Forgot How Enjoyable Matrix View Is

Author
Jesse G
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4282
2018/05/24 03:34:18 (permalink)

Forgot How Enjoyable Matrix View Is

I recently came a video on YouTube about Cakewalk Matrix View. I decided to watch it to rekindle an old flame I once had for it.
After viewing the video, I said to myself,  WOW, I do remember having a good time using Matrix View and having a good time and making nice sounds on the Fly.

If you get the change, take a look at the YouTube Tutorial on using Matrix

You can also read the article from the Sound On Sound Magazine site. Go to the bottom of the page, select the printer icon and click print.  Change the print option to print to PDF and save it on your computer to read at your convenience
post edited by Jesse G - 2018/05/24 04:20:35

Peace,
Jesse G. A fisher of men  <><
==============================
Cakewalk and I are going places together!

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/

4 Replies Related Threads

Anderton
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14070
    Re: Forgot How Enjoyable Matrix View Is 2018/05/24 16:48:28 (permalink)
    Thanks for plugging my article :)

A lot of people dismiss features like the Matrix View and Step Sequencers as being for EDM only, so they never find out what these types of features can do. 

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
    JoseC.
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 471
    Re: Forgot How Enjoyable Matrix View Is 2018/05/24 21:45:44 (permalink)
    I am too trying to get more from the Matrix view, but there are a couple of bumps there. The first is the integration with the Step Sequencer. Having to stop and restart to hear edits is not how things should work. Editing audio loops is other thing that should get some improvement.

I am finding some strange behaviour, too. I am currently working in a project that has just an eight bar section with five synth sequences, two software and two hardware synths. I have loaded a Matrix cell with a step sequencer pattern that plays a single bar of a very basic rythm that goes to another hardware module. Thing is that when I loop the sequences and launch the Matrix cell, after looping a number of times the Matrix pattern stops sounding for the whole eight bar loop and then resumes playing, loops along for what seems a random number of times and then goes silent again for exactly eight bars, and so it goes, playing and going quiet, in what seems completely random behaviour.
    msmcleod
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 920
    Re: Forgot How Enjoyable Matrix View Is 2018/05/25 08:22:00 (permalink)
    Anderton
    Thanks for plugging my article :)

A lot of people dismiss features like the Matrix View and Step Sequencers as being for EDM only, so they never find out what these types of features can do. 

+1 to this.

I'm totally rubbish at sweep picking, so I use the Step Sequencer for doing these.

I use Revalver's guitar modelling with a profile of my own guitar on one track, and a profile of Shreddage II on another, then set both to the same destination model (say LP Std or PR-24).

I run both of these through exactly the same patch in TH3, and both the real and step sequence performances sound like the same guitar.

M.
    Kamikaze
    Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3013
    Re: Forgot How Enjoyable Matrix View Is 2018/05/25 13:14:10 (permalink)
    Jesse, I saw your edits trying to imbed the video, but I was interrupted by my landlord before I could help out. You may find this of help.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1