WTF !!!

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Zo
Max Output Level: -25 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5036
2018/04/26 00:25:35 (permalink)

WTF !!!

Wtf guyz , in what world are we living in !!!

Since few years , tired of PAris , stress, polution , mentality ect ...decided finally to go more green and go look for nature 

Found some beautyfull houses , but then  faced another issue : fields all around , and chemical treatment !! so i went  deep as you know me , documented myself , and the actual state is catastraphophic, studies , ALLL conduct to one statement : living near is a long term suicide, azmer, cancer, leucemia , birth issues ect ....

Wtf to live ? must  go border sea !!? 

Any people around can share its own experience ? any advise ? 'm literraly discouraged:(

For sale  (PM me) : transfert ilok included
Eventide Ultrachannel make offers
Softube Summit EQ
IK Neve 1081 , Neve precision Comp/Lim
EastWest Goshtwriter
Soundforge Pro 12

33 Replies Related Threads

eph221
    Max Output Level: -28.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4665
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/26 01:19:16 (permalink)
    Yes, either go to the mountains or go to the sea.  fuggedabout cities and suburbs

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*
     Is a lumineer a new dental appliance?  

i7 2.5 ghz
    32GB RAM
    WINDOWS 10
    My Ass
    Cubase 9.5

Zo
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/26 01:46:53 (permalink)
    Mountain was on my mind but one of my job is in paris ...

Softube Summit EQ
    EastWest Goshtwriter
    Soundforge Pro 12

bitman
    Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4105
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/26 02:31:46 (permalink)
    I ran away to the mountains in 93. Don't make money like in the city but the quality of life is better than there.

post edited by bitman - 2018/04/26 14:16:26
    eph221
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/26 03:50:30 (permalink)
    Your link is flagged by my malware software

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*

i7 2.5 ghz
    32GB RAM
    WINDOWS 10
    My Ass
    Cubase 9.5

eph221
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/26 03:50:31 (permalink)

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*

i7 2.5 ghz
    32GB RAM
    WINDOWS 10
    My Ass
    Cubase 9.5

Tom B
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 107
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/26 05:32:43 (permalink)
    eph221

Same here. My AV blocked some content from the web link as: "Web Attack: Fake Browser Update." 

- Tom B.
    See the new Cakewalk by Bandlab Forum - Jan 2019.
    MandolinPicker
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 720
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/26 13:11:24 (permalink)
    bitman
    I ran away to the mountains in 93. Don't make money like in the city but the quality of life is better than there.

This ^^^^^^

I worked 29 years in DC and lived in the suburbs. 'Good money' but high cost of living takes most of it. Retired and moved south into the mountains. Better quality of life, 'less money' but it goes a lot farther down here.

The Mandolin Picker
    "Bless your hearts... and all your vital organs" - John Duffy

"Got time to breath, got time for music!"- Briscoe Darling, Jr.

Windows 8.1, Sonar Platinum (64-bit), AMD FX 6120 Six-Core, 10GB RAM
    bitman
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/26 14:16:02 (permalink)
    eph221

No kiddin? Thanks.

bitflipper
    01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
    • Total Posts : 26036
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/26 15:17:00 (permalink)
    I moved from the city to the suburbs. Lower cost of living, less traffic. Then the suburb got expensive and congested, so I moved to a smaller city. Lower cost of living, less traffic. Now it's expensive and congested, too.

Why am I paying $2K a month for the convenience of living near a shopping mall? Time to move again. But to where? You'd think that living here in the wide-open western U.S. I'd have more options than Zo. Not so much.

The seaside isn't attractive because they're all going to die when the inevitable tsunami comes. The mountains are populated by meth kitchens and threaded by highways with death rates not seen anywhere outside of war zones. In between are yuppie enclaves where everyone looks alike and everyone drives the exact same car. Rural areas' saving grace is that the Fentanyl-fueled good ol' boys are physically further apart from one another.

I'd just hit the road and live in my van, except the acoustics are terrible in there.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
    JohnKenn
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1659
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/26 17:01:00 (permalink)
    I went with the sea in a rural area although the warnings are there about "the big one".  70 feet up on a cliff over the Pacific, so wasn't touched by the last tsunami. Figure if I go down, it was fun while it lasted. Looking toward the west and not a McDonalds or a strip mall in sight.

