Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20964
2018/04/10 11:48:39 (permalink)

Komplete Kontrol updated to 2.0.0

Run Native Access to update

Glyn Barnes
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7564
Re: Komplete Kontrol updated to 2.0.0 2018/04/10 16:19:39 (permalink)
Now effects are supported.

KOMPLETE KONTROL 2.0.0 - 2018-04-09
  • After updating KOMPLETE KONTROL or installing a new KOMPLETE or NKS instrument, run KOMPLETE KONTROL as a stand-alone application before using it as a plug-in
  • When running the stand-alone version of KOMPLETE KONTROL for the first time, open Preferences > MIDI and enable all MIDI input ports for the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series keyboard
  • For host integration setup, refer to the online KOMPLETE KONTROL documentation. KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK1 and MK2 users upgrading from a previous version of KOMPLETE KONTROL must replace the Ableton Live scripts for Ableton Live integration to function correctly. Please refer to the KnowledgeBase article Setting Up Ableton Live for KOMPLETE KONTROL.

ADDED Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) FX Plug-in Support
  • NKS FX brings the familiarity and immediacy of the NKS experience to FX plug-ins
  • Full integration with the Native Browser and intelligent parameter mapping via Native Map

ADDED VST FX Plug-in Support
  • Load any VST FX plug-in via the Plug-in Bar, customise mappings, and save user presets in the Native Browser

ADDED KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 Mixer Page Indicators
  • Channel Mute and Solo state indicators on the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 Mixer page in Logic Pro X, GarageBand, Ableton Live, Cubase and Nuendo
  • Channel Record Arm state indicators on the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 Mixer page in Ableton Live

IMPROVED Behaviour of KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK1 and MK2 PRESET UP / PRESET DOWN buttons is now consistent in all modes

FIXED Intermittent crash when navigating tracks in Logic Pro X

FIXED Intermittent crashes when quitting KOMPLETE KONTROL

FIXED Master and Output channels are no longer greyed-out on the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 Mixer page in Logic Pro X

FIXED Level meters match the software on the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 Mixer page in Ableton Live

FIXED KOMPLETE KONTROL remembers hosted plug-ins that are missing on the system

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
Fleer
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8715
Re: Komplete Kontrol updated to 2.0.0 2018/04/10 19:39:44 (permalink)
Thanks guys! Looking mighty fine 

"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl" (Wish You Were Here)
Glyn Barnes
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7564
Re: Komplete Kontrol updated to 2.0.0 2018/04/10 19:49:32 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Fleer 2018/04/10 23:46:17
Just been playing around with it. Its pretty easy to add a chain of FX after your instrument. The FX in focus will be mapped to the keyboard encoders. For non NKS effects the encoder names can be a bit cryptic, but in most cases close enough to be usable. I am pretty sure one could edit your own mappings as with VSTis.

Presets for NKS effects appear in the browser.

The scan has not picked up some of my FX, Melda for example. I will investigate this later.

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
Jazzy2040
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 36
Re: Komplete Kontrol updated to 2.0.0 2018/04/19 21:16:55 (permalink)
Please be aware that there is a confirmed bug in this update.
KK instruments that are assigned VSTs effects to, will disappear upon Save and reload.

So you're advised to backup your project before adding VSTs to your KK instrument.

In the attached image you can see what happens when opening a project with KK instruments after a save and reload without adding any VST plugin.
At this stage all the instruments are still there and playing normally.
But if you do add a VST to an instrument, after a project Save and reload, this instrument will disappear.

So once again, try this on a test project.

The good news are that NI is aware of it and that there will be (hopefully) very soon an update.

** UPDATE**
I'm a bit confused , today I can add a VST to the instruments and they reload properly after a project save, close and reload.
The "Instance" windows still shows "No instrument loaded" for all, but all instruments with or without VSTs are there.
No Idea what happened yesterday.
Sorry about that.
post edited by Jazzy2040 - 2018/04/19 22:51:33

Reaper, Samplitude pro x3 suite, Cakewalk by BandLab, NI Komplete 10, Windows 10 v1803,
Asus ux501vw, I7-6700HQ @ 2.60GHz , 16GB.
RME Babyface Pro, Komplete Kontrol S25, Impact LX25+.
 Retired musician, can't retire from music.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1