Helpful ReplyFeature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018]

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 18 of 26
Author
JoseC.
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 471
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/03 10:53:34 (permalink)
A "Duplicate pattern" button in the Step Sequencer. Better yet, a "Duplicate" shortcut everywhere, a la Ableton Live CTRL + D.

Better Step Sequencer integration with the Matrix View, like editing and auditioning a pattern while the Matrix is running.

Integration between the Step Sequencer patterns and Drum Maps. Save drum maps with patterns. Better yet, save the track template with them, too, and make it possible to audition it directly from the browser, a la Ableton Live Clips. This is one of my favourite Live features. I can save a midi pattern with all the track routing and patch changes to an external hardware synth like a .alc file and audition it from the browser without loading the actual track. If you don't know what I am talking about, think of it like a previewable track template with data.
Falk
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/03 12:55:37 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby marled 2018/06/07 13:21:21
Thought I'd revisit this suggestion I made some time back. Lots of VSTs operate with keyswitches and CC, whether it's selecting velocity layers, articulations or even different playing techniques. It'd be incredible for workflow if we could customize visuals on the piano roll for this per track (and obviously save them as track templates) so that keyswitches and CC thresholds, etc are easier to parse at-a-glance rather than flipping through VST user manual PDFs every couple of hours. Here's a mockup example for Prominy's V-METAL guitar library.

Similarly, CC lanes and even the velocity row could show specific thresholds for the VST in question.

Ideally, if piano roll themes were per-track (defaults to global if no per-track data) and included BG color selection, text color selection, and label text per MIDI pitch, that'd accomplish something very close. Ditto on CC lanes, although that'd have to also then add number of divisions, where the boundaries are on each, etc.
Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/03 13:12:55 (permalink)
See your original post in the forum

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
poetnprophet
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 128
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/04 18:19:01 (permalink)
Narrow strip versus Wide console strip:  Can we please have the buttons on the same rows?  In the console view, a narrow track will have REC and INPUT MONITOR and MUTE shown.  In the wide strip, it adds phase/interleave, and other stuff.  But, the two rows are not on the same "line".  Can we have the two rows swapped so that those functions are on the same "line" for narrow or wide strip?  

It makes for a cleaner look, and easier to drag mute across tracks.

Dave

Cakewalk by Bandlab
i7 8700k, 32GB, Win 10pro
MOTU 828es, VS700(idle)
Hulk 990, NT1A
Slate Digital, Izotope, Waves
www.kdubbproductions.com
https://www.bandlab.com/kdubbproductions 
Brighp72
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/04 22:37:52 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MarianoGF 2018/06/06 15:39:08
I know you guys are working hard at bringing Cakewalk back from the dead, and as a long-time user I am grateful. but when are you bringing out the cakewalk plug-in and instruments that are still waiting in the wings? Specifically CA-2A and Rapture Pro
eve_ripper
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 57
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/07 06:15:45 (permalink)
Want these:
1. Add scale and root notes to step sequencer. I was using korg sq1 for sequences. Cakewalk sequencer is good for drums, but making it iseful for synths is not that easy and fast.
2. Add lock merge and lock transient guides more simple.
I was using Reaper, where timestretching for multitrack source is very easy. I group tracks and then I add stretchmarkers to one or two tracks. And other tracks just locked to main. That is fast and easy enough instead of activating audiosnap, then changing threshold, then select tracks and then merge. After that i need to select few tracks to make timestretching.
3. Fix export option "what you hear". Because when you have midi and soft synths on separate tracks, there's no sound on exported wav. It's not what I hear.
4. Clip gain. It's a timekiller to adjust clip gain without preview. I would like to touch my clip sonewhere and boost or cut gain.
post edited by eve_ripper - 2018/06/07 09:27:13
oeai
  • Total Posts : 47
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/07 08:39:16 (permalink)
for export i'd suggest additional setup of exact export time, so now i can highlight it with mouse and selected area will be rendered, but in some cases it's better to do just with changing some number values
And well a new major feature that needs a lot of pro hardcoding 
- enable few cards for play
i got 3 sound cards inside, 1 for music, 1 for games and one with mobo, they are all capable for 192khz/24bit
the problem i got - i described in my previous suggestion post, i need play sound and play midi.
right now we can solve it with freeze track and switching latencies + asio\wasapi
and if i could use 1 card for 1 real time instrument and routing other devices, then other cards i could use for rendering audio in realtime, but for different instruments.
So i could send those instruments for new buses and switch those buses to render with different cards and main bus will aggregate it all with main card.
the hardest part here is about different latencies and different hardware driver modes and well if you remember one of my other req posts, using cuda or opencl for some reasons (fx bin, fx bus, console routes, prochannel) would be good too.
yes, maybe i'm too freak, but no other soft can do this (cub?) so this can be a pro feature for live show.
you'd better ask more musicians about that, to check if it is really needed and enable it as a paid or pro-feature,
but you'll need a lot of supported hardware and tests.
Puggles
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/11 03:20:57 (permalink)
*BUG*
I have a recorded video for better understanding. Video here

