Geronimo Cowboys.

Author
MarkusClinus
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 710
2018/04/30 23:25:31 (permalink)

Geronimo Cowboys.

Over the past 15 years, we have recorded four cd's worth of music. Geronimo Cowboys was made up of three people , Mike Vlahakis, Earl Foote and me, who met on a website called vs planet around fifteen years ago. Me and Mike wrote all of the tunes. Mike plays bass guitar, I play all the guitars and Earl plays keys and all of the slide guitars. The vs planet was a site dedicated to Roland vs recorders - at the time a lot of us were using vs1680's.

The first couple of songs we did were recorded entirely on the vs 1680's. Shortly after that, I changed to Cakewalk and have been a Cakewalk user ever since.

Yesterday, Mike e-mailed me and let me know that we had recorded four cd's worth of music and he had put all of our tunes together in cd format and put them on a music site.

For anyone interested, here are all four of our cd's.

https://geronimocowboys.bandcamp.com/

Mark
(formerly CLEAN)
THE PUGTONES

2 Replies Related Threads

montezuma
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2520
    Re: Geronimo Cowboys. 2018/05/01 08:36:18 (permalink)
    That's interesting. I listened to a few tracks from the 1st and 4th albums there. So you all sent files/ tracks online hey? Who had the vs1680? How do you feel when you listen back to all this?
    MarkusClinus
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 710
    Re: Geronimo Cowboys. 2018/05/01 23:26:18 (permalink)
    thanks montezuma for taking the time to listen. Initially, we all had 1680's - but over the years we all went to
    DAW's. The three of us have never actually met in person, I live in California, Mike is in Chicago and Earl is in Houston.

Although this isn't really representative of the kind of music I play today - I think we actually put out some pretty interesting music. Some of it is a bit raw - but all in all I'm proud of what we did.

Mark
    (formerly CLEAN)
    THE PUGTONES

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1