Touch screen monitor question.

Author
bluebeat1313
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 122
2018/06/24 01:41:56 (permalink)

Touch screen monitor question.

Hi fellows!

I was doing some research on the dual monitor setup for Sonar... and would like some input, if anybody tried something similar.
I used Cakewalk for loong time, mostly for tracking vocals. When "touch" compatibility came to life it was like a heaven on earth for me. No more mousing / keyboarding around. Pinch + zoom on touchscreen laptop and you are where you want to be in timeline a matter of few seconds. That said...

I was looking for a way to connect second screen to my touchscreen laptop that would also be a "touchscreen".  There are 3 ways that I found, but none perfect... 

1) Screen extension to another laptop via Windows "wireless screen" option utilizing Miracast. This is probably most elegant option, but the speed of Miracast is not fast enough, even if directly connected to wireless card on that laptop (without a router).
P.S. Maybe I missed something and there is a way to make it faster?
2) Using large Android tablet as a second screen via USB cable (wired) with program called Twomon USB. Extends Windows screen to Android tablets. Faster than Miracast (in my opinion), still there is a noticeable lag.
3) There was interesting custom setup using small Lenovo Thinkvision (Lt1423P) 13" screen that I have seen. Gentleman wrote a script, so "mouse" does not get stolen from first screen... This was a wired solution using 2 USB ports. One for device power, one for touch digitizer.  

What I want to accomplish... 
a) Have separation for tracks on one screen channel strips on the second screen
b) able to use "touch" navigation on screen #1 and "touch" volume...effects on the other.

The #3 option would work for me, but I can not sacrifice 2 USB ports....

Can anybody point me to the right direction please.

Thank you. 

3 Replies Related Threads

bluebeat1313
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 122
    Re: Touch screen monitor question. 2018/06/25 19:09:58 (permalink)
    bump?
    gswitz
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5694
    Re: Touch screen monitor question. 2018/06/29 13:05:08 (permalink)
    I've read your post but don't know how too help. I would think if you have a monitor output - hdmi or whatever - and one usb port, that you could set it up.

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
    I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
    mudgel
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12010
    Re: Touch screen monitor question. 2018/06/30 08:57:45 (permalink)
    Matrox have a range of accessories that help you add screens with various features. It maybe worth having a look if they have something that will help with the touch system on the second monitor.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
    PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
    Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
    Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
    Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
    Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
    Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1