Helpful ReplyVST Scan Paths and missing plugins (that still work?)

Author
andyjobson85
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 47
2018/06/07 16:29:08 (permalink)

VST Scan Paths and missing plugins (that still work?)

My VST scan paths are:
  • C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VstPlugins
  • C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
I used to have VX-64 vocal strip under 'Channel Strips' because I pulled it out of my Sonar Platinum installation and dropped it in the VST scan path, but it's no longer visible in the browser.

However, if I open a project that already had the VX-64 in one of the effects bins, it's still there and works, I just can't drop it into a new project.

I noticed that the VX-64 is actually in "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal" so although I don't know how Cakewalk knows about this (because it isn't on the scan path) I guess this is why it works in my old projects.

Whats also confusing is that the Sonitus plugins all work and are available in the browser, but aren't on the scan path either (they are in C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Plugins)

Have I missed some update news? I haven't really been paying attention... Or does anyone have any ideas on how I can get the VX-64 back in the browser?
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: VST Scan Paths and missing plugins (that still work?) 2018/06/07 16:45:26 (permalink)
If the plug-in shows up in projects but is missing from the browser it is likely an issue with the plug-in layout. Choose one of the "Sort by" layouts just below "Manage Layouts...." from the Browser Plugins tab menu. The files in the internal folder support PC modules, in this case style dials and the dlls supporting the style dials are added to the exclude list. This PC module path is silently added to the scan path while scanning. PC modules must be scanned just like VST plug-ins.
Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re: VST Scan Paths and missing plugins (that still work?) 2018/06/07 16:51:18 (permalink)
"C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal"  Cakewalk is aware of this as they are VSTs that are part of the internals of CbB and do not need to be included in the scan path.  They are also quite frequently locked to Cakewalk Products.

The Sonitus plugins are all DX plugs and as such do not require scanning Cakewalk was historically a DX and DXi only product and did not support VST FX or instruments.

For years now, I believe ever since SONAR XL Cakewalk have had a file tree structure that kept the common aspects above the Program Directory.  The Program directory held those bits unique to the release.

i.e. SONAR 8.5 Producer, SONAR X1 Producer, SONAR Platinum etc

Have you tried a Reset and Rescan in the Cakewalk Plugin Manger the VX-64 and associated files need to be in the 
C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal directory, before doing so.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re: VST Scan Paths and missing plugins (that still work?) 2018/06/07 16:51:48 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby krustywon1 2018/12/01 17:37:08
I just knew Scook would beat me to it.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
andyjobson85
Re: VST Scan Paths and missing plugins (that still work?) 2018/06/07 16:56:04 (permalink)
Wookiee

Have you tried a Reset and Rescan in the Cakewalk Plugin Manger the VX-64 and associated files need to be in the 

I've tried clicking 'reset' and rescanned within the Cakewalk preferences (not the plugin manager) but that made no difference.. Does the plugin manager behave differently?

Changing the layout of the browser (sort by type/manufacturer etc makes no difference)
scook
Forum Host
Re: VST Scan Paths and missing plugins (that still work?) 2018/06/07 17:00:03 (permalink)
I might not have had I added the bit about DX registration vs. VST scanning.
Wookiee
"C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal"  Cakewalk is aware of this as they are VSTs that are part of the internals of CbB and do not need to be included in the scan path.  They are also quite frequently locked to Cakewalk Products.

They do get scanned. There is a registry entry for the PC module path and it is silently added to the VST scan path.

Wookiee

The plug-in scanned successfully or it would not work in existing projects. This is why I suggested looking at the layout. A VST reset is not called for in this case.
scook
Forum Host
Re: VST Scan Paths and missing plugins (that still work?) 2018/06/07 17:02:59 (permalink)
search for vocal using one of the "Sort by" layouts.
scook
Forum Host
Re: VST Scan Paths and missing plugins (that still work?) 2018/06/07 17:06:53 (permalink)
andyjobson85
I've tried clicking 'reset' and rescanned within the Cakewalk preferences (not the plugin manager) but that made no difference.. Does the plugin manager behave differently?

Scanning from preferences is the preferred method, however; preferences and the Plug-in Manager both call the same vstscan.exe.