Other thing I did was to have a chamber facing the water that has heat and electric light, but nothing of anything technological crosses the threshold. Maybe an acoustic guitar, pen and paper at most (and a beer). This sets up an environment of peace and escape when needed because the vibe, mindset is already established. Did this also when living in cities if there was an extra room, so that solace and regeneration can be achieved in otherwise crazy environments.

Then meditation, however you define it or how you do it. Lifeline discipline to survive living in the fast lane.

Also as a side note, limit time watching TV

John
    eph221
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/26 17:33:38 (permalink)
    bitflipper
    I moved from the city to the suburbs. Lower cost of living, less traffic. Then the suburb got expensive and congested, so I moved to a smaller city. Lower cost of living, less traffic. Now it's expensive and congested, too.

Why am I paying $2K a month for the convenience of living near a shopping mall? Time to move again. But to where? You'd think that living here in the wide-open western U.S. I'd have more options than Zo. Not so much.

The seaside isn't attractive because they're all going to die when the inevitable tsunami comes. The mountains are populated by meth kitchens and threaded by highways with death rates not seen anywhere outside of war zones. In between are yuppie enclaves where everyone looks alike and everyone drives the exact same car. Rural areas' saving grace is that the Fentanyl-fueled good ol' boys are physically further apart from one another.

I'd just hit the road and live in my van, except the acoustics are terrible in there.

Bend, Oregon?

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*

i7 2.5 ghz
    32GB RAM
    WINDOWS 10
    My Ass
    Cubase 9.5

Starise
    Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7563
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/26 17:50:14 (permalink)
    Not familiar with France Zo. I don't know if you can get away from it. I live in the middle of a whole bunch of fertile farmland in a very small place that probably isn't considered a town but they did name it. A bank, a small store.

Guess what just happened? They put a small development (new houses) right over the hill. Luckily I'm up the hill and my back yard still faces farmland. Also fortunate the development isn't very big, maybe 15 houses. Still things seem to grow slowly. In 20 more years (or less) there will be a WalMart here.

Hard to escape pollution. World weather patterns and all. The Fukashima nuclear leak. Pacific fish anyone? When they spread manure here it can get pretty wicked. If they didn't do it the crops wouldnt be so nice. Only lasts a week or two. But Man.Pew.
    Cancer stats show it's everywhere. The only immunity is not to eat or drink anything....oh and don't go out.

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
    3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
    Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
     CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

ampfixer
    Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5508
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/26 19:25:57 (permalink)
    Canada has the least to offer IMO. We are a big country with a small population that is concentrated along the US border. If you don't live in a city or the surrounding burbs, you live in the bush. In many areas you face North and start walking until you find Polar Bears. There's no work outside of the populated areas unless you are a rancher, logger, miner or oil patch worker, and even those happen in very remote locations. It's really hard to live in the country unless you want to drive an hour or two for work every day. If I drive West it takes me a day an a half just to reach the next province.

Regards, John 
     I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
    WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
    sharke
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13933
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/26 23:58:03 (permalink)
    You don't have a grandfather with a small log cabin in the Alps you could impose yourself on? Perhaps with an annoying goat boy who runs around yelling "hoop-la"? Shame. 

James
    Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
    sharke
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/26 23:59:46 (permalink)
    Starise
    Not familiar with France Zo. I don't know if you can get away from it. I live in the middle of a whole bunch of fertile farmland in a very small place that probably isn't considered a town but they did name it. A bank, a small store.

Guess what just happened? They put a small development (new houses) right over the hill. Luckily I'm up the hill and my back yard still faces farmland. Also fortunate the development isn't very big, maybe 15 houses. Still things seem to grow slowly. In 20 more years (or less) there will be a WalMart here.

Hard to escape pollution. World weather patterns and all. The Fukashima nuclear leak. Pacific fish anyone? When they spread manure here it can get pretty wicked. If they didn't do it the crops wouldnt be so nice. Only lasts a week or two. But Man.Pew.
    Cancer stats show it's everywhere. The only immunity is not to eat or drink anything....oh and don't go out.

I think the thing we have to remember is that despite the pollution and nastiness and cancer this and cancer that, we're still living lives which on average are twice as long as they were 200 years ago. Life expectancy just keeps going up. 

