Melodyne Tempo Editing

Author
superdan54
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 526
2018/04/13 05:02:36 (permalink)

Melodyne Tempo Editing

Having major problems using Melodyne's Tempo Editor (stand-alone program).  It seems no matter what I import, it never correctly detects the first beat of the song, and even though I've recorded the project with a metronome in SONAR, it adds little spikes and dips in the tempo at various intervals. 

The other major problem I'm having is that if I alter the tempo even slightly, it introduces some major phasing issues on the track. Has anyone had success using Melodyne to edit & alter tempos and could give some tips? 

1 Reply Related Threads

azslow3
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3297
    Re: Melodyne Tempo Editing 2018/04/13 07:47:14 (permalink)
    It took me several times reading the manual + watching related tutorials before I have managed just extract correct tempo for the first time
    I recommend to get throw Assign and then Modify sections in the manual till you understand what every operation does, so when and how to use them.
    My major mistakes was:
    1) working with tempo editing without checking it is assigned correctly
    2) using tempo editing on places where note editing should be used (f.e to change the length of a note).

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
    GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
    RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1