If you wish to create a scan log, hold the shift key while clicking the can button. If done correctly a message pops up like this

andyjobson85
Re: VST Scan Paths and missing plugins (that still work?) 2018/06/07 17:11:40 (permalink)
Nope, I can't get it to appear in any of the 'sort by' layouts, tried searching too. I've also just reset and rescanned everything via the plugin manager, but this made no difference. The plugin manager reports the scan paths as:
  • C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal
  • C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\VstPlugins
  • C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Anything else I could try?

EDIT:: I'll try generating a log
andyjobson85
Re: VST Scan Paths and missing plugins (that still work?) 2018/06/07 17:18:19 (permalink)
Here's the log:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
LogFile: C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\Logs\VstScan.log
Thursday, 07 Jun 2018, 18:12:32
Opened Log File -----------------------------
Command line: /Log/VSTRegPerUser/VSTRegKey:"Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64"/Background/NoRescanning/SONARHWND:984842
Flag: Log
Flag: VSTRegPerUser
Flag: VSTRegKey:"Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64"
Flag: Background
Flag: NoRescanning
Flag: SONARHWND:984842
-------- VST scan path's --------
c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal
c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins
c:\program files\common files\vst3
-----------------------------
------- 54 DLL's found -------
1: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\Console Emulator\Console Emulator Bus_64.dll
2: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\Console Emulator\Console Emulator Channel_64.dll
3: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\REmatrix Solo\REmatrix Solo-64.dll
4: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\StBoost\StBoos64.dll
5: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\StPX64\StPX6464.DLL
6: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\StTL64\StTL6464.DLL
7: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\StVX64\StVX6464.DLL
8: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\Tape Emulator\Tape Emulator-64.dll
9: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\BREVERB 2_64.dll
10: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\PCS-BusCM.dll
11: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\PCS-CakeSM.dll
12: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\PCS-GlossEQM.dll
13: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\PCS-NukeCM.dll
14: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\Saturation Knob.dll
15: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\BiFilter2\BiFilter2X64.dll
16: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Boost11\Boost11_64.dll
17: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\CA2ALevelingAmplifier\CA-2ALevelingAmplifier_64.dll
18: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Dimension Pro\Dimension Pro x64.dll
19: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Lounge Lizard Session\Lounge Lizard Session 4.dll
20: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Melodyne 4\Melodyne.dll
21: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nanotron2\Nanotron2.dll
22: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BlueVerb DRV-2080.dll
23: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Analog Chorus CH2S-3.dll
24: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Analog Phaser APH2S-3.dll
25: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Analog TrackBox.dll
26: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT BrickWall BW2S-3.dll
27: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Compressor CP2S-3.dll
28: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Compressor FA770-3.dll
29: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT DeEsser DS2S-3.dll
30: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Equalizer BQ2S-3.dll
31: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Equalizer BX2S-3.dll
32: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Equalizer GEQ12-3.dll
33: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Equalizer PEQ2B-3.dll
34: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Equalizer PEQ322-3.dll
35: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Equalizer PEQ5B-3.dll
36: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT ExpanderGate GX622-3.dll
37: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Limiter LM2S-3.dll
38: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Oilcan Echo TLE2S-3.dll
39: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Stereo Imager ST2S-3.dll
40: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Tempo Delay DL3D-3.dll
41: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT ValveDriver ADR2S-3.dll
42: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Overloud\TH2-64.dll
43: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Rapture\Rapture x64.dll
44: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\SI-Bass Guitar\SI-Bass Guitar.dll
45: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\SI-Drum Kit\SI-Drum Kit.dll
46: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\SI-Electric Piano\SI-Electric Piano.dll
47: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\SI-String Section\SI-String Section.dll
48: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\True Piano\TruePianos_x64.dll
49: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Addictive Drums 2.dll
50: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Addictive Keys.dll
51: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Xpand!2_x64.dll
52: c:\program files\common files\vst3\CA2ALevelingAmplifier\CA-2ALevelingAmplifier_64.vst3
53: c:\program files\common files\vst3\Celemony\Melodyne\Melodyne.vst3
54: c:\program files\common files\vst3\Overloud\TH3-64.vst3
-----------------------------
VSTSCAN: ******* Analyzing VST plugins...
VSTSCAN: ---- 1: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\Console Emulator\Console Emulator Bus_64.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\SHARED~2\internal\CONSOL~1\CONSOL~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/shared utilities/internal/Console Emulator/Console Emulator Bus_64.dll
VSTSCAN: Internal plugin previously scanned
VSTSCAN: WRITE VST DATA...
VSTSCAN: WRITE VST DATA - successfully updated VST plugin inventory record...
VSTSCAN: ---- 2: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\Console Emulator\Console Emulator Channel_64.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\SHARED~2\internal\CONSOL~1\CONSOL~2.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/shared utilities/internal/Console Emulator/Console Emulator Channel_64.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 3: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\REmatrix Solo\REmatrix Solo-64.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\SHARED~2\internal\REMATR~1\REMATR~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/shared utilities/internal/REmatrix Solo/REmatrix Solo-64.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 4: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\StBoost\StBoos64.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\SHARED~2\internal\StBoost\StBoos64.dll