James
    Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
    Zo
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/27 00:02:49 (permalink)
    Thks Guyz for your inputs !! Well today i had a talk with the farmer exploiting the area , he's supa cool , and answered all my questions , he doesn't deny the use of pesticides ..but he also pointed all the last technc put togther snce several years , there's definitly a move , but as usual the push of evil immense groups like mosento ect ....that lobby brussels and put puppets like Marcron (ex roscthild banker in countries).

The guy selling the house would be ok to make ('ll pay for iit) tests via laboratory ...i also studied some studies inUS and egypt around kids living near those aeras and diabeth and other stuff are clearly super high versus other kids ...

The other option is sea , but wife wanna stay kinda near her mum , it drives me nutt but  understand , n the south of France life is super smooth but not a lot of job and (artistic moves) , old population , concentration of ex coloniasm racist dudes ect  

I don't care but i need to think about kids , for school , universty , opportuntes , even hospitals (looks like medical desert around, better not be hill).

So far what's supposed to be a posiitiv new adventure looks like a nightmare !!

Softube Summit EQ
    EastWest Goshtwriter
    Soundforge Pro 12

Jyotishvarii
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 87
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/27 01:24:33 (permalink)
    I give a second thumbs elevated to JohnKenns counsel   Meditation as a die hard discipline  Surrender in stillness to whatever saviour floats your boat  Limit TV exposure  The notion of a contemplative chamber is interesting as we cant see the ocean from our place outside Atlanta but have a room overlooking the hills  Beautiful and peaceful on misty mornings  I will follow through on this  Thank you  Great idea

The only thing I can add is if you got to get somewhere drive a car walk crawl through a scorching desert if you have to  Dont subject yourself to the horror of airline transportation
    JohnKenn
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/27 02:52:53 (permalink)
    Hey Miss Divine Light,

Thank you for the thumbs wherever you are, wandering across the tundra. Sprouts gots to be a hard sell in your tour but have an idea about what you are trying to do while bringing in a few more dollars to the family. The digestive tract of a cannibal is geared toward quick death and decay, merciful elimination from the gene pool as we try to evolve. My buddy Jesus said that the body of a meat eater is like a tomb covered in perfumes outside, but filled with filth and abomination inside.

Change however any of the warriors dietary habits too fast and they can't adjust, and they end up in worse shape than they already are, even if the transition is in the proper direction.  Unable to extract nutrition from a more subtle source for awhile although it will happen. Slow and gradual transition to sunlight my advice. Don't flog them too quick even if you are on the higher ethical edge of the spectrum.

Love you,
    John
    joakes
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 905
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/27 05:56:50 (permalink)
    The only problem living in a village in France is the ADSL service is lousy.

I am at the end of a line in a small village and its like waiting for paint to dry sometimes......

But two minutes walk and i’m in the vineyards, so..... no real complaints !

Jerry

Built by yours truely : I7-2600@3.4GHz, Asus P67Z68, W10x64 Creator Edition, 32GB RAM, 3 HD's, nVidia 760 GT, Focusrite 18i20 2,d Gen + Ti FW, Oxygen 61 iv Gen, and Edirol SD-20 (yes it works), CbB, Teles, Strats, LP's, Epi Riviera, etc
    Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/27 12:06:56 (permalink)
    The thought of living in a rural area in central Europe without having to tolerate farming chemicals practically everywhere, in massive quantities, sounds more or less utopistic, or ???
    Up here in the north we need to use radically less insectisides and pesticides, because the winter keeps the insect populations and diseases a bit in order.
    But the real curse is the change in farming methods, everybody uses this RoundUp-type chemical nowadays to avoid moving the soil in the autumn. It should be banned worldwide, immediately. We're losing birds, bees and other insects.

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    Starise
    Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7563
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/27 14:28:34 (permalink)
    sharke
    Starise

I think the thing we have to remember is that despite the pollution and nastiness and cancer this and cancer that, we're still living lives which on average are twice as long as they were 200 years ago. Life expectancy just keeps going up. 

Tough to outlive Methuselah. Who knows? Maybe. 

