Cakewalk by Bandlab - Metronome issue and settings

Author
simbar1959
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14
2018/04/18 05:21:47 (permalink)

Cakewalk by Bandlab - Metronome issue and settings

Hello,

I have recently installed the new Cakewalk by Bandlab version on my PC, I am\was a Sonar Platinum user.

Couplef things:

The Metronome is being strange - on the default template (the new default) the metronome works until I say please give me 2 Bar count in -even if I set it back to 0 the Metronome does not work - anybody else got this issue. I have tried creating a new template but the same issue happens

Secondly - the new install seems to ignore my Platinum startup choices - ie my templates- it shows existing project files - what I mean here is the old Platinum startups are not appearing.

This seem to be a new install as my old platinum works - and it did talk about using existing settings but it seems not everything comes across as expected.

5 Replies Related Threads

pwalpwal
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3249
    Re: Cakewalk by Bandlab - Metronome issue and settings 2018/04/18 11:50:05 (permalink)

just a sec

Cactus Music
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8424
    Re: Cakewalk by Bandlab - Metronome issue and settings 2018/04/18 15:55:40 (permalink)
    Templates have to be manually transfered from Sonar folder to the Cakewalk folder. 
    it's one of the things that does not get automaticly ported on any new version as always. 
    Try toggling the BYPASS effects in the master buss. It's a known bug and this often brings the metronome back and no one knows why. 

Johnny V  
    Cakelab  
    Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
    3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
     http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

simbar1959
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14
    Re: Cakewalk by Bandlab - Metronome issue and settings 2018/04/19 20:56:31 (permalink)
    Thank you all - I noticed that the Effect Bypass was enabled when I opened up the CbB template I modified (I did not set this) I turned it off and the metronome now works.

And in relation to the templates - I was not aware that templates are not copied with new installations - in previous Sonar Platinum versions templates would have been included so this behaviour was not obvious to me.

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Cakewalk by Bandlab - Metronome issue and settings 2018/04/19 21:02:55 (permalink)
    simbar1959
    And in relation to the templates - I was not aware that templates are not copied with new installations - in previous Sonar Platinum versions templates would have been included so this behaviour was not obvious to me.

This is one of the differences between upgrades and updates. CbB is an upgrade not an update to SONAR Platinum. An upgrade is effectively a new product install. An update modifies an existing product.
    Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
    Cakewalk Staff
    • Total Posts : 6475
    Re: Cakewalk by Bandlab - Metronome issue and settings 2018/04/19 23:14:34 (permalink)
    Cactus Music
    Try toggling the BYPASS effects in the master buss. It's a known bug and this often brings the metronome back and no one knows why. 

Used to have a bug many years ago with global bypass also bypassing the metronome. I Fixed that in 2009 however. I tried several ways to get the metronome bypassed and couldn't reproduce this. If anyone knows a recipe let us know.

Noel Borthwick
    Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
    My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1