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/shared utilities/internal/StBoost/StBoos64.dll
VSTSCAN: VST plugin previously scanned
VSTSCAN: ---- 5: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\StPX64\StPX6464.DLL ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\SHARED~2\internal\StPX64\StPX6464.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/shared utilities/internal/StPX64/StPX6464.DLL
VSTSCAN: ---- 6: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\StTL64\StTL6464.DLL ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\SHARED~2\internal\StTL64\StTL6464.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/shared utilities/internal/StTL64/StTL6464.DLL
VSTSCAN: ---- 7: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\StVX64\StVX6464.DLL ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\SHARED~2\internal\StVX64\StVX6464.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/shared utilities/internal/StVX64/StVX6464.DLL
VSTSCAN: ---- 8: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\Tape Emulator\Tape Emulator-64.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\SHARED~2\internal\TAPEEM~1\TAPEEM~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/shared utilities/internal/Tape Emulator/Tape Emulator-64.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 9: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\BREVERB 2_64.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\SHARED~2\internal\BREVER~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/shared utilities/internal/BREVERB 2_64.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 10: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\PCS-BusCM.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\SHARED~2\internal\PCS-BU~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/shared utilities/internal/PCS-BusCM.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 11: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\PCS-CakeSM.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\SHARED~2\internal\PCS-CA~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/shared utilities/internal/PCS-CakeSM.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 12: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\PCS-GlossEQM.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\SHARED~2\internal\PCS-GL~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/shared utilities/internal/PCS-GlossEQM.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 13: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\PCS-NukeCM.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\SHARED~2\internal\PCS-NU~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/shared utilities/internal/PCS-NukeCM.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 14: c:\program files\cakewalk\shared utilities\internal\Saturation Knob.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\SHARED~2\internal\SATURA~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/shared utilities/internal/Saturation Knob.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 15: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\BiFilter2\BiFilter2X64.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\BIFILT~1\BIFILT~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/BiFilter2/BiFilter2X64.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 16: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Boost11\Boost11_64.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\Boost11\BOOST1~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Boost11/Boost11_64.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 17: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\CA2ALevelingAmplifier\CA-2ALevelingAmplifier_64.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\CA2ALE~1\CA-2AL~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/CA2ALevelingAmplifier/CA-2ALevelingAmplifier_64.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 18: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Dimension Pro\Dimension Pro x64.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\DIMENS~1\DIMENS~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Dimension Pro/Dimension Pro x64.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 19: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Lounge Lizard Session\Lounge Lizard Session 4.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\LOUNGE~1\LOUNGE~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Lounge Lizard Session/Lounge Lizard Session 4.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 20: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Melodyne 4\Melodyne.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\MELODY~1\Melodyne.dll
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Melodyne 4/Melodyne.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 21: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nanotron2\Nanotron2.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\NANOTR~1\NANOTR~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Nanotron2/Nanotron2.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 22: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BlueVerb DRV-2080.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\NOMADF~1\BLUEVE~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Nomad Factory/BlueVerb DRV-2080.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 23: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Analog Chorus CH2S-3.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\NOMADF~1\BTANAL~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Nomad Factory/BT Analog Chorus CH2S-3.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 24: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Analog Phaser APH2S-3.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\NOMADF~1\BTANAL~3.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Nomad Factory/BT Analog Phaser APH2S-3.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 25: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Analog TrackBox.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\NOMADF~1\BTANAL~2.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Nomad Factory/BT Analog TrackBox.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 26: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT BrickWall BW2S-3.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\NOMADF~1\BTBRIC~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Nomad Factory/BT BrickWall BW2S-3.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 27: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Compressor CP2S-3.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\NOMADF~1\BTCOMP~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Nomad Factory/BT Compressor CP2S-3.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 28: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Compressor FA770-3.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\NOMADF~1\BTCOMP~2.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Nomad Factory/BT Compressor FA770-3.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 29: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT DeEsser DS2S-3.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\NOMADF~1\BTDEES~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Nomad Factory/BT DeEsser DS2S-3.