Helpful ReplyRendering Audio track with plug-ins attatched

Author
Vokalzz
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 87
2018/06/26 06:07:42 (permalink)

Rendering Audio track with plug-ins attatched

Hello Gents,

So, I was wondering how you render a individual audio wave track with plug-ins Like EQ, Compression, gates ect.. attached.
Then after rendering that track with all the plug-ins. what would be left is a plain clean audio wave track with no more plug ins attached. Basically all those previous plug-ins that were attached are now just apart of this new audio data wave.
This way I can save on CPU and such.

My idea is this.

Im basically doing everything in the box. I do not have a hardwired compressor to compress, or eq coming in, So in order to control the wave after recording I want to add light compression, render it, this way the track and wave is more manageable for automation and editing. Basically a wave that doesn't have as many peaks and valleys. If I compress the wave, then render it, I can physically see the uniformity of the wave. It would be just like what a wave would look like if you compressed the signal coming in.

Is this possible? Ive seen it accomplished in other DAWS, while watching videos, you tube and such, But cant figure it out in Cakewalk.

I know about bouncing to tracks, But the plug-ins just stay attached and everything doesn't render together.

Please help! and I hope all of you guys are having a wonderful day!!!!

scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Rendering Audio track with plug-ins attatched 2018/06/26 06:19:41 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Vokalzz 2018/06/30 05:15:02
CbB and SONAR always record what is at the track input. To record a track affected by plug-ins route the track to an aux track and record it. Consider recording the dry audio track too, just in case.
Misread the OP
Vokalzz
I know about bouncing to tracks, But the plug-ins just stay attached and everything doesn't render together.

Bounce can render a new track will all plug-ins applied. What is done with the original track is up to the user. The original track could be deleted or archived. An archived track effectively removes the track and the plug-ins from the project but still may be accessed by unarchiving.

Freeze does the same thing as a bounce in the original track and bypasses the PC and FX rack. This is effectively the same as a bounce+archive.

Both methods above render effected tracks (assuming the freeze options are setup properly) and disconnect the plug-ins from the project.
Vokalzz
Re: Rendering Audio track with plug-ins attatched 2018/06/26 06:44:51 (permalink)
Exactly how do I go about this. Do you mean route a track to a bus track and record the bus Track???
Vokalzz
Re: Rendering Audio track with plug-ins attatched 2018/06/26 06:46:04 (permalink)
That would def be helpful for future material, but I need to do what im mentioning for current recorded material.

I am doing a acoustic cover of radioactive by imagine Dragons and already recorded the material.

scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Rendering Audio track with plug-ins attatched 2018/06/26 06:50:27 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Vokalzz 2018/06/30 05:15:06
An aux track is not a bus although it can be used like one. I added a link to the CbB help about patch point/aux tracks. It is not clear what DAW version this question is about. Also after reading the OP, it occurred to me that this is not about real-time effect recording but possibly a lack of understanding about bounce and freeze options.
Vokalzz
Re: Rendering Audio track with plug-ins attatched 2018/06/30 05:15:31 (permalink)
Thanks again. I will do more research into this and come back if I need any further assistance!

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1