Trouble in Paradise. CB crashed brutally on me twice yesterday.

Author
iRelevant
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 430
2018/04/11 16:29:05 (permalink)

Trouble in Paradise. CB crashed brutally on me twice yesterday.

Hello, would just like to mention how CB crashed real hard on me yesterday : 

I don't really know where to post crash/bug reports, so I just give details here. 

The system I was working on was a Lenovo X201 with Win7x64 SP1, 8GB Mem, 250 GB SSD. AKAI EIE pro USB2 sound card.

Everything just crashed ... and multiple windows came up with all kind of warnings ... some from CB som from MS. Mouse froze.

I managed to send a crash report for one of the crashes ... some CB dialogue box came up ... and I accepted to send report. 

I'm not able to upload the screen dumps with info that I was able to capture, but sketchy it goes like this : 

First crash : Teleport Server has stopped working, Problems signature : Application Name : BitBridge.exe
Second crash : Error - Unhandled Exception, A fatal error has occurred. Module: C:\Windows\System32\mfc140u.dll

I might mention that the project I was porting over from SPLAT to CB contained a fair amount of 32-Bit plugins.

5 Replies Related Threads

35mm
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1105
    Re: Trouble in Paradise. CB crashed brutally on me twice yesterday. 2018/04/11 17:32:14 (permalink)
    Most crashes are caused by plugins or drivers - particularly audio drivers. Your two errors seem to be related to both!

The first crash relates to BitBridge.exe which handles 32bit plugins. The second crash relates to mfc140u.dll which looks like some kind of driver file. Further checking, I think it relates to Visual C++ library.

Splat, Win 10 64bit and all sorts of musical odds and sods collected over the years, but still missing a lot of my old analogue stuff I sold off years ago.
    Cactus Music
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: Trouble in Paradise. CB crashed brutally on me twice yesterday. 2018/04/11 17:41:08 (permalink)
    As said for sure a 32 bit plug in was involved,, no suprise there, it's why I and most people no longer use them. 
    Not sure about the second one but I do know that Akai doesn't write very good ASIO drivers so no suprise there as well if it was the audio interface driver. 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Studioguy1
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 244
    Re: Trouble in Paradise. CB crashed brutally on me twice yesterday. 2018/04/11 17:51:03 (permalink)
    Has anyone figured a simple way to keep your exisiting Sonar Platinum installation and also install the new MusicLab install without conflicts?  I am still a little nervous about losing many, many years of installs with a new conflict, if that so exists.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Current happy user of Cakewalk by BandLab;
    Former Sonar Platinum lifetime plan;
    Okie Duke, The Duke Of The Lehigh Valley
    Sound Syndicate Studios-Recording and Production
    HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC 8 Gb ram
    Windows 7 Premium (x64) Service Pack 1
     2.20 gigahertz Intel Core i7-2670QM
    Hitachi [Hard drive] (750.16 GB)
    - 2 Tb external Drive - U-Phoria UMC204HD usb - Triton Keyboard - and much more.
    Blue Clown Records Ltd
    Blue Clown Publishing BMI
    Okie Duke Promotions Ltd
    iRelevant
    Re: Trouble in Paradise. CB crashed brutally on me twice yesterday. 2018/04/11 18:29:05 (permalink)
    35mm
    Most crashes are caused by plugins or drivers - particularly audio drivers. Your two errors seem to be related to both!

The first crash relates to BitBridge.exe which handles 32bit plugins. The second crash relates to mfc140u.dll which looks like some kind of driver file. Further checking, I think it relates to Visual C++ library.

Thanks for the feedback. It's a project that have passed from Sonar VS to SPLAT, and now CB. A messy project, maybe something has also gone wrong in the different version conversions ? My main problem was to get Rapture LE (From Sonar VS) to work. Gave it up. Tested the plug-in in a fresh CB project, and it works fine there. 

Could you refer me to some information about how the BitBridge is working, and would there be any point in getting the much talked about jBridge ? I'm a die-hard 32-bit user making my first stumbling steps.
    iRelevant
    Re: Trouble in Paradise. CB crashed brutally on me twice yesterday. 2018/04/11 18:41:51 (permalink)
    Cactus Music
    As said for sure a 32 bit plug in was involved,, no suprise there, it's why I and most people no longer use them. 
    Not sure about the second one but I do know that Akai doesn't write very good ASIO drivers so no suprise there as well if it was the audio interface driver. 

I think you have a good point there about the quality of the Akai drivers, it's been troublesome all along. Thanks for reminding me. It's cute, but yeah ... reliability is king ... I guess it's on it's way out. 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1