Native Instruments Komplete 11 Ultimate Upgrade Question

Author
robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
2018/06/03 04:28:19 (permalink)

Native Instruments Komplete 11 Ultimate Upgrade Question

Hi - I have had Komplete 8 Ultimate since, I believe, prior to the shift to Native Access to install/update/upgrade components.

I just upgraded to Komplete 11 Ultimate, and it directs me to use Native Access for downloading and installing everything.

SO - here is my question - my Komplete 8 Ultimate sample libraries are currently in a folder named Komplete 8 - will Native Access be smart enough to put any library updates or new updates into the existing folder, or will it essentially duplicate everything that already exists?

Thanks, just don't want to have to mess around with 'fixing' things that have gone sideways, 

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  

11 Replies Related Threads

TheSteven
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2037
    Re: Native Instruments Komplete 11 Ultimate Upgrade Question 2018/06/03 08:39:20 (permalink)
    Minimize your issues by downloading and installing Native Access now before you attempt to install K11 and go under Preferences** and configure your File locations.
    Then let it sync with K8 installation.

**Click on the icon of the person in the upper right.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils" Loius-Hector Berlioz

www.AgitatedState.com MenuMagic - plug-in management powertools!
    My Tunes
    dcumpian
    Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4124
    Re: Native Instruments Komplete 11 Ultimate Upgrade Question 2018/06/04 12:31:35 (permalink)
    Bob,

K11 Ultimate comes on a portable hard drive. Once you install the latest Native Access (it works great now, BTW), you'll see all of the uninstalled content on the hard drive, once it is plugged in, as well as already installed content and any outstanding updates. Like Steven suggests, I recommend installing and running Native Access now, before you start installing K11U. Any content in K11U that you already have will only be updated if there is an update. In the "Uninstalled" section, you can choose what to install.

Native Access was pretty buggy a couple of years ago, but I have had zero issues with it over the last year.

Regards,
    Dan

Mixing is all about control.

My music:
    http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
    BobF
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8124
    Re: Native Instruments Komplete 11 Ultimate Upgrade Question 2018/06/04 13:57:26 (permalink)
    dcumpian
    Bob,

K11 Ultimate comes on a portable hard drive. Once you install the latest Native Access (it works great now, BTW), you'll see all of the uninstalled content on the hard drive, once it is plugged in, as well as already installed content and any outstanding updates. Like Steven suggests, I recommend installing and running Native Access now, before you start installing K11U. Any content in K11U that you already have will only be updated if there is an update. In the "Uninstalled" section, you can choose what to install.

Native Access was pretty buggy a couple of years ago, but I have had zero issues with it over the last year.

Regards,
    Dan

FYI - I purchased K11U last year in a chain of upgrades.  I did NOT get a hard drive.

Bob  --
    Angels are crying because truth has died ...
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    --
    Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
    Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
    Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

paulo
    Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6218
    Re: Native Instruments Komplete 11 Ultimate Upgrade Question 2018/06/04 20:33:53 (permalink)
    BobF
    dcumpian
    Bob,

Regards,
    Dan

FYI - I purchased K11U last year in a chain of upgrades.  I did NOT get a hard drive.

I purchased the HD for Komplete 11 and it still insisted on downloading absolutely everything again, so if it makes you feel better, you didn't miss anything. The downloads failed time and time again, usually quite near the end of something that had taken an hour or more to get that far and support was worse than useless. In case I should ever forget this I've re-named the NI folder to NA (Never Again).
    Jesse G
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4282
    Re: Native Instruments Komplete 11 Ultimate Upgrade Question 2018/06/04 20:59:54 (permalink)
    Check out this article from NI about the Komplete update process, it may help.

How to Download and Install Native Instrument Product Updates

Peace,
    Jesse G. A fisher of men  <><
    ==============================
    Cakewalk and I are going places together!