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 30: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Equalizer BQ2S-3.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\NOMADF~1\BT3900~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Nomad Factory/BT Equalizer BQ2S-3.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 31: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Equalizer BX2S-3.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\NOMADF~1\BTEQUA~4.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Nomad Factory/BT Equalizer BX2S-3.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 32: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Equalizer GEQ12-3.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\NOMADF~1\BT7021~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Nomad Factory/BT Equalizer GEQ12-3.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 33: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Equalizer PEQ2B-3.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\NOMADF~1\BTEQUA~3.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Nomad Factory/BT Equalizer PEQ2B-3.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 34: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Equalizer PEQ322-3.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\NOMADF~1\BTEQUA~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Nomad Factory/BT Equalizer PEQ322-3.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 35: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Equalizer PEQ5B-3.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\NOMADF~1\BTEQUA~2.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Nomad Factory/BT Equalizer PEQ5B-3.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 36: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT ExpanderGate GX622-3.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\NOMADF~1\BTEXPA~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Nomad Factory/BT ExpanderGate GX622-3.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 37: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Limiter LM2S-3.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\NOMADF~1\BTLIMI~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Nomad Factory/BT Limiter LM2S-3.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 38: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Oilcan Echo TLE2S-3.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\NOMADF~1\BTOILC~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Nomad Factory/BT Oilcan Echo TLE2S-3.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 39: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Stereo Imager ST2S-3.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\NOMADF~1\BTSTER~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Nomad Factory/BT Stereo Imager ST2S-3.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 40: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT Tempo Delay DL3D-3.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\NOMADF~1\BTTEMP~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Nomad Factory/BT Tempo Delay DL3D-3.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 41: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Nomad Factory\BT ValveDriver ADR2S-3.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\NOMADF~1\BTVALV~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Nomad Factory/BT ValveDriver ADR2S-3.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 42: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Overloud\TH2-64.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\Overloud\TH2-64.dll
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Overloud/TH2-64.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 43: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Rapture\Rapture x64.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\Rapture\RAPTUR~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Rapture/Rapture x64.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 44: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\SI-Bass Guitar\SI-Bass Guitar.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\SI-BAS~1\SI-BAS~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/SI-Bass Guitar/SI-Bass Guitar.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 45: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\SI-Drum Kit\SI-Drum Kit.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\SI-DRU~1\SI-DRU~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/SI-Drum Kit/SI-Drum Kit.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 46: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\SI-Electric Piano\SI-Electric Piano.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\SI-ELE~1\SI-ELE~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/SI-Electric Piano/SI-Electric Piano.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 47: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\SI-String Section\SI-String Section.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\SI-STR~1\SI-STR~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/SI-String Section/SI-String Section.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 48: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\True Piano\TruePianos_x64.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\TRUEPI~1\TRUEPI~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/True Piano/TruePianos_x64.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 49: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Addictive Drums 2.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\ADDICT~2.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Addictive Drums 2.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 50: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Addictive Keys.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\ADDICT~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Addictive Keys.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 51: c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Xpand!2_x64.dll ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\cakewalk\VSTPLU~1\XPAND!~1.DLL
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/cakewalk/vstplugins/Xpand!2_x64.dll
VSTSCAN: ---- 52: c:\program files\common files\vst3\CA2ALevelingAmplifier\CA-2ALevelingAmplifier_64.vst3 ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\vst3\CA2ALE~1\CA-2AL~1.VST
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/common files/vst3/CA2ALevelingAmplifier/CA-2ALevelingAmplifier_64.vst3
VSTSCAN: ---- 53: c:\program files\common files\vst3\Celemony\Melodyne\Melodyne.vst3 ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\vst3\Celemony\Melodyne\MELODY~1.VST
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/common files/vst3/Celemony/Melodyne/Melodyne.vst3
VSTSCAN: ---- 54: c:\program files\common files\vst3\Overloud\TH3-64.vst3 ----
VSTSCAN: [ShortPath] c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\vst3\Overloud\TH3-64~1.VST
VSTSCAN: [RegKey] Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\c:/program files/common files/vst3/Overloud/TH3-64.vst3
VSTSCAN: Finished analyzing VST plugins - 0 of 56 VST plugins were scanned in this run
VSTSCAN: Delete untouched - Scanning for plugins to remove...
Closing log file
Thursday, 07 Jun 2018, 18:12:32

