Bigfoot

Author
RexRed
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 453
2018/07/13 05:34:50 (permalink)

Bigfoot

This is a bizarre song that I made, I am still trying to perfect it.

Bigfoot
https://www.reverbnation.com/rexredmusicartist/song/24678240-bigfoot

I did the piano part. Not sure I like the cymbal crashes I have the velocity set wrong.

I worked on it about 6 hours yesterday and today.
It is almost there...

Any suggestions? My ears are tried and a fresh perspective would be very helpful.

My vocal style kind of remind me of mix between David Bowie and David Gray and of course, me. :)

Thanks for the listens Cakewalk Peeps!

This song was completely made in Cakewalk while incorporating a few external VST instruments and effects.

RexRed

9 Replies Related Threads

Wayfarer
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 831
    Re: Bigfoot 2018/07/17 02:29:07 (permalink)
    I love most of your stuff Rex, but I couldn't get into this one. The subject matter just isn't my thing.

The recording was very well done though. The piano was especially nice. Liked the solo too.

Bill
    SupaReels Music
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 370
    Re: Bigfoot 2018/07/17 17:58:23 (permalink)
    I really don't understand the message ( my bad ), but the song itself works with your vocal, which is appealing, thing is, for me, it doesn't quite gel. But I love the song!!?? try less lyrics to send the message cause the mix ain't bad.

That's all I got

Home-built 64 bit pc running Win7 Pro, 2nd system Laptop running Win10

DAW' s :-  Sonar Platinum , Cubase Pro 10. , CyberLink Audio Director 7, Power Director 15
    Other Stuff :- Impulse61, VX7, DX7, Behringer X-Touch , Tascam MidiStudio688,Orbit v2, Roland U220, SPL Vitalizer, TC Helicon, Alesis M1s, Rode NT1 & NT2, Shure SM58, Red5 RV6 Mics, Various Guitars Ibanez S770, revamped Les Paul Copy, Yamaha Pacifica 112, SGR C-1, Yamaha Acoustic 12 string, Gibson 6 String Acoustic, Fender Squire Bass, Yamaha 800 Active Fretless  
    RexRed
    Re: Bigfoot 2018/07/18 16:43:03 (permalink)
    This song (to me) represents the idea of someone living in a bubble. Secret societies, conspiracy theories, the Davinci code, simply being misunderstood. LOL, it seems I accomplished that.

Bigfoot, a crypto mythological creature that lives in the shadows that (if exists) may or may not have an intelligence that surpasses our own.

It is how some people are like Bigfoot, they commune with aliens and belong in an episode of the Xfiles.

They are superheroes to some and freaks to others.

Non-conventional political ideas that to some are unsettling and break the cookie cutter mold we are supposed to conform to. Inventors and reclusive poets...

Talking to angels and understanding things that few ever even conceive of...

Stepping back and seeing the whole picture that is scary to some. Seeing your lifetime flash before your eyes. The occult, fantasy, mysticism, the heart of God...

Songs like this make people speculate long after you are gone if you embedded some secret meaning within your music. 

Did I?

:)

Wayfarer
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 831
    Re: Bigfoot 2018/07/19 01:56:56 (permalink)
    RexRed
    This song (to me) represents the idea of someone living in a bubble. Secret societies, conspiracy theories, the Davinci code, simply being misunderstood. LOL, it seems I accomplished that.

I thought it might be something like that. You might want to consider rewriting one or more of the verses to make your intentions a little more clear though because it seems a bit ambiguous the way it stands now. At least to me it does. It could also be that I'm just not smart enough to get the sarcasm. It's happened before. Hard to believe, no? 
    SupaReels Music
    Re: Bigfoot 2018/07/19 18:03:21 (permalink)
    RexRed

Bigfoot, a crypto mythological creature that lives in the shadows that (if exists) may or may not have an intelligence that surpasses our own.

It is how some people are like Bigfoot, they commune with aliens and belong in an episode of the Xfiles.

Non-conventional political ideas that to some are unsettling and break the cookie cutter mold we are supposed to conform to. Inventors and reclusive poets...

Stepping back and seeing the whole picture that is scary to some. Seeing your lifetime flash before your eyes. The occult, fantasy, mysticism, the heart of God...

Songs like this make people speculate long after you are gone if you embedded some secret meaning within your music. 

