks for Cakewalk Bandlab 2018/04/09 03:49:48 (permalink)
    scook
    If you have SONAR installed, forget about the instrument.exe. It is the SONAR Artist Instrument Collection.

You will need to copy plug-in layouts. Check SONAR Preferences > File > Folder Locations for the old path.
    In CbB check the scan path Preferences > File > VST settings

CbB installs like a new product/upgrade not an update.

Thanks that fixed everything I found that was off.

I saw a post where someone was thanking Meng, Noel, Ben and you as the new team. You've been an exceptional Forum Host and deserve thanks fro that, but I was wondering if you've also have a new role working for CbB?

Gerry Peters
    Midi Magic Studio
    http://gprecordingstudio.com/
    Album Productions and Songwriter Resources
    Cakewalk By Bandlab, Platinum 64 + 32 bit, Studiocat AsRock Z97 motherboard, Haswell CPU 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM 16GB DDR3/1600, Windows 10 Pro all updates including optional, MOTU AVB Ultralite sound card/Midi interface/Dig mixer, onboard Video HD4600. Midisport 2x2 midi interface, Vienna Instruments, Ivory II piano, Komplete 9, Superior drummer. 5 HD's - OS drive 250GB SSD, Samples drive 1 500GB SSD,  3 data HDs - total of 6.5T
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Install problems and tweaks for Cakewalk Bandlab 2018/04/09 03:54:26 (permalink)
    The thread title is misleading, I have never been an employee of either Cakewalk or BandLab. I am a user just like you.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1