When you take two clips on the same track and move them together (and create a crossfade, if so desired) I try to drag one of the clips to make sure it is in sync with the metronome and when I move the clip, the part that is crossfaded now has a "cut", or "gap" in it after being moved.  Sonar 4,5,7, or 8 that I've used in the past has NEVER done this, so why now?  When I would drag one of those clips, it would just slide accordingly with the crossfade (if applicable).  I could not find any option in the preferences menu to change this from happening.

80% of the time this works how it SHOULD and does and this bug does not show it's ugly face.  I have to assume this is a bug in the software since I have ALWAYS edited in Sonar the exact same way since Sonar 4 and this editing bug happens MOST of, but not all the time.
post edited by Puggles - 2018/06/11 05:34:23
methodman3000
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 133
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/11 04:55:14 (permalink)
It would be nice if Sonar got the Randomness of something like Dr T's Keyboard Control synthesizer Level 2. (KCS Lvl 2 This system is so far ahead of its time and to my knowledge nothing even comes close to it.  Biab seems to be the only company left with it.  
steplander
  • Total Posts : 42
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/12 01:07:14 (permalink)
Hello,

Thanks for opening this forum to suggestions.
Wish list:
1. Better, tighter midi engine (explanation below)
2. Better compatibility with Melodyne.

Before Gibson shut down Cakewalk there were two issues I found plaguing Cakewalk through a few versions which started when they changed the midi clock;
The MIDI records a slight bit ahead of where it was actually played.
So, if I strike my key right ON the beat, the midi mark would show up just before the beat after the recording was complete. 
I found that switching from 48 to 44.1 corrected this a bit.

Switching from 48 to 44.1 also helped correct a lot of what was wrong with Cakewalk's interaction with Melodyne. 

In 48, Melodyne crashed almost all of the time and preview functions did not work.
In 44.1, the crashing was reduced by 75% (it still crashed but a lot less time) and preview worked.

Thanks!

Euthymia
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 223
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/13 08:46:35 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jimfogle 2018/06/26 01:18:34
My suggestion is a simple one, but I notice it every time I use the program:

In the FX rack context menus, I would love a selection for "Replace Effect."

Just like there is a selection for "Replace Synth" in the Instrument Track context menus.

We can replace a synth with one step, but must go through the extra step of deleting an effect and then adding another one all over again, when replacing effects is something I, and probably others, do way more often than replacing synths. It would be great to have that functionality.

-Erik
Warning: if you tell me my issue can be remedied by buying more RAM, an SSD, or a Waves plug-in, I will troll you pitiilessly
rogeriodec
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 753
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/16 20:32:00 (permalink)
Create more keyboard shortcut options in Preferences for some new features like for Piano Roll:
  1. View -> Show Multiple Lanes
  2. Transform tool

rogeriodec.com.br

* Cakewalk By Bandlabs (always lastest versions), Window 10 x64
* Focusrite Scarlett Solo Audio Interface
* Intel i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00 GHz / ASROCK EXTREME 4 Z97 Mobo
* 2 SSD Samsung Evo 250 Gb (RAID-0) + 1 Western Digital 2 Tb + 1 Seagate 1 Tb
* Onboard video / 16 Gb RAM HyperX Fury 1600 Mhz
* 3 LCD Monitors
* Axiom 61 MIDI Controller, Tapco S5 Active Studio Monitors
msmcleod
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 920
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/16 21:27:48 (permalink)
Puggles
*BUG*

