all tracks now blank

Author
tdf
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19
2018/05/29 19:41:58 (permalink)

all tracks now blank

Last night working on an audio clip in a project, I began to slip edit the left edge to show the hidden data ( an ess sound), and the larger image in the clip – a waveform that was a word -started moving in unison with my dragging the clip edge to the left, but it was moving out of where it belonged and was moving to the right. I tried a few times, and since I had a duplicate of this track, I got that section from the other track and tried to move on. When I hit play, I got a track not responding thing and nothing happening and everything faded. I waited and then saved the file when it came back to full visually, then closed it. When I opened it up, I got “a corrupt audio region was detected and padded with silence”. I’ve seen this a few times over the years and expected that funny clip area to be blank, but the whole project is blank. This is 24 active audio tracks, 6 archived audio tracks, and oddly 2 midi archived tracks. All blank. Haven’t done anything new since 5.10 update and worked lots since then with no issues.  I tried opening it in splat but got the same blankness. The audio folder has lots of audio files, but many are bits and pieces due to how I was working, and I’m not sure all are there. I have a saved file 2 hours earlier saved so it’s not totally lost, but never had anything like this happen before and wouldn’t want this to happen again. Thanks for any help, Treesha
Asus laptop i7-6700, 16 GB, 64 bit, Win 10 Home 1803, Sonar platinum lifetime up to date, and CBB 24.02.1 build 31.

4 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: all tracks now blank 2018/05/29 21:09:21 (permalink)
    If the project makes sound but the waveforms in the clips are empty, open the picture folder (the path is in Preferences > File > Audio Data) and delete the contents of the folder.
    tdf
    Re: all tracks now blank 2018/05/29 23:17:51 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply. When i hit play nothing happens. No sounds or movement . I emptied the picture folder anyway, restarted the computer and still all blank with no sound. If i open one of the project audio folder wav files in sound forge it plays. No idea where the midi files went.
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: all tracks now blank 2018/05/29 23:34:03 (permalink)
    MIDI is stored in the project file. I suppose it could be a corrupted project file. Can't say I have ever experienced a failure like the one described above. When the transport does not run without notice it is often due to bad timing master settings in Preferences > Audio > Driver Settings but this sounds like something else. Maybe check the Windows logs for errors.
    tdf
    Re: all tracks now blank 2018/05/30 01:04:30 (permalink)
    Thanks, i dont know where or how to check the windows log, can you point me to something on that? Looking closer lots of the audio isnt in the folder as far as i can tell, and the midi tracks data are definately not in there. This computer is only on the internet for the updates etc as needed and not online in many weeks now.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1