Can't get rid of original endings with MIDI instruments

Author
mwmcbroom
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 100
2018/05/19 23:38:33 (permalink)

Can't get rid of original endings with MIDI instruments

Actually, I'm working from a Cakewalk .cwp file now, but the voices are still MIDI. I suspect the problem is an artifact or artifacts that got carried over from the original MIDI files from when I wrote these pieces. Erm, lemme back up. I actually wrote them in Band in a Box, but I don't like doing mix-downs in BiaB and I also like the instruments available to me from within SPlat just a whole lot more than what I have available within BiaB. So anyway, to get the pieces into Sonar, I have to save them as a MIDI files in BiaB and then open the MIDI files in Sonar. Which is where I do all my instrument selections and mix-downs and etc. But what I'm running into with a few of the pieces I'm working on is being unable to extend any of the instruments' sounds beyond a certain point, which is usually right where the original end of the piece is. For various reasons I would like to be able to extend some of my pieces an additional measure or three, but no matter what note time values I input into my instruments' tracks, the sound is cut off at these end spots.

I noticed there were some Pedals (with asterisks) featured in some of the pieces, and thinking the Pedals might have been the culprits, I deleted them all. And the asteriisks. Didn't make a difference.

So I checked in the MIDI event list for each instrument, and there's nothing there. Yet the event lists are clearly showing the note values that I've inputted to extend the endings. But this data is ignored -- even event list data is ignored?

So I'm just wondering what I've gotta do to get to the bottom of this. I'm kinda stumped right now. What am I missing?

This isn't really a trivial matter. The endings to these pieces are basically gonna suck until I can get this figured out. As always, your advice and assistance is greatly appreciated.

1 Reply Related Threads

chris.r
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 206
    Re: Can't get rid of original endings with MIDI instruments 2018/05/20 00:19:12 (permalink)
    check if the Control Change #7 (volume) or Control Change #11 (expression) values are not set to "0" by the end of your tracks
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1