This software SUCKS!!

Author
NowTraveller
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2018/09/03 04:03:14 (permalink)

This software SUCKS!!

I purchased this last year after my PC with XP crashed. I was using Pyro 5(which is not compatible with Windows 7) I contacted the sales team and asked what was the equivalent to pyro 5 ( i just edit and create mix cd's with existing audio files, I crossfade tracks and sometimes split the tracks and just create my own little "mixtapes") They said buy music creator 7. Well I cant figure this damn thing out at all. Not very user friendly and the tutorials on the site suck. There are so many little features and things that I dont even have a clue how to use. I feel like I got conned into buying something that is so complex and made for guys that are creating their own music and editing it and all I am is just a mixtape guy. Why cant they just make Pyro 5 compatible with windows 7? Im very frustrated here and have tried to make this program work for me. Apparently contacting support for questions is no longer a factor now(have tried and failed).
Can someone assist me?
Thanks,
J

4 Replies Related Threads

gswitz
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5694
    Re: This software SUCKS!! 2018/09/03 16:40:41 (permalink)
    Can you specifically state what you want to do that you don't know how to do?

S for split.

Volume envelopes for cross fades

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
    I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
    jimfogle
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 463
    Re: This software SUCKS!! 2018/09/03 19:14:52 (permalink)
    Music Creator 7 is modeled more to resemble the features and functionality of a traditional recording studio.  It is a great digital audio recorder that also acts as a mixer or for loop creation but many features you'll likely never use.

You maybe better off forgetting about Music Creator 6 and using Audacity https://www.audacityteam.org/
    Audacity is a great tool for importing audio files and creating an audio mix and doesn't include many features you don't need.

I don't know when you purchased Music Creator 7 but the software was replaced by Sonar Home Studio more than two years ago.  The software manufacturer, Cakewalk, was closed down last year by its parent company, Gibson.

The only support available for consumer software like Music Creator 7 and Sonar Home Studio is through this forum.

Jim F
    Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB)
    Sonar Home Studio V23.9.0 build 32
    Music Creator 6
    Band-in-a-Box, Audacity, ChordPulse
    Win 7, i3 cpu, 8Gig ram, 480 Gig Dell Laptop
    http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

msmcleod
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 920
    Re: This software SUCKS!! 2018/09/03 21:51:18 (permalink)
    This covers the basic usage plus fade ins/outs:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23o7GWFr1jU

Mark McLeod
    Cakewalk by BL | ASUS P8B75-V, Intel I5 3570 16GB RAM Win 10 64 + Win 7 64/32 SSD HD's, Scarlett 18i20 / 6i6 | ASUS ROG GL552VW 16GB RAM Win 10 64 SSD HD's, Scarlett 2i2 | Behringer Truth B2030A / Edirol MA-5A | Mackie MCU + C4 + XT | 2 x BCF2000, Korg NanoKontrol Studio
    SandlinJohn
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 188
    Re: This software SUCKS!! 2018/09/05 11:14:09 (permalink)
    NowTraveller
    I purchased this last year after my PC with XP crashed. I was using Pyro 5(which is not compatible with Windows 7) I contacted the sales team and asked what was the equivalent to pyro 5 ( i just edit and create mix cd's with existing audio files, I crossfade tracks and sometimes split the tracks and just create my own little "mixtapes") They said buy music creator 7. Well I cant figure this damn thing out at all. Not very user friendly and the tutorials on the site suck. There are so many little features and things that I dont even have a clue how to use. I feel like I got conned into buying something that is so complex and made for guys that are creating their own music and editing it and all I am is just a mixtape guy. Why cant they just make Pyro 5 compatible with windows 7? Im very frustrated here and have tried to make this program work for me. Apparently contacting support for questions is no longer a factor now(have tried and failed).
    Can someone assist me?
    Thanks,
    J

Who was the "They" that said to buy Music Creator 7 in 2017? Home Studio has been a thing since Late 2016 and I would have suggested that instead. Music Creator should work, though, so I'm not saying it was not usable - just already discontinued.

I suppose it would be nice to allow a program released in 2005 (Pyro-5) to run on a modern computer. I'm surprised it doesn't run on Windows 7 though. You should be able to set "XP Compatibility" for it. I don't have Pyro-5 to test with though. 

Music Creator 7 is much newer of course, released in 2015. I had Music Creator 6 before I upgraded to Home Studio (for my laptop - my main system was upgraded to SONAR Platinum from SONAR X3 Studio). But I primarily worked with MIDI data and only did audio for the final mix and export - so I wasn't doing much cross fading - or any really.

During the Gibson tenure with Cakewalk a lot of the support for the "Home" programs was left in turmoil (perhaps even for the other software). Then they killed off the Cakewalk company in November of 2017 and sold the IP off to BandLab. Unless you have 64 bit Windows, you probably won't be able to use the current version of Cakewalk since it is 64 bit only - I'm running it on 64 bit Windows 7 Pro. If you do have 64 bit windows the Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) is free - you just have to sign up to the BandLab site.

Let us know if msmcleod's link helps.

Sonar Platinum, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, Intel NUC micro-workstation with 5th Gen Intel i5-5250U, 16 GB RAM and 1.25 TB Storage, Yamaha MG10XU Mixer USB Interface, Yamaha HPH-MT8 Monitor Headphones, Yamaha MX-49 controller synth
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1