Helpful ReplyHoly Moly

Author
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
2018/05/07 19:00:15 (permalink)

Holy Moly

It's better than having a mod piss on your chips.

bapu
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 86000
JohnKenn
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1659
Re: Holy Moly 2018/05/07 21:23:45 (permalink)
Paulo,
Thanks for the tip. Looks like good stuff. I actually feel worse for the poor guy than for my locked thread.
Can probably come up with a gentle laxative to help watch dogs at the top loosen up a bit.
John
Jyotishvarii
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 87
Re: Holy Moly 2018/05/07 22:25:13 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby SteveStrummerUK 2018/05/10 00:07:40
Ill provide a stronger laxative and a garden hose for an enema  This chaps my grits  I have not been here long enough to know the ropes but this so called moderator has a lot to learn  Corrective action is a progressive series of steps  If the content was not overly offensive then a gentle warning to get back with the program was warranted You dont go in and slam down a communication just because you have the power to do so

Perhaps the context of the way a specific faith dealt with the application was misinterpreted as a slam on the faith but I see it differently The Solfeggio frequencies have been a riot of controversy long before you were born and shall continue to be a source of debate long after you are dead The examples given are a case study of the power of suggestion in the face of complete tactical failure We need more data like this to sort out the truth The discussion you locked goes way beyond what was happening in your gut at the time you turned the lights out

The Solfeggios are independent of race religion culture gender affiliation To end a discussion because it is offensive to you without trying to mend the discussion is a sad thing and does not do a whole lot to elevate your credibility

There  do I now get myself banned for disagreeing with a plugged up moderator

Hugs and kisses
Jyotishvarii
Leadfoot
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2817
Re: Holy Moly 2018/05/07 23:13:48 (permalink)
It wasn't really the moderator's fault. I reported this post by tobiaslindahl:

"I don't understand any of this, but rest asured, levitation and tounge speaking will happen no matter what frequencies or tones you play. The imagination of the religious are powerful so go ahead and just tell them you use magic notes and watch them all fly fly away while talking gobbledygook ...."

Now I don't go in for the speaking in tongues stuff either, but I felt that what he said was harsh and over the line. I was enjoying the discussion as well as learning some things. I apologize that I inadvertently got the thread locked. I didn't want you taking it all out on Wookiee. I suppose any anger you have should be levelled at me.
Jyotishvarii
Re: Holy Moly 2018/05/07 23:41:06 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby SteveStrummerUK 2018/05/10 00:07:31
Leadfoot your transparency is deeply respected and you have every right to your action This says a lot about you my brother
My issue is with the moderator not doing his job to moderate with any semblance of wisdom intelligence or compassion  Whoever elected him to the post to reign over us made a poor choice. A moderator must live up to the standards of a moderator  There was no effort to mend the perceived fences just a brain dead drooling axe upon the topic
The dude has not banned me yet so there may still be hope
Leadfoot
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2817
Re: Holy Moly 2018/05/08 00:19:20 (permalink)
Thanks man, I appreciate your understanding. I PM'ed Wookiee and asked him if he would please unlock the thread. I'd like to learn more on the subject.
Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re: Holy Moly 2018/05/09 11:19:31 (permalink)
Jyotishvarii
Leadfoot your transparency is deeply respected and you have every right to your action This says a lot about you my brother
My issue is with the moderator not doing his job to moderate with any semblance of wisdom intelligence or compassion  Whoever elected him to the post to reign over us made a poor choice. A moderator must live up to the standards of a moderator  There was no effort to mend the perceived fences just a brain dead drooling axe upon the topic
The dude has not banned me yet so there may still be hope

For the record there is evidence that the word Holy is a miss-translation for the word healthy.

Also a "brain dead drooling axe upon the topic" would have been to delete it completely rather than just lock access along with those offending being banned for a suitable time frame.

As to who elected me, in 2015 when the  host's were introduced everyone who was a registered forum user was offered the opportunity to volunteer in a sticky post that appeared in all forums.  Consequently I am an unpaid volunteer who uses the Code of Conduct as a guide along with being a long time Cakewalk Software user.

Also Wookiee's do not wield axe's, they much prefer the subtle approach of limb removal followed by a practical beating of the owner of said limb around their head until the owner of said limb achieves a state of understanding.  We also do not drool or dribble unless it is over a beautiful hand crafted, unpainted, quality natural wood finished electric guitar.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
Jyotishvarii
Re: Holy Moly 2018/05/10 00:27:12 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mesh 2018/05/11 12:27:36
Wookie I have already apologized to you for my rant This was offered with sincerity and my resolve that I will be more compassionate going forward

You and me both just screwed up miserably in our reaction to the holy tones discussion  Both of us are the bad guys for our insensitivity  You messed up by slamming shut a valid discussion without taking progressive measures  I messed up my taking out my frustration on you  Only point of importance now is that you reopened the thread and I have asked for forgiveness  May we both proceed forward with a better outlook learning from this

For five some years I was a moderator for a busy holistic health site  I know how thankless the job of a moderator is  There is nothing you can do when it is needed to express authority that is not met with anger and hate mail
The site I was moderating had alternate healing broken down into so many categories  It took 5 moderators to monitor

Part of the administrative job was to move discussions to the appropriate place This was met with outrage even if you were trying to categorize topics for the best experience of the reader
You always had to be the adult in the room  The common rabble could go nuts  I would often want to blast some bastard to the netherlands but had to hold my cyber tongue The poster could be a kid but I had to be the mature and balanced voice of reason

To be a moderator I had to do an online training some of which was valuable establishing the perspective  I got to meet the other mods online and get their perspectives about the task ahead

The mantra was Moderator equals Moderation  This was both for the mod and the general public We had a three step tier of correction unless things were excessively violent or repulsive in which case a strong axe was appropriate  Rarely did this occur  It was accepted that conflict and name calling would happen My forum had much greater conflicts to deal with than this one

If the content were mildly offensive against our Standard of Ethics we would first gently inform the participant that their comments were drifting away from socially signed etiquette and ask the person to refocus  If the behavior continued a more stern warning was issued that the discussion would be locked and depending on the severity of the content the individual could be blacklisted  It took a majority vote after review to ban somebody This was mostly useless because the banned individual would just register in again with another alias There was always the option for the offender to re edit the post and retract the bad content and go on with the topic as usual

Sorry for any grief I have caused to any of you

Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re: Holy Moly 2018/05/11 10:00:06 (permalink)
Thank you Jyotishvarii, the apology is accepted if my giving of said apology appears a little late.

As you note moderating is a tricky business as whatever one does it frequently upsets someone even when no upset is intended.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
JohnKenn
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1659
Re: Holy Moly 2018/05/11 18:18:15 (permalink)
Wookie,
Me too a little late.  Sorry for being a jerk.
John
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1