Pahokee Chicken Man MP3 Kind of a Carribean thing

Author
Harvey Cedars
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1225
2005/02/19 17:03:10 (permalink)

Pahokee Chicken Man MP3 Kind of a Carribean thing

I wrote this song a long time ago, back when I was getting into Digital Audio. At that time I had just come off a job working on a prison in Bell Glade Florida. Most of the hoddies were Rasta Sorcerers; one in particular called himself Chicken Man. When I asked him why he was called Chicken man he smiled and said; "Mon because I fookes de chickens" And he laughed like hell.

So when I wrote this song it reminded me of him doing the chicken strutting around that construction site. He lived in the next town over which is called Pahokee. Mel Tillis is from there by the way.

Anyways I just rerecorded it from scratch today.

Pahokee Chicken Man

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/harveycedarsmusic.htm

4 Replies Related Threads

zepo1a
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 686
    RE: Pahokee Chicken Man MP3 Kind of a Carribean thing 2005/02/19 17:32:02 (permalink)
    Sounds like something from Band in a Box, with added guitar.

Zep--

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=292801
    Now Featuring
    The Bestest Little Wing Solo EVAR!!!!!
    Blackbird (A Beatles Cover)
    and
    COAFBH (Or, How not to make a 4 track tape recording!)
    Harvey Cedars
    RE: Pahokee Chicken Man MP3 Kind of a Carribean thing 2005/02/20 12:08:01 (permalink)
    Actually it is Jammer Hit Session which came with Pro Audio 9, but I still like the sound of it anyways. If I had access to actual players I would use them but I don't so I use what I can to get the job done.

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment. Actually Band In A Box does a more real sounding job than that old version of Jammer Hit Session did. I have both Jammer Pro and Band In A Box 2004 Megapak, and I prefer BIAB to jammer for most things.
    zepo1a
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 686
    RE: Pahokee Chicken Man MP3 Kind of a Carribean thing 2005/02/20 12:11:46 (permalink)
    I have BIAB, just cant ever get anything "real" sounding out of it.. I guess if you tweak it to death, but then that defeats the whole purpose. I use it to flesh out stuff (chord changes, etc..), but never in a recording.

Didn't mean anything bad by comment, but I could just tell. Guitar was good.

Zep--

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=292801
    Now Featuring
    The Bestest Little Wing Solo EVAR!!!!!
    Blackbird (A Beatles Cover)
    and
    COAFBH (Or, How not to make a 4 track tape recording!)
    Harvey Cedars
    RE: Pahokee Chicken Man MP3 Kind of a Carribean thing 2005/02/21 11:41:25 (permalink)
    I usually change the instrumentation significantly to acoustic piano, bass guitar, and drums, sometimes to rock organ. Then I use samples to record the rhythm sections to audio. The sampes make a significant difference, but it is still not live players. I wish I could find some (other than guitar players) In my area but there are none I know that I would care to hang out with truthfully.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1