Anyways. Interesting views of South France and Canada. I read a fair amount. Some of it is worth reading. In one view  cities were never the intended way for humans to live. They were supposed to spread out over larger areas in smaller, more sustainable groups.

I don't think they will ever go away though.

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
    3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
    Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
     CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

JohnKenn
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/27 17:01:25 (permalink)
    Reminds me of an experiment they did in the 70's with a lot of mice.
    The mice were okay doing their rodent thing.
    A replica was built to scale of a section of New York City with high rise apartments and moved the mice in.
    All sort of aggressive and perverted behavior quickly started to develop.
    Davey Crockett said that when he could see the smoke from a neighbor's chimney, it was time to move on.
    Zo
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/27 21:27:57 (permalink)
    I like this quote John ...

Softube Summit EQ
    EastWest Goshtwriter
    Soundforge Pro 12

JohnKenn
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/28 01:15:40 (permalink)
    Zo,

One element in surviving modern civilization is missing.

It is intense. It is painful. It is not a lot of fun. It goes against everything you have been taught.

Fasting for toxin elimination. Can give you rationale down to biochem support if you want, but this is where the rubber meets the road.
    Our bodies are a toxic waste dump of crap we have ingested or breathed in. Cumulative over a lifetime. We are poisoned. Half life of DDT would take us 5000 years to eliminate if all exposure was to stop. Just an example.

My crazy childhood in the 1950's. We got off from school and ran to the shoe stores so we could play with the X-Ray machines that showed how your feet would fit in shoes. Our equivalent of a video game to wiggle your toes and watch your bones. Then if it was on the correct day of the week, the DDT truck would be out to spray everything. Beautiful white opaque clouds of poisons. Goal was to ride our bikes through the clouds and try not to collide with each other.

Purification of our structure as much as we can eliminate, is most efficiently achieved by periodic fasting. Can elaborate if anyone is remotely interested. Reinforce that this is the ultimate regimen to clean out and extend life, but not a whole lot of fun.

John
    Zo
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/29 21:32:01 (permalink)
    True ...

Softube Summit EQ
    EastWest Goshtwriter
    Soundforge Pro 12

Linear Phase
    Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2201
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/29 22:10:57 (permalink)
    I would love to move to the mountains but I am not the type of person who can be isolated like that.  I must, must, must be around lots of people.

I think, growing up in New York City like I did, makes it hard for me to be in small towns.  Even where I live now - a city of 60/70 thousand..   feels like a small town.

The smallest town I was ever in, had a population of 7.   It is in South Dakota - I forget the name of the town

Edit =

I've also been to Yeehaw Junction.   Nope, I wouldn't want to live there
    https://en.wikipedia.org/...ehaw_Junction,_Florida

too many lasers...

Sonar = audio editing ninja of a music software!

bitman
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/29 22:51:41 (permalink)
    I spent 22 years in So. Cal with all those people and not until we started doing ski vacations to the local mountain did we realize we didn't like the hustle bustle of city life. My wife is a So cal native.

We just went down to Denver to do some official business after not venturing out of our mountain area all winter. Wow what a full frontal assault of humanity! - Gotta get back to the woods. I'm a jumpy type A personality who after being surprised by little more then moose, hate cars seemingly coming from all directions. My reactions are slowing as I age so that may exasperate the situation. I presume after some time I would get back in the groove. But it is so quiet and peaceful right now as I type this........ what was that!
    sharke
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/30 01:38:25 (permalink)
    Sleeping in the mountains just makes me remember I have tinnitus :(

James
    eph221
    Re: WTF !!! 2018/04/30 02:46:56 (permalink)
    Linear Phase
    I would love to move to the mountains but I am not the type of person who can be isolated like that.  I must, must, must be around lots of people.

I think, growing up in New York City like I did, makes it hard for me to be in small towns.  Even where I live now - a city of 60/70 thousand..   feels like a small town.

The smallest town I was ever in, had a population of 7.   It is in South Dakota - I forget the name of the town

Edit =

I've also been to Yeehaw Junction.   Nope, I wouldn't want to live there
    https://en.wikipedia.org/...ehaw_Junction,_Florida

Take the middle path in everything you do.

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*

i7 2.5 ghz
    32GB RAM
    WINDOWS 10
    My Ass
    Cubase 9.5

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1