Did I?

Not really ... and believe me, I have listened to this and gone through your words as I once did with Beatles songs when I was bitten by their lyrics, and because you have loads a talent and I'm hooked on your vocal, I've done the same with this song, but your a tad (read sledge hammer) giving out too much info / make no mistake here, although your message regarding this song has indeed a supernatural and ethierial lyric image, you have to look very hard to find it ... and I wonder if the average listener would be bothered to go that far ... maybe you don't need people to look that far ... but here on Cake we try to help each other 

That's all I got

Regards

Steve 

DAW' s :-  Sonar Platinum , Cubase Pro 10. , CyberLink Audio Director 7, Power Director 15
    Other Stuff :- Impulse61, VX7, DX7, Behringer X-Touch , Tascam MidiStudio688,Orbit v2, Roland U220, SPL Vitalizer, TC Helicon, Alesis M1s, Rode NT1 & NT2, Shure SM58, Red5 RV6 Mics, Various Guitars Ibanez S770, revamped Les Paul Copy, Yamaha Pacifica 112, SGR C-1, Yamaha Acoustic 12 string, Gibson 6 String Acoustic, Fender Squire Bass, Yamaha 800 Active Fretless  
    RexRed
    Re: Bigfoot 2018/07/20 18:18:25 (permalink)
    SupaReels Music
    RexRed

Did I?

Not really ... and believe me, I have listened to this and gone through your words as I once did with Beatles songs when I was bitten by their lyrics, and because you have loads a talent and I'm hooked on your vocal, I've done the same with this song, but your a tad (read sledge hammer) giving out too much info / make no mistake here, although your message regarding this song has indeed a supernatural and ethierial lyric image, you have to look very hard to find it ... and I wonder if the average listener would be bothered to go that far ... maybe you don't need people to look that far ... but here on Cake we try to help each other 

That's all I got

Regards

Steve 

This Bigfoot song was written in reference to my youtube videos which provides the other "missing link", a sort of cipher to this song.

Once you have the cipher the song makes sense.

The X Files - Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen - RexRed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn9RYJjAqws

The Wizard Of Oz - Styx - Crystal Ball - RexRed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TwGZYnfO3Y

The Last Unicorn - Crystal Waters - RexRed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM97ARMlj_U&app=desktop

Romeo and Juliet - When I Fall In Love - Nat King Cole - RexRed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl9Wpt9U_Rc

Legend - Yes - Roundabout - RexRed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWg_sXWcb5I&list=PLkysKjbnOlZ_cKkzINOoDhJ1-aCvlme21&index=70

RexRed - Fantastic Four - Def leppard - Rock of Ages
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHSCS7zCP10&t=0s&list=PLkysKjbnOlZ_cKkzINOoDhJ1-aCvlme21&index=74

Army Of Darkness - Meatloaf - Heaven Can Wait - RexRed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjuUErYhYrk

RexRed - Lord Of The Rings - Stairway To Heaven
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3118331/rexred_lord_of_the_rings_stairway_to_heaven/
    (This last video was redone in HD but youtube has an on again off again relationship with allowing it to be viewed.)

Ghost - The Flame - Cheap Trick - RexRed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0HGLnYqUDQ&list=PLkysKjbnOlZ_cKkzINOoDhJ1-aCvlme21&index=74

Some of these videos were made years ago when I was working on a weak single core processor and was still learning how to mix music.
    post edited by RexRed - 2018/07/20 18:41:40
    SupaReels Music
    Re: Bigfoot 2018/07/21 10:06:59 (permalink)
    Thanks

RexRed
    Re: Bigfoot 2018/07/21 17:05:00 (permalink)
    Lord of the Rings Stairway To Heaven Led Zeppelin RexRed HD
    https://vimeo.com/281045907

I just made this yesterday, built from the bottom up with better quality clips.
    SupaReels Music
    Re: Bigfoot 2018/07/22 09:40:08 (permalink)
    RexRed
    Lord of the Rings Stairway To Heaven Led Zeppelin RexRed HD
    https://vimeo.com/281045907

I just made this yesterday, built from the bottom up with better quality clips.

THAT is fantastic, as said, you are a talented guy. I loved your interpretation of the film and feel it lives again with a different story ... thanks for the post it must have taken a long time to get the cuts right  

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1