Cakewalk By Bandlab, Windows 10 Pro- 64 bit, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, Intel Core i5-4460 Haswell Processor, Crucial Ballistix 32 GB Ram, PNY GeForce GTX 750, Roland Octa-Capture, Mackie Big Knob, Mackie Universal Controller (MCU), KRK V4's, KRK Rockit 6, Korg TR-61 Workstation, M-Audio Code 49 MIDI keyboard controller.[/
    BobF
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8124
    Re: Native Instruments Komplete 11 Ultimate Upgrade Question 2018/06/04 21:56:26 (permalink)
    paulo
    BobF
    dcumpian
    Bob,

Regards,
    Dan

I purchased the HD for Komplete 11 and it still insisted on downloading absolutely everything again, so if it makes you feel better, you didn't miss anything. The downloads failed time and time again, usually quite near the end of something that had taken an hour or more to get that far and support was worse than useless. In case I should ever forget this I've re-named the NI folder to NA (Never Again).

Thanks, yes, that's better

My max downlink speed is 4Mb.  I still have 2 instruments that are ~30G each that I haven't downloaded yet.

End of the day, I really enjoy K11U.

Bob  --
    Angels are crying because truth has died ...
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    --
    Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
    Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
    Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

TheSteven
    Re: Native Instruments Komplete 11 Ultimate Upgrade Question 2018/06/04 23:00:59 (permalink)
    If you order for NI it's download.
    From vendor YMMV, from Time+Space it's HD

If you have the HD - the individual installers** are there and you can manually install them.
    **at least with K9 haven't gotten my K11 yet to verify but don't see why it would be different ie.  Native Access is still downloading EXEs

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils" Loius-Hector Berlioz

My Tunes
    dcumpian
    Re: Native Instruments Komplete 11 Ultimate Upgrade Question 2018/06/05 12:23:59 (permalink)
    paulo
    BobF
    dcumpian
    Bob,

Regards,
    Dan

I got the HDD when NI had their big sale last year. Native Access installed almost everything directly from the HDD except for a handful of plugins where the version on the HDD was older than what was available. I think less than 20GB was downloaded.

Regards,
    Dan

My music:
    http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
    TheSteven
    Re: Native Instruments Komplete 11 Ultimate Upgrade Question 2018/06/08 19:00:03 (permalink)
    dcumpian
    I got the HDD when NI had their big sale last year. Native Access installed almost everything directly from the HDD except for a handful of plugins where the version on the HDD was older than what was available. I think less than 20GB was downloaded.

Regards,
    Dan

I got the HD today. Plugged it in. Fired up N.A. and it came up asking for my serial #.
    On the installation page each product to be installed had an icon indicating whether the software would
    a) be installed from the hard drive
    b) installed from the hard drive and be updated from the web
       If you put your mouse over the icon it would give you detail eg 'there is a new version available. product will be installed from hard drive and a 148MB update will be downloaded' (wording as recalled)
    c) downloaded and installed

Clicked Install All and came back later and it was done.
    I found the whole process very intuitive and painless.

My Tunes
    dcumpian
    Re: Native Instruments Komplete 11 Ultimate Upgrade Question 2018/06/11 12:21:46 (permalink)
    TheSteven
    dcumpian

Regards,
    Dan

I got the HD today. Plugged it in. Fired up N.A. and it came up asking for my serial #.
    On the installation page each product to be installed had an icon indicating whether the software would
    a) be installed from the hard drive
    b) installed from the hard drive and be updated from the web
       If you put your mouse over the icon it would give you detail eg 'there is a new version available. product will be installed from hard drive and a 148MB update will be downloaded' (wording as recalled)
    c) downloaded and installed

Clicked Install All and came back later and it was done.
    I found the whole process very intuitive and painless.

That was my experience as well.

Dan

My music:
    robert_e_bone
    • Total Posts : 8968
    Re: Native Instruments Komplete 11 Ultimate Upgrade Question 2018/06/17 21:39:58 (permalink)
    For whatever the worth, I found out the hard way, that the Previews component has a NASTY habit of running into path length issues, if you have any kind of character length to the folder where you have it installing stuff, as specified in the options within Native Access.  Windows has an internal limit for how long a file/folder path can be, and it seems Previews has some paths it attempts to write during install, that are already pretty close to that max, and if your content path name is anything beyond a pretty small number of characters, then the Previews install will fail.

SO - I ended up renaming that content folder, from Native Instruments, to NI, and then the Previews component was able to successfully install, HOWEVER I then had to do the Relocate process for all of the already installed components, to get each installed component to be able to find its library again.  I have and now Komplete 11 Ultimate, so there are quite a few components to work through, but it doesn't take too long to do the Relocate process, to fix connection between each component and its library.

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
    Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
    Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
    Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
    MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
    Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1