Help me find recipe to repro ripple edit flaws [2 found]

Author
panup
Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2538
2018/05/18 20:08:37 (permalink)

Help me find recipe to repro ripple edit flaws [2 found]

I have a project going on where I use ripple edit mode to edit hour of speeches. While ripple editing works fine most of the time, it causes oddities and even crashes. 

Setup:
* "Ripple Edit All" mode.
* Latest CbB.
* One track, no fx.
* No tempo changes.

Smart Tool to Erase mode => Paint region and it will be deleted.

Problems:
- If painting area with more than one clip or one clip plus empty space on a track then ripple edit may not delete the hole entirely but only some clip (rightmost?).
- After using ripple edit for a long time CbB may crash (two crashes immediately after performing ripple edit so far in 5 hours of work).

I'd like to get an exact recipe to reproduce ripple edit flaws. Can you help me with this? I'm sure Noel & team would be delighted to get exact steps to catch and repair ripple edit.

post edited by panup - 2018/05/23 15:48:36

3 Replies Related Threads

ampfixer
    Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5508
    Re: Help me find recipe to repro ripple edit flaws (with Erase tool) 2018/05/20 18:18:33 (permalink)
    I'm doing a similar task with ripple edit. Editing narration from individual sessions that could be up to 2 hrs long. I have not had any crash issues while using ripple edit but it can mess things up if you're not careful. I constantly toggle RE on and off because if I do other tasks while it's active the results can get strange. 
    I have not had any issues with selecting across clip boundaries or blank areas. Whatever bit of the timeline I select will be deleted.
    Sorry I can't offer any more thoughts on your problem.

Regards, John 
     I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
    WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
    panup
    Re: Help me find recipe to repro ripple edit flaws (with Erase tool) 2018/05/23 15:47:56 (permalink)
    I found a way to reproduce the ripple edit crash. It's not Ripple Edit All but Ripple Edit Selection, though.

- Select Erase tool
    - Select Ripple edit selection
    - By holding the right mouse button down, select empty area in a track.
    => Crash.

I sent a bug report to Cakewalk.

panup
    Re: Help me find recipe to repro ripple edit flaws (with Erase tool) 2018/05/23 15:50:36 (permalink)
    Inconsistency:
    * Enable Ripple Edit All
    * Select Erase Tool

1. Erase clip + empty area => both are deleted
    2. Erase empty area => it gets deleted
    3. Erase empty area + clip => only clip gets deleted.
    Reported to Cakewalk.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1