When you take two clips on the same track and move them together (and create a crossfade, if so desired) I try to drag one of the clips to make sure it is in sync with the metronome and when I move the clip, the part that is crossfaded now has a "cut", or "gap" in it after being moved.  Sonar 4,5,7, or 8 that I've used in the past has NEVER done this, so why now?  When I would drag one of those clips, it would just slide accordingly with the crossfade (if applicable).  I could not find any option in the preferences menu to change this from happening.

80% of the time this works how it SHOULD and does and this bug does not show it's ugly face.  I have to assume this is a bug in the software since I have ALWAYS edited in Sonar the exact same way since Sonar 4 and this editing bug happens MOST of, but not all the time.

I found doing anything with multiple selected clips is hit and miss (see http://forum.cakewalk.com/Issue-when-using-Normalize-in-multiselect-m3763740.aspx).

Sonar Platinum/CbB store multiple clips in the same file. It seems that performing multiple-clip operations which involve clips that are in a file shared by other clips just doesn't work properly. You either get corrupted or blank clips, or the contents of other clips affect the logic in whatever operation you're doing (certainly in the case of Normalize or Clip Gain).

The only way I found to stop it doing this is to:
  • Ensure "Create One File Per Clip" is selected (this is in the "Save As" dialog)
  • Select each clip individually and select "Bounce To Clip(s)" for each one.
This ensures that each clip is in its own file. Once this is the case, multiple clip operations should work as expected.

Seeing as I'm in the right thread for this...
(a) Can this bug be fixed; and/or
(b) Can we have some method of doing a bulk "Bounce to Clips" for all the clips in a track, so that each clip ends up in its own file?

Mark McLeod
Cakewalk by BL | ASUS P8B75-V, Intel I5 3570 16GB RAM Win 10 64 + Win 7 64/32 SSD HD's, Scarlett 18i20 / 6i6 | ASUS ROG GL552VW 16GB RAM Win 10 64 SSD HD's, Scarlett 2i2 | Behringer Truth B2030A / Edirol MA-5A | Mackie MCU + C4 + XT | 2 x BCF2000, Korg NanoKontrol Studio
ChrisBlack
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/18 12:34:52 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby abacab 2018/06/18 16:34:38
Just wanted to repost my request (This could influence my choice of DAW a lot!) for AAF file import and export.

My Main reasons for requesting this feature are the following:

1) Several other DAWs including Pro Tools, Logic X, Presonus Studio One, and others, have included support for the AAF format, making it possible to move large sessions easily between different DAWs.

2) In a Multi-Daw environment (I play in a band with multiple members and DAWs) this makes working on projects from differing DAWs a total pleasure, as well as saving time and helping keep inspiration levels high!

3) OMF is dated, and currently not widely supported, AAF has a better track record and has a much wider layer of support.

4) This would be one of the ONLY reasons I would think another DAW would win out over Sonar, especially in Post Production and editing.

<----- Multiple posts here have also brought up this issue :)

I am sorry for posting multiple times in this thread, but I do believe that this would be a great asset to Cakewalk by Bandlab, and would help many musicians and engineer/ producers to work with production companies and post production facilities in a much easier manner.

P.S. Cakewalk For Life!

ChrisBlack
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/18 12:39:45 (permalink)
Sorry, my link to the forum post relating to AAF didn't post for some reason

but a simple forum search should bring up the relevant link :)
Puggles
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/19 15:43:19 (permalink)
msmcleod
Puggles
*BUG*

I found doing anything with multiple selected clips is hit and miss (see http://forum.cakewalk.com/Issue-when-using-Normalize-in-multiselect-m3763740.aspx).

Sonar Platinum/CbB store multiple clips in the same file. It seems that performing multiple-clip operations which involve clips that are in a file shared by other clips just doesn't work properly. You either get corrupted or blank clips, or the contents of other clips affect the logic in whatever operation you're doing (certainly in the case of Normalize or Clip Gain).

