Mackie C4 can only control first ProChannel module

Author
msmcleod
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 920
2018/04/16 19:00:52 (permalink)

Mackie C4 can only control first ProChannel module

In EQ or Dynamics mode on the Mackie C4 you can only see the first ProChannel module.

The Set up/down buttons walk though other plugins, but only ever select the very first ProChannel module in the chain.

I know this has been raised in the past, but it was a while ago.... could this be fixed?

Thanks,

Mark.

12 Replies Related Threads

bitman
    Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4105
    Re: Mackie C4 can only control first ProChannel module 2018/04/16 19:51:44 (permalink)
    Console view or the inspector prochannel window on the left?
    azslow3
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3297
    Re: Mackie C4 can only control first ProChannel module 2018/04/16 20:02:27 (permalink)
    msmcleod
    I know this has been raised in the past, but it was a while ago.... could this be fixed?

Theoretically that can be fixed... Back in time I have asked if someone is ready to cooperate for that (I do not have C4 and there is no software emulators for it).

Practically, there are many bugs in Sonar/CbB control surface part for ProChannel (in general and in particular method used by MackieControl to access plug-ins). There was no volunteers and I have other priorities at the moment.

If your target are just EQ and Platinum stock Compressors, in any ProChannel position, you can try http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,341.0.html  But I do not remember wether it helps C4 (was written for and tested with MCU only). If you target other modules, there is no known solution.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
    GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
    RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    msmcleod
    Re: Mackie C4 can only control first ProChannel module 2018/04/16 21:18:38 (permalink)
    azslow3
    msmcleod

Theoretically that can be fixed... Back in time I have asked if someone is ready to cooperate for that (I do not have C4 and there is no software emulators for it).

Practically, there are many bugs in Sonar/CbB control surface part for ProChannel (in general and in particular method used by MackieControl to access plug-ins). There was no volunteers and I have other priorities at the moment.

If your target are just EQ and Platinum stock Compressors, in any ProChannel position, you can try http://www.azslow.com/index.php/topic,341.0.html  But I do not remember wether it helps C4 (was written for and tested with MCU only). If you target other modules, there is no known solution.

Hi Azslow,

If you think it's possible to fix, I may have a go at it myself. 

Is the relevant revision in your github history? If so, I'll take a look.

I've only just got my C4 - it arrived this afternoon, so I'm just getting used to it.

If you do find you have time to look at it, I'd be happy to work with you and/or write a C4 emulator if it helps.

Thanks,

Mark.
    Jesse G
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4282
    Re: Mackie C4 can only control first ProChannel module 2018/04/16 23:24:43 (permalink)
    In EQ or Dynamics mode in Sonar back in the day was used to see the Time works plugins as they were the default EQ and Comp for sonar, Since Sonar has changed so much over the years, the In EQ or Dynamics were overlooked.

In Cakewalk Platinum now, only the first plugin in Pro channel can be seen, however, on a audio track, all of your plugins may be seen.

Peace,
    Jesse G. A fisher of men  <><
    ==============================
    Cakewalk and I are going places together!

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
    azslow3
    Re: Mackie C4 can only control first ProChannel module 2018/04/17 06:18:50 (permalink)
    msmcleod
    Is the relevant revision in your github history? If so, I'll take a look.

Yes. If you need some explanations for it, let me know.

Jesse G
    In EQ or Dynamics mode in Sonar back in the day was used to see the Time works plugins as they were the default EQ and Comp for sonar, Since Sonar has changed so much over the years, the In EQ or Dynamics were overlooked.

In Cakewalk Platinum now, only the first plugin in Pro channel can be seen, however, on a audio track, all of your plugins may be seen.

The mod I have linked solves exactly that problem, and included INI are for modern ProChannel EQ/Comp.

RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
    www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
    Jesse G
    Re: Mackie C4 can only control first ProChannel module 2018/04/18 23:16:05 (permalink)
    Azlow3,

Thanks for the modification.

Have you thought about making a video tutorial for this and adding it to YouTube because I hate reading.... I like watching tutorial videos much better, so I can rewind them over and over again.....   

Gonna try it tonight

Peace,

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
    Jesse G
    Re: Mackie C4 can only control first ProChannel module 2018/04/19 00:34:39 (permalink)
    I implemented Azlow3's MCU modification and it works great. 

I now have EQ and Compression by using the Mackie Control DYN and EQ button in Pro Channel just like  back when the Time Works plugins were included with Sonar.

The website, states the plugins are now 64 bit. ~~~>  SONIC TIMEWORKS
    Should I try to install them...,  I don't think I will.

Thanks again Azlow3

Peace,

msmcleod
    Re: Mackie C4 can only control first ProChannel module 2018/04/19 00:40:27 (permalink)
    Jesse - is this using the C4, or the MCU ?

I've not had a chance to try out the C4 yet, but glancing at the code it seems Azslow's implemented it in a fairly generic place.

M.
    msmcleod
    Re: Mackie C4 can only control first ProChannel module 2018/04/19 08:49:16 (permalink)
    It's just occurred to me... you must be using the MCU, as the MackieControlC4 is a separate DLL, which I'll need to build myself.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to build it and try it out later today.
    azslow3
    Re: Mackie C4 can only control first ProChannel module 2018/04/19 11:52:39 (permalink)
    Where you have found MackieControlC4 DLL? To work with MCU and XT, it has to be the same DLL (that is how separate instances communicate).

msmcleod
    Re: Mackie C4 can only control first ProChannel module 2018/04/19 12:05:44 (permalink)
    azslow3
    Where you have found MackieControlC4 DLL? To work with MCU and XT, it has to be the same DLL (that is how separate instances communicate).

Yeah, realised that when I compiled it! It's just the one DLL.

I've tried out the C4 with your latest dyneq branch, plus my "Double Click Selects Track" changes (this mod isn't needed for the Mackie MCU, but it is for my Korg nanoKontrol Studio).

There's one small issue, in that the DYN button brings up the EQ, and the EQ button brings up the compressor but apart from that it works perfectly, and to be honest I can live with this small quirk.

Thank you Azslow

Mark.

Jesse G
    Re: Mackie C4 can only control first ProChannel module 2018/04/20 01:03:36 (permalink)
    msmcleod
    Jesse - is this using the C4, or the MCU ?

I've not had a chance to try out the C4 yet, but glancing at the code it seems Azslow's implemented it in a fairly generic place.

M.

MSMCloud,

I am using the Mackie Control Universal.

Peace,

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1