Console me, please: How do I know if my stuff will go to BandLab?

Author
Treefight
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 868
2018/04/26 04:56:02 (permalink)

Console me, please: How do I know if my stuff will go to BandLab?

Been a bit busy with personal stuff, now checking the transition stuff out, primarily the “auto tagging” of accounts by email to transfer all our goodies to BandLab's purview, and I’m a bit terrified. 12 years of cash, including the lifetime SPLAT updates, all counting on my email address?

Add to that the fact that just after the purchase, but before the account transfer methodology was announced, I changed my CW email (as part of an ongoing effort to escape the grips of a 90's-era address that had been my user name for so many other services), and I can see the future and I’m not confident.

It gets worse: when I saw I had to create a BL account, I did so with my new email, but THEN read I had to use my CW email. Because of my own user error, I had forgotten that I had already updated my CW email, so I immediately went back and changed my BL email to my (now) old CW email. Then, of course, I double-checked, realized what I had done, and reverted my BL email back to my newer CW email.

But my initial registration with BL was with my CW email of 11.5 years, though no longer accurate.

I can’t even follow myself at this point, and after switching my email address on BL twice, I fear the worst.

Sure, user error, fine, my fault. Doesn’t mean I deserve to lose it all (and I don’t think there’s much I haven’t bought - and most definitely I don’t want to lose a lifetime future updates).

This is my “War and Peace” version of asking when (if) we will be able to see our products on/in our BL accounts. Or will the usual CW user account site, which still has all my stuff there remain active... indefinitely?

And CC? Is that going the way of the dodo bird?

How will future updates be handed down?

Yeah, I know, there’s answers to all of these somewhere, but I know a few of you (John, Bitflipper, et al.) can console me in about three seconds with your institutional knowledge. I’ve frankly just had the worst two years of my life, with zero music, but the light is at the end of the tunnel, and it includes a brand new studio build from the ground up; if that light is a locomotive in the form of (non-DAW-related) technical bugs, it’s game over for me.

I’m already teetering. And if you’ve read this far, you’re as crazy as I am or maybe you care to help (?)

Whatever happens, you folks are the best.

Stuff.

2 Replies Related Threads

iRelevant
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 430
    Re: Console me, please: How do I know if my stuff will go to BandLab? 2018/04/26 05:48:02 (permalink)
    I don't think there is any need to be stressed out. Just make sure your CW and BL e-mail addresses are in sync. If you get any problem, just contact  BandLab. Their quite helpful and responsive. I had problems getting my CW address validated when setting up my BL account, but after contacting them ... it was sorted out in less than a day. Installing the new CbB  update was also without any problems. 

It may be wise of you to go to the https://www.cakewalk.com/My-Account/Products page and save a copy of your existing licenses in case of future trouble. BL is a totally new company, which haven't taken on the obligations of the old now defunct Cakewalk Inc company. I think it still is unclear how the new company will deal with the licenses issued by the old company, to the IP they now own. They have however promised that nobody will be left out in the cold with their latest Sonar Licenses.

- Sven

OS:Win7x64 SP1 CPU:i5/8GB/SSD DAWs : CbB, FLS, SO2, (Reaper) etc. To much Gear, not enough wires. 
    My Music : BandLab  https://www.bandlab.com/irelevant BandCamp : https://irelevant.bandcamp.com
    mudgel
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12010
    Re: Console me, please: How do I know if my stuff will go to BandLab? 2018/04/26 07:25:47 (permalink)
    The syncing of BandLab and Cakewalk hasn’t happened yet. It is still to be for sometime in the future. So don’t panic.

As for your past Cakewalk products why not download them. Access to your Cakewalk personal account is still available as are all your purchased programs that were available as downloads. While it’s great that it’s online I, like many others don’t rely on vendors to store our programs and data. You ever know what could happen.

Contact BandLab if you have any issues. They’re very responsive to requests and will help you out.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
    PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
    Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
    Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
    Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
    Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
    Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1