• Ensure "Create One File Per Clip" is selected (this is in the "Save As" dialog)
This ensures that each clip is in its own file. Once this is the case, multiple clip operations should work as expected.

(b) Can we have some method of doing a bulk "Bounce to Clips" for all the clips in a track, so that each clip ends up in its own file?

This was NEVER an issue before when I would edit in Guitar Tracks, Sonar 4,5,7,8, X1 and X3, so why is this happening now?  It doesn't make sense.  I have exhausted the options menu (even in advanced settings) and I can't find anything that pertains to this.  I'm absolutely convinced that this is a bug.  And as far as bugs go, this is almost a deal breaker for me.  I have edited like this for YEARS with Cakewalk products and this has put a serious damper on my efficiency with editing.
Horsefight
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/20 01:03:23 (permalink)
Puggles
msmcleod
Puggles
*BUG*
I have a recorded video for better understanding.

I found doing anything with multiple selected clips is hit and miss (see ).

This was NEVER an issue before when I would edit in Guitar Tracks, Sonar 4,5,7,8, X1 and X3, so why is this happening now?  It doesn't make sense.  I have exhausted the options menu (even in advanced settings) and I can't find anything that pertains to this.  I'm absolutely convinced that this is a bug.  And as far as bugs go, this is almost a deal breaker for me.  I have edited like this for YEARS with Cakewalk products and this has put a serious damper on my efficiency with editing.

I've seen this on and off (raised a forum request about it), I've got no answers other than it seems to be something that happens to a project and once it's happened you can't roll it back, impossibly annoying
Horsefight
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/20 01:05:45 (permalink)
I had another feature request of sorts, which is that when there's a new release in the BLA, it should be really really really really easy to find out what changes have been made. I.e. release notes. Updating a sticky thread really isn't a good way to do it, especially when, with the last two updates, no new text seemed to be added.
SandlinJohn
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 188
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/20 18:48:27 (permalink)
Horsefight
I had another feature request of sorts, which is that when there's a new release in the BLA, it should be really really really really easy to find out what changes have been made. I.e. release notes. Updating a sticky thread really isn't a good way to do it, especially when, with the last two updates, no new text seemed to be added.

For the "Easy to find" part - on the BandLab Assistant, you can click the little down arrow bit next to the "Open" button for the app and choose "Learn More" which opens a web page. From there click the "What's New". But as you noticed, they didn't update the page with the last couple of updates to the app - which were bug fixes. That would have been nice... The Release Notes show for the (2018.05) release, but not the two bug fixes released in the mean time. 

And the page only shows the most recent update. I think a link to previous updates is in order, too. 

Sonar Platinum, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, Intel NUC micro-workstation with 5th Gen Intel i5-5250U, 16 GB RAM and 1.25 TB Storage, Yamaha MG10XU Mixer USB Interface, Yamaha HPH-MT8 Monitor Headphones, Yamaha MX-49 controller synth
Horsefight
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/20 20:26:21 (permalink)
SandlinJohn
Horsefight

For the "Easy to find" part - on the BandLab Assistant, you can click the little down arrow bit next to the "Open" button for the app and choose "Learn More" which opens a web page. From there click the "What's New". But as you noticed, they didn't update the page with the last couple of updates to the app - which were bug fixes. That would have been nice... The Release Notes show for the (2018.05) release, but not the two bug fixes released in the mean time. 

And the page only shows the most recent update. I think a link to previous updates is in order, too. 

Thanks, yeah I think I saw that with the last update but, like you said it didn't mention any new changes so it's not of any real value unless it's updated every time

Cheers
lapasoa
  • Total Posts : 193
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/25 09:11:56 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby mgustavo 2018/06/26 22:27:22
Please, it should be very handy if a button, a light or something as you like that tell us when rippe edit is on or off.
Liquid Noise
  • Total Posts : 43
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/25 22:05:18 (permalink)
I would like to see Session Drummer 3 come back.  I would like to know why they removed it.
Vatche
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/28 04:19:08 (permalink)
I'm sure this was requested before, individual audio clip gain control, similar to Studio One or REAPER. This will speed up editing process by 1000%.

Thanks.
bz2838
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 366
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/28 13:22:44 (permalink)
Chord track?

