Where Is Sonar's Tech Support? Pls Help

Author
Alpha Company
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2018/08/06 05:37:04 (permalink)

Where Is Sonar's Tech Support? Pls Help

I've been trying to get to Sonar's Email Tech Support but keep getting the following message for the past year:

Under Construction 

We're sorry, this part of our website is currently undergoing maintenance. 
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try back again later. 

Does anyone know what happened to tech support & how to contact them now?

Please help.
Thx,
Ron

5 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Where Is Sonar's Tech Support? Pls Help 2018/08/06 05:43:23 (permalink)
    The company that made and supported SONAR was shutdown in Nov 2017 by Gibson. BandLab purchased many of the company's assets and have released Cakewalk by BandLab based on the last version of SONAR Platinum. Their support page is https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us. Cakewalk by BandLab is available for free from https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk

Alpha Company
    Re: Where Is Sonar's Tech Support? Pls Help 2018/08/09 03:51:29 (permalink)
    Thx Scook.

I'll give that a shot.  Since I purchased the Sonar Platinum, which meant I would get all the upgrades for free, do I still get the upgrades for free?  

I checked the Cakewalk Command Center but don't see any new updates.  So I'm not sure if Cakewalk updates the various products by Sonar, Rapture, Dimension Pro, etc. since they were taken over by BadLab.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx,
    Ron

Jim Roseberry
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9871
    Re: Where Is Sonar's Tech Support? Pls Help 2018/08/09 11:00:24 (permalink)
    Hi Ron,

You'll want to download/install the BandLab Assistant.
    It takes the place of Cakewalk Command Center.
    Once installed, it's easy to download/install "Cakewalk by Bandlab" (new name for Sonar).

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
    jim@studiocat.com
    www.studiocat.com
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Where Is Sonar's Tech Support? Pls Help 2018/08/09 13:00:25 (permalink)
    Alpha Company
    I'll give that a shot.  Since I purchased the Sonar Platinum, which meant I would get all the upgrades for free, do I still get the upgrades for free?  

SONAR Platinum was a Gibson/Cakewalk product. Gibson shut down Cakewalk in Nov 2017. SONAR is no longer being developed. Gibson sold Cakewalk assets to BandLab. Several of the Cakewalk staff were hired by BandLab and they released a new product based on Platinum called Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB). Effectively it started with the unreleased 2017-11 version of Platinum and has been updated monthly since the announcement in April 2018.

So far, only the "Platinum" Core and a few plug-ins have been released. This is what constitutes the free version of CbB. You will need to retain your Platinum installation to have access to all the plug-ins that were bundled with Platinum. CbB is free to all.

The installation instructions for CbB are here.

BandLab purchased Rapture Pro too. BandLab has mentioned releasing their version of a synth based on Rapture Pro but I do not expect to see them releasing the old Dimension Pro or Rapture. FWIW, Gibson Cakewalk had no plans to update Dimension Pro or Rapture either. In fact, the two synths have not been updated in years.
    Alpha Company
    Re: Where Is Sonar's Tech Support? Pls Help 2018/08/17 01:43:01 (permalink)
    Thanks so very much to all who responded.  Very helpful & glad to know Sonar didn't disappear.  Really enjoy Sonar.  I'm still not very good at doing the final MIXING.  Not sure of the correct flow & what FX to add to sub-mixes - but hey, I'm learnin'.

Good luck to you all.
    Kindest regards,
    Ron
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1