My attention is drawn to item 7, as that's what I believe to be the VX-64.. so why wouldn't it be visible in the browser?

scook
Forum Host
Re: VST Scan Paths and missing plugins (that still work?) 2018/06/07 17:24:48 (permalink)
Nothing in the internal folder should show up in the plug-in browser. As I mentioned above, those files support PC modules and in the case of the VX-64 a style dial. Those files are excluded on purpose.

The default location regular VX-64 based on your scan log is C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\Vocal Strip. The folder contains VX64_VocalStrip_64.dll, VX-64_Vocal_Strip.chm and a resources folder containing 53 files.
HIBI
  • Total Posts : 45
Re: VST Scan Paths and missing plugins (that still work?) 2018/06/07 17:28:00 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby andyjobson85 2018/06/07 17:36:03
Check with "Show Excluded" at "Manage Exclusion List" in Plug-in manager and dig it in "VST Audio Effects (VST)" at "Plug-in Categories". If find it, focus it then click "Enable Plug-in" button at "Manage Exclusion List".

HIBI (Mad Marsa)     Twitter, Facebook

New official Cakewalk forum.
About new forum, read this: http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3806006
andyjobson85
Re: VST Scan Paths and missing plugins (that still work?) 2018/06/07 17:31:29 (permalink)
scook
The default location regular VX-64 based on your scan log is C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\Vocal Strip. The folder contains VX64_VocalStrip_64.dll, VX-64_Vocal_Strip.chm and a resources folder containing 53 files.

I think you're right that this is what I'm missing, but I don't understand how you can determine that from the log??

Also I don't know how it's now missing if it was once there...
scook
Forum Host
Re: VST Scan Paths and missing plugins (that still work?) 2018/06/07 17:31:33 (permalink)
That works today but I would not count on it as a future-proof solution. Since the OP has Platinum, it would be best to install the VX-64 along with the rest of the Platinum plug-ins.
scook
Forum Host
Re: VST Scan Paths and missing plugins (that still work?) 2018/06/07 17:35:19 (permalink)
andyjobson85

Also I don't know how it's now missing if it was once there...

Based on the scan log there are quite a few plug-ins missing. I do not see PX-64, TL-64, the LP or adaptive limiter to name a few.

HIBI is right, the VX-64 is getting picked up from the internal folder but that is not a good idea. Install Platinum.
andyjobson85
Re: VST Scan Paths and missing plugins (that still work?) 2018/06/07 17:38:43 (permalink)
HIBI
Check with "Show Excluded" at "Manage Exclusion List" in Plug-in manager and dig it in "VST Audio Effects (VST)" at "Plug-in Categories". If find it, focus it then click "Enable Plug-in" button at "Manage Exclusion List".

This worked, thanks. I had to save it as a new layout too which was slightly annoying as I don't use the layouts.. I'd rather just have a flat alphabetical list

scook
Based on the scan log there are quite a few plug-ins missing. I do not see PX-64, TL-64, the LP or adaptive limiter to name a few.

I got the others back in the same way, but why are they now marked as excluded?
andyjobson85
Re: VST Scan Paths and missing plugins (that still work?) 2018/06/07 17:41:12 (permalink)
I can do what I did when I reinstalled windows and reinstate "C:\Program Files\cakewalk\vstplugins\Vocal Strip" from my old installation.. That worked, but I guess an update from BA stepped on it?

scook
Forum Host
Re: VST Scan Paths and missing plugins (that still work?) 2018/06/07 17:41:54 (permalink)
I explained that above. They are excluded by design and will be excluded with every update. Install Platinum to get the Platinum plug-ins. You are missing quite a few. Hacking the exclude list is not a good idea especially since you have the plug-ins available to install.
andyjobson85
Re: VST Scan Paths and missing plugins (that still work?) 2018/06/07 17:49:36 (permalink)
Is there no way to get the platinum plugins without installing the whole DAW? I installed CbB by itself because I didn't want to depend on Command Center or its installers...
scook
Forum Host
Re: VST Scan Paths and missing plugins (that still work?) 2018/06/07 18:07:54 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby witch_wyzwurd 2019/01/11 14:12:30
The Command Center and the installers work and are by far the easiest way to get all the Platinum add-ons installed correctly.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1