Purrrfect Audio:  Intel i7 7700k (Kabylake), 32Gig DDR4/2133, Windows 10x64 Pro, USB RME Babyface, Sonar Platinum Current
cyberzip
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 613
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/28 19:16:10 (permalink)
JoseC.
A "Duplicate pattern" button in the Step Sequencer. Better yet, a "Duplicate" shortcut everywhere, a la Ableton Live CTRL + D.

+1 for this, it would be amazing in Cakewalk! I have been trying out Live and CTRL + D is the best thing since sliced bread!
mgustavo
  • Total Posts : 153
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/28 22:49:51 (permalink)
Hi, it seems there's a bug on Staff View when selecting notes with Smart Tool, Select Tool and Draw Tool.
That won't let context menu show properly when right clicking on empty spaces. It will clear selection and context menu options will be greyed out.

Also forumite SquireBum found out holding Ctrl key while right clicking on empty spaces will let context menu to show normally, with all options enabled.

More details can be seen on the following thread:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Select-Tool-issue-on-Staff-View-m3766165.aspx 

Best regards

Cakewalk by BandLab, Sonar Professional, Sonar Artist, Sonar X3e, Music Creator 6, Kontakt 5 player
Sound Forge Audio Studio 10, Sony Vegas Movie Studio 11, DVD Architect Studio 5
Windows 10 64 bits, Intel i5 2,3 GHz Lenovo notebook, 4 GB DDR3
Behringer UCA 202, M-Audio Key Rig 49, Edifier R1900TIII speaker, EasyCap USB Video Capture
Phonic AM 105FX mixer, Samson Q7 mic, Yamaha C40 acoustic guitar, Condor RX-20S guitar

KaydoAsh
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/06/29 00:57:54 (permalink)
Hi.

Thanks for the opportunity to help creating a better software in the music industry worldwide.

A great feature like a drag and drop into the piano roll with all the features the current piano roll has to manipulate the Pitch,Velocity, Notes/Key changes to add some external 808's/Snares/claps or any other sample, without the use of certain drum machines would be a great feature for us that are HipHop/EDM/House and tropicana producers. 
This would allow us to work faster and easier.

The current Step Sequencer just doesn't work that well in these type of genre's. It's visual can also be changed to look slicker, smoother, simpler and more modern.
I create, compose, record, mix and master solely in Cakewalk and these requests would be a major A+ to every HipHop producer and producers of all genres.

Love the DAW, It works perfectly. It's powerful, Workflow is simple, easy and hands on.
This one is for the win.

Thanks
Will
midist
  • Total Posts : 35
[Bug] Clicking the time bar in staff view (we cannot move to any position) 2018/06/30 12:49:26 (permalink)

I found a bug.
If we clicked on the time bar in staff view to move current position,
then staff view start scrolling just, we cannot move to new position.

iRelevant
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 430
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/07/01 00:56:44 (permalink)
Liquid Noise
I would like to see Session Drummer 3 come back.  I would like to know why they removed it.

I still have Session Drummer 3 in CbB. Maybe you have a problem with your setup ?

OS:Win7x64 SP1 CPU:i5/8GB/SSD DAWs : CbB, FLS, SO2, (Reaper) etc. To much Gear, not enough wires. 
My Music : BandLab  https://www.bandlab.com/irelevant BandCamp : https://irelevant.bandcamp.com
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 729
Re: Feature Requests + Improvements [New 29/3/2018] 2018/07/01 01:08:27 (permalink)
Perhaps you have it there from an existing SONAR install and it is being picked up by CbB, I just recently installed CbB on an old laptop to open and transfer a couple of existing SONAR projects over to Studio One, the laptop has zero other music production related software on it and Session Drummer is not available in CbB.

Intel i7 4790 @3.6Ghz - 32GB Ram - Windows 10 Pro 64bit - RME Fireface UFX+
Studio One 4 Professional, REAPER, CbB-(Couldnb't be Bothered)
More Plugs than Plumbers Warehouse.

Happy Studio One User Since August 2015

"It's the entertainment value, the comic relief . . . plus the Software and Deals Forum"

Page: << < ..1617181920.. > >> Showing page 18 of 26
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1