CbB still installs to C partition with no choice to put it somewhere else

Author
Positively Charged
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 744
2018/04/20 21:15:40 (permalink)

CbB still installs to C partition with no choice to put it somewhere else

Can we change that please? 

I try to keep all apps on a different partition, and only Cakewalk doesn't let me chose a different location.  That's so 1990s!

4 Replies Related Threads

James Argo
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 114
    Re: CbB still installs to C partition with no choice to put it somewhere else 2018/04/20 21:32:54 (permalink)
    I feel you, and I believe the option will be available in next release / update. But for now, CbB will install in drive C as default. Nothing you can do about it. For me, it's OK to install few hundred MBs in C as long as you can chose your Global Audio and Pic Cache folder in different partition in Preferences.

Cakewalk by BandLab!
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: CbB still installs to C partition with no choice to put it somewhere else 2018/04/20 21:34:30 (permalink)
    This is an early release version. You can either move it today by hand or wait for the version with the option to install in an alternate location.
    Magic Russ
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 412
    Re: CbB still installs to C partition with no choice to put it somewhere else 2018/04/20 23:10:08 (permalink)
    Does anybody know when the release version is set to be released?

Check Out my presets for Rapture Classic
    http://patcharena.com/dow...5c3a1a706c5f940397d297
    35mm
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1105
    Re: CbB still installs to C partition with no choice to put it somewhere else 2018/04/20 23:57:19 (permalink)
    Magic Russ
    Does anybody know when the release version is set to be released?

No. To be honest, right now I wouldn't want to be a dev at BL for any amount of money. I should think they have so much to do before they can even settle down into a development strategy that it must be a nightmare for them. They did a good job to show their commitment by releasing the early release of BL Cake as early as they did. Now they have to migrate all the user data, redo the site, redo and migrate or archive the forums and improve on Cake including all the legal stuff as well as rebuilding partnerships with 3rd parties all at the same time. I would say, they will probably do something soon, maybe on the monthly cycle, but I wouldn't expect any major improvements for a few months. I shouldn't think anyone at Cakewalk is booking their holidays yet and I completely respect them and appreciate them for that. It will take some patience on the part of us users to let them get into the pace of things. Perhaps the less pressure we put on them at the moment, the better things will be in the long term.

Splat, Win 10 64bit and all sorts of musical odds and sods collected over the years, but still missing a lot of my old analogue stuff I sold off years ago.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1